Maybe fighters should try this....

I think fighters should start the fight with a knee down so they can't get kicked in the head.

1. Most ufc fighters aren't smart or even reasonable
2. They'll scrape for every advantage possible

1. Most ufc fighters aren't smart or even reasonable
2. They'll scrape for every advantage possible
The point I'm trying to make that I guess is being lost is that more fighters should try to go up just once if they never have to determine if the harder weight cuts are even really an advantage. You got guys like DC and Sage talking about how much fresher they feel fighting up and they aren't the only ones who have stated this. There have been quite a few guys who have moved up and seen success.

Ask themselves realistically how hard their current weight cut situation is for them on a scale of 1-5. Then if you put yourself at a 4 or 5 try moving up for one fight to see how it feels. Take whatever type of fight you would be comfortable taking like a tune up fight with a lower tier guy, a ranked guy (if you have the name to do so), or maybe even another fighter trying his hand at a higher weight class. If camps could get together and shop the idea out and convince enough fighters to do so in an organized way it could potentially help some of these weight cut issues. Idk it was just a random thought I had. I coulda gone into more detail but I didn't want it to be too long of a read. Tell me your thoughts.
Man, I am sorry for what you are about to go through. But stay strong! We have all been there.

What makes you think these guys would be telling the truth. I can just picture Johnny Hendricks (hes retired,r ip )saying his weight cut is going great and everything is in order.

On a scale of 1-5 where would you put yourself for having just lost brain cells.

Lol, gotta love Sherdog. The guy makes a perfectly reasonable post about something that is quite plausible and possibly even an intelligent thing to attempt for guy's killing themselves to cut insane amounts of weight that they pull off by the skin of there teeth and gets mocked and accused of being stupid. Always entertaining though at least, albeit sadly predictable.

UFC should be more aggressive forcing fighters with weight issues to fight at higher weight classes.

Man, I am sorry for what you are about to go through. But stay strong! We have all been there.
Don't worry about me, I've been married almost my entire adult life (I'm 39 now) according to my 2 wives I've been the dumbest man alive for years.

What makes you think these guys would be telling the truth. I can just picture Johnny Hendricks (hes retired,r ip )saying his weight cut is going great and everything is in order.
Then it's completely up to him. Maybe another fighter tries it and realizes it works for them and although they might not be as big in a higher weight class, the advantages of not feeling so drained and the extra training they can get in because the aren't so worried about an extreme cut during their camp is beneficial to them personally.

Back