May13 UFC 211: tough fight against Masvidal ; Medical suspension until May 23 ; UFC 214 on July 29?

supporting Maia, he is such a great ambassador for the sport
however 3 months training camps and 4 months gaps between fights for proper preparation is quite a myth

boo fucking hoo

he can always decline the fight and go back to crying about not getting a title fight.

I know it's not ideal, but I do like the quick turnaround for this TS.
AS LONG AS HE's healthy, Demian will already be near top shape, so the conditioning hill won't be as large as it could be after, say an 8 month layoff.

For another contender match, I wouldn't necessarily feel this way, but I am sure that as soon as Woodley got the belt, Maia's camp would have been devising a plan of attack. If not formally, at the very least those game planning ideas will have been purcolating.

It's not as though Demian is going to be learning new techniques for this fight, he is a complete fighter, and it's going to come down to implementing a solid plan and dealing with Tyrun's speed and power advantage IMO and whether he has 4 weeks or 4 months to prepare that equation doesn't change; no amount of prep is going to make this an easy fight,

He's more than earned a title shot, and even if it's not happening exactly the way they might want, I do believe that Demian's got an excellent chance to come out victorious..

Actually we did two training camps in a row, cause we did one for woodley-wonderboy in case someone got hurt. When we were about to finish it with a gym fight, we had to have the Masvidal fight booked to earn a title shot. So we cooled down for a week and started a new training camp, this time for Masvidal.
Two days or so after the Masvidal fight we got asked if we could take the Woodley fight on July 8th, and we explained we needed time to rest after two training camps and wanted time to prepare properly for such an important fight after it. It was understood, and we were asked what was the earliest we could fight.

So we explained earliest would be Late August, but September onwars would be better and more proper, as we also had a bunch of signed comitments for right after the masvidal fight, including shooting a documentary for a ufc partner and seminars.
Time went by and we got asked about August 19th, which we agreed. Show got cancelled and July 29th was the only option we were given. it was that or risk not having a TS, as GSP is waiting and we were explained the WW title fight had to hapoen on this date. so here we are.

Obrigado amigo. Thanks my friend.

I would obviously have liked to have time to run a full camp, and told them that. In 27 UFC fights (had to pull out once against Pyle due to illness), this will be Demian's shortest time to prepare ever.
Like I said, life is not always how we want and circumstances change for reasons we can't control. With that said, we will do the best with the four weeks of training camp we have. We will see what happens.
The positive is that, in a shorter camp you have more focus and trim the excess. Easier to remain motivated and focused. Thats the only positive I can think of in comparison with a full camp. Lol

First off...it's awesome that you are posting for the unwashed masses here. I hope Demian can pull this off and hope he is completely healthy when 7/29 comes around...would make for an amazing underdog story.

Best of luck to you guys in the training camp and upcoming fight!

Obrigado amigo. Thanks my friend.

I would obviously have liked to have time to run a full camp, and told them that. In 27 UFC fights (had to pull out once against Pyle due to illness), this will be Demian's shortest time to prepare ever.
Like I said, life is not always how we want and circumstances change for reasons we can't control. With that said, we will do the best with the four weeks of training camp we have. We will see what happens.
The positive is that, in a shorter camp you have more focus and trim the excess. Easier to remain motivated and focused. Thats the only positive I can think of in comparison with a full camp. Lol
Maia will get it done. I fully believe he has what it takes, mentally, skill wise, experience wise and physically. We will get it done and take gold. Obrigado!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back