May 12th - Lomachenko vs. Linares, MSG NYC. ESPN 8 EST/5PST

Linares is one of those guys that just seems like he should be better than he is. He seems to have the whole package but something is missing.

He's one of the most talented fighters in the sport P4P. But you're right, he just can't seem to put it together consistently. He has fights that are way harder than they should be for a fighter of his caliber. Maybe he gets lazy, I don't know but he does have some quit in him.

You don't outbox Lomachenko, you rough him up and frustrate him making it a dogfight. Linares is very good but his speed and footwork can't keep up.

That being said it's certainly a tough first fight at 135. Loma by 116-112ish JD or late stoppage.

C715cVRXwAE5Isz.jpg

I'd be pussy whipped too. Nice.

{<tongue}{<tongue}<14>{<tongue}
well god damn.

Linares deteriorates in a fight on his own enough as it is, the opponent barely has to do anything, and by round 5 he looks half as sharp, uncoordinated, forgot his gameplan, and might get upset by a no hoper. Against Loma, that's going to be the end. He'll look okay for a round or two, but I just don't think he has the mental fortitude to be effective in a fight where he'll literally have to be 100% on point for 12 rounds.

Is there a better choice besides Mikey Garcia atm?

No, there isn't. I think he's being sarcastic. Garcia is the best option for Loma. Linares is the clear #2 in the division and Mikey just fought and is talking about staying at 140 and taking fights at 147.

Mikey Garcia and Danny Garcia must be related because they both have ducks somewhere in their bloodline.

No, there isn't. I think he's being sarcastic. Garcia is the best option for Loma. Linares is the clear #2 in the division and Mikey just fought and is talking about staying at 140 and taking fights at 147.
Mickey is currently busy training for a fight against Anthony Joshua, so he says.

Back