Mayberry Weight Cutting Crew Official Thread (summer cutters gtfih)

looking to cut down from a constant 168-172 lbs to 155-160 by July 4th.

Started carb cycling last week and went down from 174.4 to 168.8 this morning. Thinking of just keeping on cycling my carbs until i hit my target weight. I don't want to lose much of my muscle though. Any recommendations?

It's been pretty rough, but I knew it had to be done so I could dominate tonight! Been drinking a lot of water today too.

I'm too big of a guy to cut that severely. If I'm on a huge caloric deficit it impacts my mood horribly. Like depression, hate life, srs.

BTW carb cycling schedule:

Mon/Tues: Low (30-40g)
Wed: High
Thursday: Low
Friday: Moderate (50g-70g)
Sat: Low
Sunday: High

BTW carb cycling schedule:

Mon/Tues: Low (30-40g)
Wed: High
Thursday: Low
Friday: Moderate (50g-70g)
Sat: Low
Sunday: High
How long you been carb cycling? I have been thinking of jumping on that Keto train here soon

@Der Eisbar

Here's a photo of me last week. I'm around 210 lbs right now and my height's 5'11".

ItoFjX2.jpg

looking to cut down from a constant 168-172 lbs to 155-160 by July 4th.

Started carb cycling last week and went down from 174.4 to 168.8 this morning. Thinking of just keeping on cycling my carbs until i hit my target weight. I don't want to lose much of my muscle though. Any recommendations?

Eliminate sugar, eat healthy fats and lots of veggies. Keep your baseline activity levels up every day. Drink lots of water.

How long you been carb cycling? I have been thinking of jumping on that Keto train here soon

Since last monday (5/8)

First week was torture, but my body is starting to maintain some energy on the low carb days. I highly recommend it. The one thing i highly suggest is that you prep all of your meals for the lower carb days. Such much temptation to eat carbs lol

Eliminate sugar, eat healthy fats and lots of veggies. Keep your baseline activity levels up every day. Drink lots of water.

Right on!

For all the muscle i gained since i was in a "bulk", would that get some how lost in the carb cycle/increased cardio? people have been telling me to keep my cardio sessions shorter/more intense to keep dem gainz whilst losing fat

Right on!

For all the muscle i gained since i was in a "bulk", would that get some how lost in the carb cycle/increased cardio? people have been telling me to keep my cardio sessions shorter/more intense to keep dem gainz whilst losing fat
and I've heard just the opposite! Long low intensity cardio so your heart rate doesn't get dominantly high and starts using more than just your glucose and fat for energy. If you get your heart rate up too high, your muscle will start burning away my like dreams.. (right?)

Right on!

No, you won't lose muscle. Muscle is very hard to actually lose. The things is that a lot of water is stored in muscle tissue. So when guys start cutting and/or eliminating carbs (carbs store water) they think they're losing muscle. They're not, they're just losing water in the muscle tissue and "deflating" but all your muscle is still there.

and I've heard just the opposite! Long low intensity cardio so your heart rate doesn't get dominantly high and starts using more than just your glucose and fat for energy. If you get your heart rate up too high, your muscle will start burning away my like dreams.. (right?)

Hmmm.. only one way to find out lol I'm probably going to just continue to do LISS treadmill work after i get off and maybe just throw in some HIIT treadmill after my heavy training days?

Hmmm.. only one way to find out lol I'm probably going to just continue to do LISS treadmill work after i get off and maybe just throw in some HIIT treadmill after my heavy training days?
Sounds like a solid plan!! I plan on getting on that stair master time after every gym sesh

No, you won't lose muscle. Muscle is very hard to actually lose. The things is that a lot of water is stored in muscle tissue. So when guys start cutting and/or eliminating carbs (carbs store water) they think they're losing muscle. They're not, they're just losing water in the muscle tissue and "deflating" but all your muscle is still there.

NIIIIICE!!

BvsKJXGzqfNPq.webp

Back