Max Holloway's reign as champ is gonna come to a shocking end soon

How the holy hell is Edgar winning that fight?

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

Have you not been paying attention to what Frankie is capable of for the last 6-7 years?

You can't count. Sad! Tested 6 times this year, tested 25 times, up until a few weeks ago was the most tested fighter in history. Deal with it.

Why are you being such weird man-child. Can you actually have a discussion?

And unlike you, I don't have a dog in this fight, so I don't know what or why or how there would be something to "deal with." Deal with.... statistics? Um sure.

I was going off of MMA stats. But you're right, he has more tests when you factor in the circus that was the Mayweather fight. Again, can you act like you're over thirteen now? Please? I don't know exactly why you're so hung up on this. I was merely discussing stats, as I'm a numbers nerd.

It appears you're trying to live vicariously through Conor, so good luck with that..?

This one experience with you was just a wee bit too much for his guy. Gotta add you to the ignore list for general douchiness. Sorry.

Frankie is a different type of test for Max. If Max can beat Frankie convincingly it will really show that he can beat that type of stylistic fighter. I think a test against someone like Chad Mendes would also be good. If Max can beat Frankie, then Ortega, then Mendes it will prove that he doesn't have much holes in his game and it will take simply a better MMA striker to take him out which would be Conor with a gas tank.

To be honest if he can rack in 4-5 more defenses successfully I would love to see him just go up to LW at that point.

He beats Edgar, then maybe the winner of Lamas/Ortega, before going up to 155 in 2019

I love KZ but I doubt he has a chance against Max. Zabit can give Max some problems but I think Max would win in the stand up. Elkins would get rekt so hard. Rest of the guys are super green.

Maybe it's just me but I think Frankie and T-city are the only guys left to give Max problems.

In a year, once he's done with Frankie and T city, the green guys won't be as green.

KZ is huge with like 5 inches of reach on max And KZ hits hard...I think he'd put up a good fight.

He won't be champ for long but only maybe because he'll lose

He's big and the cut is hard. And he beat most of the division on the way up. If he beats Edgar and T-City or if he loses to either one I think he jumps to LW right after

No reason for him to waste his time struggling to make 145 to beat up Cub Swanson and Ricardo Lamas again

Why are you being such weird man-child. Can you actually have a discussion?

And unlike you, I don't have a dog in this fight, so I don't know what or why or how there would be something to "deal with." Deal with.... statistics? Um sure.

I was going off of MMA stats. But you're right, he has more tests when you factor in the circus that was the Mayweather fight. Again, can you act like you're over thirteen now? Please? I don't know exactly why you're so hung up on this. I was merely discussing stats, as I'm a numbers nerd.

It appears you're trying to live vicariously through Conor, so good luck with that..?

This one experience with you was just a wee bit too much for his guy. Gotta add you to the ignore list for general douchiness. Sorry.

Another day, another Conor hater exposed.

Just thinking about T-City vs Halloway gets me excited for the future match up.

LMAO, WRONG.

Conor never had problems missing weight. Max has, and he's only 26! Conor hasn't improved? He just went 10 rounds with TBE in boxing FFS, and you think he's still where he was when was when he was 24? Use your head. If you can't see the difference between Conor at 24 years old and him now as the Double champ, maybe you shouldn't be discussing fighter's skills.

Conor and Max both started training the same year. Conor beat him then, and beats him again now.
Chuck Liddell won rematch twice, Cain won twice after getting KO. U should put money on it if you can tell the future. Bet u had Conor beating Nate first fight

Frankie is hard not to like, he won me over a long time ago (even though he got a gift against BJ). I've always admired his toughness, well roundedness, and the fact that he's always the smallest guy in the cage.

But he is a tad overrated. He is an excellent fighter, the type to always get wins over B level fighters, and destroy hypejobs like Yair, but never beat the true A+ fighters.

I struggle to see him even being competitive with the current version of Holloway.

He definitely beat BJ in the rematch and BJ is as good as it gets.
I agree bJ won the first one in my eyes but he did not in the judges.

Frankie’s lost to Aldo. And Bendo. Both of whom are pretty much the best or one of the best champs of their weight class. I don’t think it’s “A+” fighters that beat him, just those two.

I’d pick Frankie over anyone else at 145 (especially considering he’s starched Cub + Mendes, both whom I consider A+ level fighters).

I give him 2-5 title defenses probably which is already good. He's in his physical prime right now and looks spectacular. But look at how he's winning all his fights, walking people down while eating hard shots. For example:

How long do you think he will be able to do this against top guys. A year? Two? While it's amazing and he's one of my favorite fighters he relies on his chin and outstanding physical prowess too much. Other GOATs like Anderson, GSP, Fedor, Jones, Aldo had long reigns because they avoided a lot of damage. I just see Max's chin just going out one day and it being a tragedy eventually. I predict a Chuck Liddell actually. Has a few loses early, looks invincible for a while, chin dies.

They fought 3 rds. 5rder May be different outcome

Post skin cream Mendez hasn't fought yet, he needs a couple fights before any sniff atta title shot, Frankie went 5 with Aldo and has a chance to grind a decision out against Max, T City looks to be the only real challenge to the belt as of now

he took that uppercut like it was nothing. i hope Edgar beats him.... i know it was a long time ago but Conor freaking held him down edgar should be able to.. but i cant help but have flashbacks of edgar vs maynard 2 and 3 everytime i watch an edgar fight i hate it

Max wins most exchanges. He doesn't get hit early and is more willing to jump into the fire, deeper into the fight.

Fighters get hit. Max usually dictates when and is ready to fire back. His IQ is very high.

I think he beats Edgar. I think Ortega catches him though, and depending how Mendes looks..he might be able to edge a decision too.

However, if Conor comes back, there will be no doubt it'll be all over for max.
<DontBelieve1>
Max's distance control will be the main factor in the fight.
He took shots from Aldo, who hits much harder than Ortega. And Ortega
boxing/striking is nowhere near the level of Aldo's. People also seem to forget
Max already finished Cub 2 years ago by guillotine choke(after beating the crap out of Cub on the feet)

And we'll see if Conor decides to even try to make 145 again.

No, no and no. Holloway is here to stay. He is the best striker at 145 and most of the better grapplers don't have the takedowns to threaten him, because Holloway mostly has amazing takedown defense.

Aldo? Beat twice
Swanson? Destroyed and finished, would do it again: this time, easier.
Ortega? Would destroy him on the feet before Ortega would get a chance to grapple
Edgar? Would pick apart from range.
Choi? Both are stand up fighters, Choi needs some catching up to do, especially with his defense.
Magomedsharipov? Interesting fight, but Holloway wins.
Rodriguez? No comment.

145 doesn't have many fighters who can even threaten Holloway, let alone beat Holloway.

I actually think Max is a bad fight for Conor now but I know you're not allowed to think that lol
How can a come forward fighter with a 69 inch be a bad match up for a counter puncher with a 74 inxh ? Not only that has more power then max and is more versatile with kicks ect .. so not being a dick but honestly why do you think maxs a bad matchup now ?

What has max done that conor couldnt ??? Nithing imo conor beats every person max has . But could max beat nate at 170 or ko eddie inless then 2 rds .. i dont think so ..

Back