1. Season 6 of the International Shoop League is now active! Click here to vote on your favorite shoop submissions!

May vs Mac compared to Hamed vs Robinson

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by DanMMAleague, Nov 13, 2018.

1. DanMMAleague

DanMMAleague Purple Belt

To some people on here May vs Mac is a normal boxing match.

As if that’s what happens when you put two men in a ring together. Both are bound to land punches.

Yet personally I have to say I was expecting a humiliating loss with McGregor not being able to land a punch on Mayweather, similar to how MMA fans might remember Griffin vs Silva.

To put how well McGregor did into perspective it’s worth comparing his performance against Mayweather to Robinson’s performance against Hamed.

Robinson is not only an actual pro boxer but a world champion with 7 defences.

By the first round Hamed is dropping his hands to his waist and jutting his chin out. By the second he abandons any kind of fighting stance, drops his hands to his waist and stands completely square on in punching range. In the third round Robinson doesn’t land one punch.

Compared to Mayweather who simply waited for McGregor to get tired.

It was a great performance by McGregor and a pathetic one from Floyd.

SOAzmayesh likes this.
  2. SuperNerd

SuperNerd Season Mode.

Exaggerating in the other direction is not going to settle any other either.

Also here is the antidote for anyone who watched the video

3. 20falarVerdades

20falarVerdades Red Belt

Floyd carried Conor for a bit and then finished him with 17 unanswered punches

jm0b, Alxair, zapataxiv and 2 others like this.
  4. xMsBarnez

xMsBarnez White Belt

LOL saltyness.

5. DanMMAleague

DanMMAleague Purple Belt

Salty at what exactly?

I’ve stated what I believe are facts.

6. chuckleknuckle

chuckleknuckle Non binary - racially neutral - anarcho fascinista

Nas trained for the Robinson fight. He viewed it as a professional bout against a dangerous opponent so trained hard and that translated to dominance in the ring.

Floyd looked at Conor as zero threat, so didn't train, and bummed around sparring with him in the ring.

Everyone knows that, including you, and if you don't, don't ever comment on fighting sports ever again.

7. Congo66

Congo66 Black Belt

You're a fucking idiot.

Conor was shown to be the novice boxer he is against a 40 year old retired boxer who hadn't stopped anyone since 2011.

If Conor had fought that version of Naz even with a massive size/weight advantage he'd have looked much worse than Robinson and got knocked out in a couple of rounds.

Jonny Ninja and Minowafanatic like this.
  8. Minowafanatic

Minowafanatic Black Belt

Mayweather carried him.

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  9. sabretitan

sabretitan Black Belt

Floyd literally ruined conors career as far as being successful in combat sports. Conor has balls on him. But fuck mayweather bounced his head around like a pinball machine.

buddahead and zapataxiv like this.
  10. TrevorLahey

TrevorLahey Purple Belt

My favourite moment in boxing history, Marco Barrera beat the fuck out of that cocky prick, just like when Khabib beat the fuck out of Mcgregor. Moral of the story is don't disrespect your opponent, it will eventually catch up to you.

cocksure, Jonny Ninja and SuperNerd like this.
  11. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Brown Belt

It was an embarressing performance from mcgregor. An elite level athlete blowing out of his arse within 12 minutes is fck all to be proud of. Conor was fighting a middle aged fighter far smaller than himself. He has also been boxing for most of his life. Floyd didn’t take him in any way seriously and still clobber stopped him. He has zero respect for him as a fighter or his power

12. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

What you left out is how out of character Floyd fought against McGregor. McGregor is pretty much the only guy I ever saw Floyd fight and show no respect whatsoever. He sort of clowned him, really.

13. borntoloseNOT

borntoloseNOT Purple Belt

Floyd almost conned the world into a 2nd 100 million dollar payday because morons wanted a rematch. Why on earth would a guy who didnt have to train for a fight that was as good as predetermined blow a shot at that? Easy money. He should have tried for a trilogy.

Oh, and like Seano pointed out, it was like the best comedy for boxing fans who know the sport. The fight says it all. Floyd fought like .00001 % himself, and walked Conor down like it was child's play when he was done laughing off Conor's pillow punches. Meanwhile memes circulating social media describing how Conor landed more than any opponent and how he earned "respect" in a loss, and I'm seeing my old college wrestling teammates who were heavily picking Conor to win online and then posting excuses for him after the fight and I couldn't stop cracking up for weeks. Floyd punked Conor and dipshit naysayers of boxing in one night and we got to sit back and laugh.

Jonny Ninja and tehmvp like this.
  14. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Brown Belt

I invited a couple of mates over as long as they bought the fight, just so I could laugh at the money they lost on it. I did tell them many times that this was a huge mismatch, and legalised daylight robbery, but they kept banging on about 'that left hand'! Fckin muppetts

15. Philtard

Philtard Black Belt

Everything vonor won he won because Floyd let him. Floyd, the best most defensive boxer literally walked him down for a finish.

If that was canelo, conor would be mcdead in 3 rounds.

16. GolovkinGOAT

GolovkinGOAT Yellow Card Yellow Card

I always thought Hamed was a hype job. A poor version of Calzaghe. Only the real deal Calzaghe could drop his hands and not get tagged with follow up combos from others looking all uncoordinated like Nas vs Barrera. The fact that Eubank Sr. summed up Hamed and put him in his place that he had stole his whole act was ATG ownage. Didn’t Eubank Sr. even personally wish Hamed luck at his suite the night before Barrera...

17. jm0b

jm0b Puncher of Holes

I don't wanna shit on anyone stepping into the ring with a world pro as their first professional outing, but to say Conor did well is wishful thinking at best.

18. aries

aries Silver Belt

Meh Calzaghe and Nas weren't that similar. Calzaghe did get hit but he had an iron chin. Plus Calzaghe didn't have that much power after he hurt his hands which was early in his career. Nas carried tremendous power in both hands even though he hurt them too. He just carried on hitting really hard whilst Calzaghe changed to a more high volume approach with his characteristics slapping style. Calzaghe relied on volume and speed where as Nas was a pot shotter. Very different styles. Their defense was different too. Calzaghe was much more orthodox in his defence and used good distance control. Nas relied much more on big upper body movement and was almost exclusively reliant on his reflexes. They were very different in lots of ways.

19. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

When you see the crossover reversed the boxer is usually finished pretty quickly. Floyd didnt carry shit, he followed his gameplan and made for an interesting bout. Dogging an MMA guy for going ten rds with a guy who clowned Canelo is hating imo.