Max only has to make <161.0

gb@Trumpski

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Even though fight is for 155 title:

Both must make < 161.0 for fight to occur
As long as fight takes place, the title is not dependant on both makign 155 weight. Whoever does, is eligible to win the title, who ever doesnt make 155 is not eligible.

So dont sweat to much on max's weight, max probably isnt either.

I think for max, a better chance at winning the fight only (but not belt) by avoiding a draining weight cut is better for him than draining himself to become eligible but then being more likely to lose

source: Khabib himself, on mma hour

I dont think Khabib has that kind of sway with the athletic commissions

if they dont make 155 they aint fighting for a title

Lightweight ends at 155. Don't know where he gets off thinking Max has to only make 161 pounds.

I think your math is a little off.

Did you miss UFC 221? The reason Romero isn't the interim MW champ now is because he didn't make weight. If Rockhold won he was going to be champ. If Khabib gets to 155 and wins Saturday he's champ.

Did you miss UFC 221? The reason Romero isn't the interim MW champ now is because he didn't make weight. If Rockhold won he was going to be champ. If Khabib gets to 155 and wins Saturday he's champ.
cant you read..... I said "if they dont make 155 they aint fighting for a title"

that covers that scenario happening

As long as Khabib hits 155 he can win the title.

The fight won't be canceled as long as Max doesn't pass 161.

Thats what he means I think

Unless khabib has it wrong, that is what he understands new yorkl commision rules are

i think he must know because he likely discussed this with dana

Unless khabib has it wrong, that is what he understands new yorkl commision rules are

i think he must know because he likely discussed this with dana
he is mistaken..... or you misheard

As long as Khabib hits 155 he can win the title.

The fight won't be canceled as long as Max doesn't pass 161.

Thats what he means I think
this is what I think he said

Holloway normally fights at 145.... I don’t think making 155 is that tough lol

Yes it does, it states whichever makes 155 will be eligible for the title. This isn't complicated
mustve been edited or Im too high atm

but you are right, it does now...... apologies

Max should 100% refuse to fight if Khabib is 160lbs, I think Max will have no issues making weight, Khabib shouldn't since it is his weight class and he has had months to prepare but he has missed weight before.

Holloway normally fights at 145.... I don’t think making 155 is that tough lol

Max makes 145 after months of dieting down and then cutting water weight at the end. He hasn't been training and hasn't been in a camp, a cut to 155 is going to be tough for him.

Lightweight ends at 155. Don't know where he gets off thinking Max has to only make 161 pounds.
maybe it´s in the contract

in the vitor vs rumble fight for example, they agreed for rumble not to enter the cage at 200+ lbs since rumble did not make weight

also, max has natural low bodyfat and is always fit. he´ll make 155 without suffering that much

Back