Max vs Ortega fight of the year?

like others said, fun fight but way too one sided to be fight of the year. Pettis ferg was back and forth so that gets my vote but admittingly ive missed way more fights then ive watched this year so im not the best person to give a vote.

Decent fight. But i have it behind Pettis/Ferguson and Zombie/Yair, they were more competitive.

Whittaker/Romero 2 was far more back and forth.

Too one sided
I bet Max and was still worried about Ortega's power shots through most of the fight. Max landed 3 to 1 but Max still got rocked 2 times. Pure output it wasn't close but, felt like Ortega could still end the fight up until mid 4th.

Whittaker vs Romero 2 gets my vote that shit was fucking insane, back and forth fight with bombs landing on both sides.

Who knows though, I think we might have a late winner when all is said and done when Jones and Gus fight it out for the second time.

i partially agree, it clearly isn't fight of the year when it was an ass whooping but Tony-Pettis cant be in the discussion because pettis quit like the bitch that he is.

And Steroid City didn't quit? I know the doctor stopped it, but go take a look at the Blaydes-Ngannou I doctor stoppage. Curtis was blindly trying to feel how many fingers the doc was holding up ffs, desperately trying to make the fight continue.

Turinobol (sp?) City put up exactly 0 protest (I know Rener did, but that's beside the point).

I'm only being so hard on Testosterone City because I think it's unfair to say that Pettis's bitchiness excludes his fight from consideration for FOTY, while saying Ortega should be considered for that honour when he was happy to take the easy way out too.

i partially agree, it clearly isn't fight of the year when it was an ass whooping but Tony-Pettis cant be in the discussion because pettis quit like the bitch that he is.
Pettis and Conor fight to get paid, Max and Khabib get paid to fight. That's the beautiful thing about fighting. You get to see the truth in there. No place to hide. Easy to talk like a tough guy but the real tough guys don't beg for mercy or quit. Ortega is a real fighter as well. The dude kept coming like a zombie.

Think it should be more back and forth. Entertaining no doubt, but it was very clear that it was mostly an inevitable end as time went on, more than it was a hotly contested bout. That being said. It was highly impressive in regards to max to just being able to outclass and outwork a guy like ortega that soundly.

It is a late entry for 2018 but worthy of consideration.

Which fights this year were better than what we just saw last night? Pettis vs Ferguson was great but Max vs Ortega was better IMO.

I would say no, because it was completely one sided. A great fight has a bit more back and forth. This was just one dude lighting up another dude for four rounds.

And Steroid City didn't quit? I know the doctor stopped it, but go take a look at the Blaydes-Ngannou I doctor stoppage. Curtis was blindly trying to feel how many fingers the doc was holding up ffs, desperately trying to make the fight continue.

Turinobol (sp?) City put up exactly 0 protest (I know Rener did, but that's beside the point).

I'm only being so hard on Testosterone City because I think it's unfair to say that Pettis's bitchiness excludes his fight from consideration for FOTY, while saying Ortega should be considered for that honour when he was happy to take the easy way out too.
You dont have to convince me that ortega quit. His corner clearly said HE wants the doctor.

Romero vs Whittaker 2 is still the clear #1 for me

You dont have to convince me that ortega quit. His corner clearly said HE wants the doctor.
wait, what?

i dont think this is right. are u referring to the part where we were in the corner? but we have no clue who, what, where, why, when things were said prior to that moment

I think the first fight of the night told an incredible story. Rakic vs one of Jones' boys. Yeah I thought that could've been FOTN... Fight Pass fights are always underappreciated.

I was going to buy the ppv when I got home but Google spoilers told me Max put a beating on Ortega, whom I was rooting for. Didnt see the fight but it seems it was a onesided beating

wait, what?

i dont think this is right. are u referring to the part where we were in the corner? but we have no clue who, what, where, why, when things were said prior to that moment
What is this we shit...

It wasnt even the best fight of the night, so Im not sure how it can be the best fight of the year

Im in no particular rush to see it again, but Ive watched Manuwa v Thiago Santos three times today

I feel that was a better fight at the time because we thought Ortega could catch him or all the pre fight stuff with max could come through but rewatching it’s pretty one sided. Funny enough Ortega’s numbers alone in that fight are pretty good but Max is on another level

Back