Max Kellerman say USADA is corrupt:

And how long did this take? How many athletes compete with sub-standard controls?

Sure. People educate themselves on how to beat testing. This is why less than 4% are caught. Sorry, but that level of performance is absolute shit, and there is no excuse you can make to justify it. I, embarrassingly enough, still work for the US gvt., and we will not tolerate that level of performance. What does that tell you?

I also dont know where you get this 4% from.

the rate of positive samples under wada sports generally runs at .7-1.2%

You are doubling it because 50% of athletes in a blind survey admitted to doping. 1. those surveys arent worth the paper they are written on. (or the tablets they are typed into).. maybe its 50%, maybe its 95%, maybe its 100%, maybe in some sports its 10%, nobody knows. 2. The main survey didnt actually ask if currently doping, but asked previous etc. so theres no way of establishing the figure as being current

so you are making a 4% figure based on statistics that we have no idea if they are accurate.

the only actual statistic we know for sure is the rate of positive which is around 1% of all samples

Yes, clearly not only 1% of athletes are doping

but NOBODY in the anti doping community will ever claim otherwise. Nobody will ever claim that is acceptable or desirable. I dont know why you think people are even claiming that. Who has claimed that? name some people who claim that 1% of samples positive is a good return?

but again, i dont know what your point is. Because only 1% of samples are positive then what? your suggestion seems to be we shouldnt bother.

only 1% of crimes are solved. so fuck it. lets disband the police force and stop bothering.

What is your point?

And you talk about money? Do you know what WADA's annual budget is? Less than a top fucking NFL player gets paid, its peanuts..

Lets see how you would run worldwide anti doping on a budget of $30m a year..

So wtats your point? because no system can ever be perfect we shouldnt bother? I dont even see what you are getting at tbh

You should be beyond straw man arguments.

No, I am supporting Max's statement. Yes, his claim of not catching anyone was wrong, but really they just do a shitty job in general. Had I wish to make the argument you stated, I would have done so.

I will also point out that when you consider the costs involved, the shit the athletes have to put up with, the corruption (go ahead and deny this if you wish, we both know better) and the various other issues (including costs to athletes where they miss a payday that may not occur again for months) they do an even worse job than the 3.2% success rate indicates. So considering these factors, USADA/WADA actually has very little to recommend it.

And when you realize that many substances that are banned can actually prolong an athlete's career or allow recovery from injuries much faster, well, now the "program" has even less to recommend it.

And if you look at how USADA conducts itself (from the physical side of it, not just reading about it) you would be well aware that, after dealing with some of these assholes, education is far from their priority. And now there is even less to recommend them.

So I guess they are slightly better than nothing, but in quite a few cases, the benefits do not out weigh the costs.

By way of example: I know of a disabled veteran (ok, I know a shitload) who, after suffering trauma which left him with damage to his pituitary, anterior pituitary, thalamus and hypothalmus needs, among other things, testosterone because his levels, when not supplemented, are critically low. He was told not to even bother asking for a hearing after his application for a TUE was turned down. After being crippled while serving his country and knowing he is going to die early.

Yet Cyborg got a retroactive TUE even after failing two drug tests. Yes, only one was USADA, but you get the point.

And there are multiple cases like this.

So given their lack of consistency, lack of ethics, and general lack of success, they are pretty much a bad joke.

And all you are doing is making excuses for a shitty job, in between straw-man arguments, poisoning the well, etc. Numerous logically fallacious positions in response to things I have not said. And yes, surveys are worth something, because they are the best tool we have. If using the best tool we have is worthless because it is not 100% (or whatever) then using the same standard drug testing is worthless (see how that works).

Back