Max Holloway's reign as champ is gonna come to a shocking end soon

I'll use my Chuck Liddell example again. Chuck got his ass beat by Randy Couture early. Then he got a lot better, fight him 2 more times and destroyed him

That's Max and Conor imo

You're comparing a guy that was nearly a decade older. That's irrelevant.

What has Max improved more than Conor? Conor has no doubt improved his striking more, and is still very clearly the better striker. He's the smarter fighter, so good luck having Max out gameplan him.

The only you could even make an argument Max has improved more than Conor is his grappling, but I wouldn't say it's better than Conor's, and it's certainly not better than Conor's to give Max any kind of real advantage in a fight.

Conor beats Max again, by whatever he wants again. This time without a blown out ACL.

In 2016 Anderson was the most with 15 tests. Cruz and Alverz tied for 2nd with 14.

Hendrix and Barnett tied for 3rd with 13 tests.

Tate, Marquardt, Wonderboy, and Woodley tied for 4th with 12 tests.

And in a big twelve way tie for 5th, we had Amanda Nunes, Cain Velasquez, Cody Garbrandt, Cris Cyborg, Dan Henderson, Daniel Cormier, Fabricio Werdum, Michael Bisping, Yoel Romero, Stipe Miocic, Vitor Belfort and Conor McGregor.

So far for 2017 the list is as follows...(as of Aug)...

Tecia Torres 10 Times
Vitor Belfort 9 Times
Yoel Romero 9 Times
Alexis Davis 8 Times
Anderson Silva 8 Times
Anthony Pettis 8 Times
Claudia Gadelha 8 Times
Demetrious Johnson 8 Times

Glover Texeira 8 Times
Holly Holm 8 Times
Jon Jones 8 Times
Ovince St Preux 8 Times
Ray Borg 8 Times
TJ Dillashaw 8 Times
Valentina Shevchenko 8 Times

As for right now, Conor has been tested 4 times in 2017.

Conor is the most tested fighter ever. Deal with it.

I give him 2-5 title defenses probably which is already good. He's in his physical prime right now and looks spectacular. But look at how he's winning all his fights, walking people down while eating hard shots. For example:

How long do you think he will be able to do this against top guys. A year? Two? While it's amazing and he's one of my favorite fighters he relies on his chin and outstanding physical prowess too much. Other GOATs like Anderson, GSP, Fedor, Jones, Aldo had long reigns because they avoided a lot of damage. I just see Max's chin just going out one day and it being a tragedy eventually. I predict a Chuck Liddell actually. Has a few loses early, looks invincible for a while, chin dies.

2-5 defences would actually be great, how is that a bad thing?

Conor is the most tested fighter ever. Deal with it.

Well I was pulling stats from USADA. So perhaps you want to take this up with USADA?

giphy.gif

Not sure Edgar can beat Holloway but I think Ortega can.

Max is going to clean out the division.

Well I was pulling stats from USADA. So perhaps you want to take this up with USADA?

giphy.gif

You were not pulling up stats from USADA. That is literally not on USADA's testing information. You are wrong again.

If it were a knee rather than uppercut that hit Max in first gif, we'd have Aldo as champ again.

Or if Aldo put a bit a swivle in that shot. Hit him right on the button, but straight UP not at an angle which would have KOd anybody.

How is he "your boy"? I'm genuinely curious.
He legitimately is my "boy" and grew up in my neighborhood and went to high school with him. Torrance represent, home of the gracies, silva and machidas.

2-5 defenses is not a shocking end soon thats above average but I see what you mean his streak is strangely very similar to Tony Fs, dominant number of wins in a row but got hit twice as much as anybody else winning. Got a great chin the both of em would love to see Max vs Tony F one day.

2-5 defenses is not a shocking end soon thats above average but I see what you mean his streak is strangely very similar to Tony Fs, dominant number of wins in a row but got hit twice as much as anybody else winning. Got a great chin the both of em would love to see Max vs Tony F one day.

https://ufc.usada.org/testing/results/athlete-test-history/

I don't know, according to this he is not the most tested athlete. Your source?

The actual USADA site, not some terrible UFC shit.

My bad though, Conor is no longer the most tested fighter after Eddie's last fight. Granted Conor has taken 2017 off and would easily still be King of USADA if he still fought, but nonetheless, he is still second place two usada tests behind Eddie.

My point still stands. If you think Conor is on PEDs, you need assistance.

Back