Maycee Barber

I think Rampage Jackson said it comes from his legs and ass. It may have been from a sports science punching power measurement video.
Fair enough, still all rotates through the hips though at the end of the day.

Dern is the better striker. Suarez is godawful at standup and Dern isn’t afraid to bang and hits hard.

You really think Suarez would be able to lay on Dern? Lmao have you ever even seen Dern fight? Her guard is lethal.

Suarez is like the easiest matchup for Dern. Gadelha and Andrade would both give her far more problems.

There are more aspects to mma than just being in someone's guard or at striking distance. Plenty of fights are won in the clinch.

She is young let's see how she can evolve. I loved the Dern call out, it puts right in the spotlight. I wish her the best.

I don’t get that. Dern has better striking than Suarez and would sub her when it hit the ground.

Gadelha and Andrade kill barber and maybe Dern though.

LOL.. You think dern beats suarez?

No chance at all.

Dern would not get the takedown on tatiana

Tatiana would take dern down and rearrange her face.

Big mac would never be the same

Dern is the better striker. Suarez is godawful at standup and Dern isn’t afraid to bang and hits hard.

You really think Suarez would be able to lay on Dern? Lmao have you ever even seen Dern fight? Her guard is lethal.

Suarez is like the easiest matchup for Dern. Gadelha and Andrade would both give her far more problems.
Derns guard is lethal? She would take suarez back and submit her?

She couldnt even submit Ashley fucking yoder.

Barber vs. Dern!

BOOK IT VIVID ENT.!!!!!

giphy.gif

Mechanically, she needs work on her standup. But she'll need to go to a legit camp to properly learn. If she stays where she is, all those flaws will likely persist.

I don’t get that. Dern has better striking than Suarez and would sub her when it hit the ground.

Gadelha and Andrade kill barber and maybe Dern though.
Nah I'd take the high level wrestler with good bjj over the high level jitz girl with no wrestling.

My whole issue with not liking Maycee is that she seems entitled. Supposedly her whole family is moving to Roufus with her. Her parents need to cut the apron strings. The girl is 20. How many other adult fighters move their whole family to another town for training? Says she belongs on big cards after crushing a can. Get real, nobody is paying to see her. If you look at all her previous fights you can see she hasn't fought anybody. Let her beat some top 10 fighters before saying she deserves big cards. I think her family is pumping her head full of crap not telling her to pump the brakes and stay humble until she gets some big wins,

I totally agree with his, I usually get excited with new prospects but her attitude was a turn off for me

Barber showed great star potential Saturday, especially with her electrifying octagon interview. Everyone knows her name now after that performance and interview. Majority of us here can agree that 99% of WMMA sucks, but Barber just might be in that 1% outlier.

Her standing elbows and GnP were nasty. I haven’t been that entertained by a WMMA fight since Nunes/Rousey or Holm/Rousey. She’s got the skills, youth, and charisma. Plus she hangs out in good company. Iron sharpens iron.
3FDE0C0E-C1EE-41C1-9FD5-88881B3E4720.jpeg

Is she the next WMMA star? Discuss

Jon Jones confirmed woman? Damn they ruined him in prison. Look at those painted toes.

P.S I know why they do that before I get some smartass tryna educate me.

I thought it was a star making performance. Vicious ground and pound, bloodied up her opponent, showed charisma, cut a good promo and called out a great opponent in Dern.

Dern/Barber is already main card worthy and will get a lot of buzz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back