Maycee Barber

Gotta admit, this kid looks like an absolute handful, already, for anyone in class.I don't know if I'm crazy about this countdown clock for being youngest champ ever but flip side of coin , it'll have people interested which gives her bargaining power....... cosmetically, she seems to be somewhat cute which also a plus in UFC wmma politics.
Her charisma and age has me interested[ along with the way she throws her hammers].

A fighter like Andrade is most definitely her ceiling, but than again, she's most of the 115er's ceiling. She's the total package, can bang, take a shot, and can wrestle like no other.
But can she fight?

Look at their faceoff, this girl looked scared and about to cry.

Short notice:
However on October 20, it was reported that Stevenson pulled out from the event due to injury and was replaced by promotional newcomer Hannah Cifers.

So a can is based on faceoff reactions now? Definitely a troll post.

Rose was 2 years older with 2 years more experience when she got on TUF. The reason Barber has more fights is because she's fought 4 times this year already. Rose spent a longer time as an amateur while Barber is going as fast as possible.
Rose had 4 ammy fights and was fighting in Invicta at a 20, the UFC wasn't even an option. Im just saying, idk if Macy was off to a "way better start" as you claim. Rose 3rd pro fight was against Tecia Torres ffs, and then she had to wait to film Tuf where none of those wins counted toward her pro record. It just a pointless comparison.

Last edited:
I've seen all of her mma fights, I stand by what I said

No way Suarez pounds Dern out on the ground without getting caught in a sub, and Dern pieces her up with the right hand standing.

Suarez only chance would be to wall n stall in the clinch against the cage for three rounds.

No way Suarez pounds Dern out on the ground without getting caught in a sub, and Dern pieces her up with the right hand standing.

Suarez only chance would be to wall n stall in the clinch against the cage for three rounds.

lol, how the fuck is she supposed to sub her when Tatiana's in side control and her elbows are pounding the fuck out of her face

<{cruzshake}>

Short notice:
However on October 20, it was reported that Stevenson pulled out from the event due to injury and was replaced by promotional newcomer Hannah Cifers.

Poor girl, it doesn't look more shook than that, he looked like she didn't wanted to be there

Short notice:

Jesus, that poor girl was timid. Barber towered over her.

lol, how the fuck is she supposed to sub her when Tatiana's in side control and her elbows are pounding the fuck out of her face

<{cruzshake}>

How does Suarez pass her guard? She gets swept or her back taken or triangle/armbarred.

How does Suarez pass her guard? She gets swept or her back taken or triangle/armbarred.

Right, so why couldnt Dern do that to Yoder, or Roy or Rosas?

And of Dern's four submission wins, in two of them she missed weight, the fourth was at 125lb

How many people has she actually submitted at 115lbs? ONE

Its much easier to submit people when you weigh ten pounds more than they do

Tatiana wont even need to pass her guard, shes an olympic level wrestler. She will pick her up, put her down straight into side control and Dern will be taking elbows to the face before she can say omo plata.

You must be trolling now, because there is no way anybody that has seen Dern's fights and Suarez fights can even think it would be competitive. The only way Dern even has a chance is if she misses weight by 10lb again, and even then she would be a huge outsider

Right, so why couldnt Dern do that to Yoder, or Roy or Rosas?

And of Dern's four submission wins, in two of them she missed weight, the fourth was at 125lb

How many people has she actually submitted at 115lbs? ONE

Its much easier to submit people when you weigh ten pounds more than they do

Tatiana wont even need to pass her guard, shes an olympic level wrestler. She will pick her up, put her down straight into side control and Dern will be taking elbows to the face before she can say omo plata.

You must be trolling now, because there is no way anybody that has seen Dern's fights and Suarez fights can even think it would be competitive. The only way Dern even has a chance is if she misses weight by 10lb again, and even then she would be a huge outsider

Wow this whole post is full of bs. Luckily I’m bored so I’ll answer.

1. Yoder has never been finished and is a legit brown belt in Bjj. It was also Derns ufc debut, octagon jitters are a real thing, and she still won. Also could have had a bad weight cut.

2. Against Roy she wanted to show off her striking, which she did by beating the kickboxer in the standup. Pretty straightforward.

3. Rosas is highly flexible, she survived an absolute ass whooping from Dern. Mad props to her for not getting her shit broken off. Also Derns mma debut, so nerves were definitely a factor.

4. Complete speculation on your part Suarez would be able to take her down right into side control, but if she did she’d give up her back pretty fast. Dern is known for having a lethal and offensive guard in bjj and in mma.

5. The weight cut to 115 would be a bigger problem for Dern than a wrestler with zero striking.

6. Stick to what you know, which is Jon Jones testosterone count.

Rose had 4 ammy fights and was fighting in Invicta at a 20, the UFC wasn't even an option. Im just saying, idk if Macy was off to a "way better start" as you claim. Rose 3rd pro fight was against Tecia Torres ffs, and then she had to wait to film Tuf where none of those wins counted toward her pro record. It just a pointless comparison.

So you're not counting the 4 years Rose spent training mma before TUF as part of her experience? Got it. Lol Rose was still in the ammies 2 years in, Barber is in the UFC. Yes, I said way better start.

what is a "testosterone count"?

Seems you know as much about medicine as you do about MMA

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Lmao bro you know more about Jon Jones’ testosterone than his fiancé does.

Sweet, Marber is on Sherdog radar.

This girl has charisma, talent, is better than everage looking, white, and probably not the best female ever, this combination will quickly make her hated.

So you're not counting the 4 years Rose spent training mma before TUF as part of her experience? Got it. Lol Rose was still in the ammies 2 years in, Barber is in the UFC. Yes, I said way better start.
Lol im just saying it's a completely different start and ill leave it at that.

I made a lot of money betting on Barber to not only win against Cifers, but do so inside the distance.

She is absolutely enormous for 115 pounds (her first amateur fight was at 135 pounds), and she has some definite skills.

On the flip side, she also has a fair number of flaws (watch her fight against Mallory Martin) that are very exploitable. At just 20 years old, can she fix her flaws, improve in all aspects, and became a dominant champion at either 115 or 125? Yeah, absolutely.

On the flip side, can she become too arrogant and self-satisfied, leading to avoidable losses over the next 5 years, and then be surpasssed in about 8 years by a new generation of female fighters? Sure.

So I'm adopting a wait and see approach here. While Barber made me money, I might well be betting against her in the future, too.

I will only say that I think Barber has a much higher ceiling than Dern does, and is probably already the superior fighter.

At least her name's spelled right in subject line.

I still believe she needs to develop a trademark sexy victory dance like NFL touchdown scorers do.

Back