Max Kellerman say USADA is corrupt:

I couldn’t make it through the Frank Mor talk, that seemed to be going nowhere.

Max Kellerman had some good points though.
It's corrupt but not for the reasons they stated. I very strongly believe they are turning a blind eye to what goes on now at this new Performance (enhancing) Center, and UFC is using it as a lab to build fighters using steroids. Ngannou was their prototype, I think they give guys like him an exemption while they juice up and train there a while, come out a monster and crush everyone. It's in everyone's financial interest, thus it's probably happening.
The UFC isn’t going to institutionalize roiding, GTFO. If that was revealed - and it would be hard to hide - it would likely destroy the company.

This is some true conspiritard shit.

Every company is corrupt and everybody is on PEDS muthaphucka

01044E82-35E1-41F4-B723-0844BE7EC91D.gif

jClMs4D.jpg

They selectively caught Anderson, Jones, and Lesnar? Their biggest stars who they have spent millions and millions of dollars promoting? Shelving them for years? Obliterating their legacies? All so Conor can take PEDs?

That makes zero sense.

USADA is doing a bang up job weeding out the cheaters. Keep up the good work boys!
I agree what the previous poster said makes no sense, but that video of Kelleman quoting the article was pretty damning. I'm pretty sure it was only related to boxing though. Sounds like they're more or less on the up and up with the UFC. But with boxing's format,(the fighter paying for their services) it sounds like they can be bought.

Didn't Frank Mir magically put on like, 20-30 pounds of muscle in a couple months after his loss to Lesnar?

Yeah. I don't take much Mir has to say seriously. He's a decent analyst, but he's got his head deep up his ass on plenty of other topics.

He has a fair point about Lesnar but i lost it when he defended Chad Mendes and his bullshit cream excuse.

1.gif
I can't believe I bought chad's bullshit excuse. I recently herniated a disc and was out of work for a year and half and at the point where I was willing to try anything to heal my back. I was going to use the insurance settlement to fly to puerto Vallarta Mexico to get a prescription for HGH and get a 3-4 month supply. In the end I decided against it because it was 5 grand for starters. Plus I couldn't find anything other than bro science that it could heal discs and eventually my back started to improve on its own. But along the way I learned all about GHRH's. (Growth hormone releasing hormones) Chad was straight up cheating because there's no way for GHRP-6 to help with eczema and furthermore I've never heard of it being in a cream. It's an injectable. It just makes no sense. It's a PED through and through.

I agree what the previous poster said makes no sense, but that video of Kelleman quoting the article was pretty damning. I'm pretty sure it was only related to boxing though. Sounds like they're more or less on the up and up with the UFC. But with boxing's format,(the fighter paying for their services) it sounds like they can be bought.

I don't doubt that USADA is corruptible to an extent... We've seen how fighters have received exemptions, and how test results have been delayed, but if it was really as shady as many think we would have never heard about those high profile busts at all. They would have just been swept under the rug entirely.

Andy, Jones and Lesnar were good litmus tests. If anyone was going to be given a pass for cheating it would have been those guys.

TBH most of this USADA conspiracy stuff comes off as sour grapes... both from fighters like Mir and fanboys alike.

Frank Mir would never tell a lie.

And RT (formerly known as Russia Today) would never post fake news, they're about as reputable and independent as Fox.

It's clutching at straws to claim that USADA are corrupt, even if every test was clean for a year they'd still be needed it's a moronic argument to claim more positives are required for them to make money. It's not like they need to fake positives, there are more than enough cheats about that they'll never need to.

It's the same as claiming the police give speeding tickets to make money. Yeah they can make money from speeding tickets but everyone they catch was speeding because everyone does it. Or that speed cameras are there to make money and nothing to do with road safety, maybe that's true, maybe it isn't but the people they catch were speeding.

The money that sporting organisations spend on using drug testing agencies to market a clean sport could be used to hire doctors for proper administration.

Testing agencies don't stop drug cheats. The training demands are too high. The money on offer is too high. All they do is create another obstacle for athletes to jump through.

Plus it's bullshit for the kids growing up who think sports are this utopian existence of athletes trying to better themselves, then they reach the pro's and realise everyone's doping and if they want to make use of the skill they've trained their whole life using, they'd better start doping too.

I do not believe fighters like Jones, Anderson or Lesnar would have been caught if USADA was corrupt. And just in general it costs UFC a lot of revenue by frequently busting violators.

I don't doubt that USADA is corruptible to an extent... We've seen how fighters have received exemptions, and how test results have been delayed, but if it was really as shady as many think we would have never heard about those high profile busts at all. They would have just been swept under the rug entirely.

Andy, Jones and Lesnar were good litmus tests. If anyone was going to be given a pass for cheating it would have been those guys.

TBH most of this USADA conspiracy stuff comes off as sour grapes... both from fighters like Mir and fanboys alike.
I didn't even watch the Mir Video because I've heard him talk out of his ass on the subject before. I was takling about boxing. The picture kellerman painted from the article he was quoting was that Floyd was a cheater and basically bought his passing results from USADA.

USADA is "legit" in that they're the officially WADA recognized organization in the US, but boxing still uses VADA.
VADA still has a sterling rep, where as in boxing USADA has a more than fishey reputation. Which is why in the boxing community if a fighter is not registered in the VADA 24/7 Clean Boxing Program they are looked at like they're hiding something. Mayweather is one of the last big name boxers to insist on USADA for what can only be speculated because of their practices. I mean shit, USADA actually caught Floyd red handed with the IV in his arm leading up to the Pacquiao fight and gave him a exemption. USADA is considered a joke and corrupt to the boxing community be it the clean athletes, HBO, or it's press.

When it comes down to it, you can find traces amounts of anything in everything. Sucks for the people who involuntarily ingest or apply something to them that becomes detectable through some microscopic amount.

The Nick Diaz situation from the Silva fight might actually be a good example of this.

Remember his samples were negative, then positive, contaminated, etc, there was a whole story to it. USADA had a huge hardo-on for Diaz as evidenced by the sentence they threw at him (and berating him in session).

Diaz pushes back, his lawyer brings up that the original sample was clean and all of a sudden they are backtracking, reducing his sentence and fine significantly.

It was very fishy, to the point that they backed off rather than get into court with Diaz and his attorney.

I don't know if this is an example of corruption or just incompetency on their part but he is an easy target. He failed for weed twice prior and is a well known fighter.

Something to consider and I'm not usually a guy that dons a tin foil hat.
USADA can’t sentence anybody. Only the ACs (or the UFC themselves) can sentence people.

The Nick Diaz situation from the Silva fight might actually be a good example of this.

Remember his samples were negative, then positive, contaminated, etc, there was a whole story to it. USADA had a huge hardo-on for Diaz as evidenced by the sentence they threw at him (and berating him in session).

Diaz pushes back, his lawyer brings up that the original sample was clean and all of a sudden they are backtracking, reducing his sentence and fine significantly.

It was very fishy, to the point that they backed off rather than get into court with Diaz and his attorney.

I don't know if this is an example of corruption or just incompetency on their part but he is an easy target. He failed for weed twice prior and is a well known fighter.

Something to consider and I'm not usually a guy that dons a tin foil hat.
it was the NSAC that did that. The only encounter between USADA and Diaz was they "flagged" him for not being available for random tests, he pretty much ignored it because he isn't an active fighter, and that's that.

Nick got a 5 year suspension originally, do you remember that fucktard?

He was fined 165k as well.

And yet they reduced it to 18 months and 100k after ripping him a new one in session and then backing off as a result of his lawyer's defense.

Here asshole, coles notes for you, the genius

Diaz's attorney Lucas Middlebrook informed reporters following the hearing that Diaz plans to appeal the commission's decision, referring the judgment as a "vendetta suspension," according to ESPN.

Diaz, 32, submitted three urine samples on the night of Jan. 31: one prior to his fight against Anderson Silva (administered at 7:12 p.m.), and two in the hours afterward (administered at 10:38 p.m. and 11:55 p.m.).

Of those three samples, the first and the third were administered under World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) protocol and submitted for testing to the WADA-accredited Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory in Salt Lake City, UT. Both of those tests came back clean.

The 10:38 p.m. test, however, was administered by a separate testing representative and submitted to Quest Diagnostics, a non-WADA accredited lab in New Jersey. That test came back over the threshold for allowable marijuana metabolites, resulting in the lone positive test.

The ‘B' sample for the Quest result was never requested for testing.

Diaz's defense, led by Middlebrook, argued that the existence of two negative tests taken the span of a few hours, both conducted under WADA protocol, cast the Quest result as "scientifically unreliable" and an "inexplicable outlier."

"There is simply no medically plausible explanation for the Quest result of 733 ng/ml. None whatsoever," Middlebrook argued. "Yet in arbitrary and capricious fashion, this commission has filed a disciplinary complaint against Mr. Diaz in a situation where two tests results from a WADA-approved lab produced negative results -- negative results that bookend the erroneous result within a matter of hours, yet the complaint makes absolutely no mention of those two negative tests. None whatsoever.

"At best, this is an ostrich-like head-in-the-sand mistake. At worst, this is a gross and blatant misrepresentation of the facts."

Middlebrook also pointed to several discrepancies within the test's chain of custody, namely that collector Aldo Galvan failed to observe WADA protocol by sealing the sample himself, that Galvan did not check a box on a collection form which indicated the sample collection had been observed by inspectors, and that once the sample was sent to Quest, it was done so with Diaz's name affixed to it, betraying Diaz's right to athlete anonymity.

You aren't very bright. You are quoting the Diaz team. If you bothered to watch the hearing you would have seen what a clown car they were. For example, the QUEST result was NOT the claimed 733ng/ml you quote.

There was only one official test, and Diaz failed it. The other two tests were done on samples that should have never been tested, per WADA protocol. Look into the specific gravity of those samples, and the WADA limit. Listen to the testimony of the Director of the WADA-approved lab.

Middlebrook didn't even know the rules and regulations of the commission when he led his client down the wrong path in the meeting. The only reason Nick's suspension was changed was due to the UFC (Mob) Lawyers getting involved and "convincing" the NSAC to give him another chance to plead for his career, which he did.

So why do you think Nick never asked for his B sample to be tested? Why did he accept a 1.5 years and $100K if he did nothing wrong?

But stoners like you don't worry about little things like facts, do you?

USADA can’t sentence anybody. Only the ACs (or the UFC themselves) can sentence people.

USADA also doesn't do any testing. They set the protocols, and independent, 3rd party labs conduct the testing.

At this point nothing surprises me.

Power/Money corrupts people. That’s never going to change.

susceptible to corruption? sure.

corrupt? I doubt it as some of the people failing wouldn't fail if WME was paying them off

Kellerman is a huge boxing shill and like Arum will try to discredit MMA at every turn.

Back