Max only has to make <161.0

khabib missing weight would just be the cherry on top of this big shit sundae.

maybe it´s in the contract

in the vitor vs rumble fight for example, they agreed for rumble not to enter the cage at 200+ lbs since rumble did not make weight

also, max has natural low bodyfat and is always fit. he´ll make 155 without suffering that much
it was 205 and Rumble was 204.3

True but I guarantee Max wants that title and will do anything to get to 155

Max makes 145 after months of dieting down and then cutting water weight at the end. He hasn't been training and hasn't been in a camp, a cut to 155 is going to be tough for him.
I doubt he is walking around much more than 170. He’s always in pretty good shape. 15 lbs of water weight in a week isn’t fun, but it’s completely doable.

The ability to finally fight for the title means so much to khabib - i have no doubt he and dana chatted about this. If Khabib makes weight (155.0 or less) and max is < 161.0lb, khabib is eligible.

if Max doesn't make 155 he doesn't win the title

Don't think he cares tbh. If he wins no one is going to care that he didn't make weight on 6 days notice, he'll have beaten fucking Khabib on 6 days notice. And if he wins Khabib won't be champ, Conor will. So he can get that red panty night and a chance to become two weight champ in his next fight

Even though fight is for 155 title:

Both must make < 161.0 for fight to occur
As long as fight takes place, the title is not dependant on both makign 155 weight. Whoever does, is eligible to win the title, who ever doesnt make 155 is not eligible.

So dont sweat to much on max's weight, max probably isnt either.

I think for max, a better chance at winning the fight only (but not belt) by avoiding a draining weight cut is better for him than draining himself to become eligible but then being more likely to lose

source: Khabib himself, on mma hour

Your whole post could of been summed up with the following:

The fight will be on provided both parties come in under 161. Whoever makes 155 is eligible for the title.
Max shouldn't cut weight, but instead try to have an advantage by purposefully missing weight.

You wrote it in the most confusing way possible....

In response to this:
That is stupid. Max is the lighter fighter and should be able to make 155 pretty easily. He would be stupid to take the fight and miss weight on purpose.
Khabib struggles to make 155 and usually weighs in just over. This fight he will have to make it on the dot.

Max should avoid the takedowns and try and bust up Khabib over 5 rounds. Max should have less of a weightcut and hopefully preparing for Edgar last month has him covered for the wrestling.

It all comes down to Max avoiding the clinch and ground and hopefully forcing Khabib into a desperate striking situation. That way Max can overwhelm him with volume and score a TKO or decision.

I think Khabib has this due to the size advantage though.

Don't think he cares tbh. If he wins no one is going to care that he didn't make weight on 6 days notice, he'll have beaten fucking Khabib on 6 days notice. And if he wins Khabib won't be champ, Conor will. So he can get that red panty night and a chance to become two weight champ in his next fight

I think he'll still make weight though since he's a 145er and this is a golden opportunity and if he doesn't make weight then a percentage of his purse will go directly to Khabib if i'm not mistaken 30% which is going to be a huge sum with the ppv buys and championship fight purse

Your whole post could of been summed up with the following:

The fight will be on provided both parties come in under 161. Whoever makes 155 is eligible for the title.
Max shouldn't cut weight, but instead try to have an advantage by purposefully missing weight.

You wrote it in the most confusing way possible....

In response to this:
That is stupid. Max is the lighter fighter and should be able to make 155 pretty easily. He would be stupid to take the fight and miss weight on purpose.
Khabib struggles to make 155 and usually weighs in just over. This fight he will have to make it on the dot.

Max should avoid the takedowns and try and bust up Khabib over 5 rounds. Max should have less of a weightcut and hopefully preparing for Edgar last month has him covered for the wrestling.

It all comes down to Max avoiding the clinch and ground and hopefully forcing Khabib into a desperate striking situation. That way Max can overwhelm him with volume and score a TKO or decision.

I think Khabib has this due to the size advantage though.
Yes i have always struggled with being concise. you stated it excellently.

Does anyone know what Holloway walks around at?. He looks quite slim to me, doesn't really have any body fat and doesn't have much muscle either, he is very lean. I don't think he is too heavy. I'd be surprised if he was over 165 Ibs

How big is Max? I thought Stephens was the biggest featherweight.

155 on short notice shouldn't be any harder than 145. Max is tall for the featherweight division, but not very muscular or thick.

Lightweight ends at 155. Don't know where he gets off thinking Max has to only make 161 pounds.
He said for the fight to take place if Max comes in heavy. Any fighter, trainer, etc.. knows that is the weight allowance for most Athletic Commisions to approve a fight to still take place if one fighter doesn't make contracted weight. For LW, 161 is the limit for the fight to take place if Max comes in over.. title would be off for Max, but Khabib can still win the title if he makes 155 and the fight happens.

Does anyone know what Holloway walks around at?. He looks quite slim to me, doesn't really have any body fat and doesn't have much muscle either, he is very lean. I don't think he is too heavy. I'd be surprised if he was over 165 Ibs
182-184lbs out of camp..

OP looks like something I'd type while high, on the toilet from my tablet. Very hard to understand.

Thanks @maximus__ for clearing it up for me

Last edited:
You get an F for blatant plagarism
wtf?

who said it first? that's weird as fuck i didn't even see that post anywhere.

edit: just checked, mine was first, so that dork legit saw my post and said the same thing in another thread? lmao.

Back