Max Holloway's reign as champ is gonna come to a shocking end soon

Was a few years ago though
Max keeps getting better and better
Conor hopefully is too but haven’t seen any proof of it yet
Have a feeling conor couldn’t make 145 very comfortably anymore though

LMAO, WRONG.

Conor never had problems missing weight. Max has, and he's only 26! Conor hasn't improved? He just went 10 rounds with TBE in boxing FFS, and you think he's still where he was when was when he was 24? Use your head. If you can't see the difference between Conor at 24 years old and him now as the Double champ, maybe you shouldn't be discussing fighter's skills.

Conor and Max both started training the same year. Conor beat him then, and beats him again now.

Maybe - chin first defence is not the greatest for longevity

I give him 2-5 title defenses probably which is already good. He's in his physical prime right now and looks spectacular. But look at how he's winning all his fights, walking people down while eating hard shots. For example:

How long do you think he will be able to do this against top guys. A year? Two? While it's amazing and he's one of my favorite fighters he relies on his chin and outstanding physical prowess too much. Other GOATs like Anderson, GSP, Fedor, Jones, Aldo had long reigns because they avoided a lot of damage. I just see Max's chin just going out one day and it being a tragedy eventually. I predict a Chuck Liddell actually. Has a few loses early, looks invincible for a while, chin dies.

Well most of the time he rolls and moves away well from punches which does save him from much of the head trauma unlike Liddell.

LMAO, WRONG.

Conor never had problems missing weight. Max has, and he's only 26! Conor hasn't improved? He just went 10 rounds with TBE in boxing FFS, and you think he's still where he was when was when he was 24? Use your head. If you can't see the difference between Conor at 24 years old and him now as the Double champ, maybe you shouldn't be discussing fighter's skills.

Conor and Max both started training the same year. Conor beat him then, and beats him again now.
Connor bumboy confirmed lol

Edgar will beat him on his next fight.

So agree.
lmao edgar is old......he will get a beatdown....

if Conor comes back, there will be no doubt it'll be all over for max.

you think Conor will destroy his body to fight in the poor mans Lw division that he already butchered? no chance in hell

Ricardo Lamas can beat him in a 5 round fight, Frankie won't

but UFC won't give Ricardo Lamas a title shot cause nobody gives a fuck about Ricardo Lamas

Actually there are only few good guys he didn't beat in FW.

If he beats Edgar and T-city I don't know who else can challenge him at FW.

Two more fights and he pretty much cleaned up the division.

Lol
Nope

Frankie doesn't have shit for max
I honestly think max will finish him

Edgar will beat him on his next fight.

So agree.

I"m not so sure Edgar is going to win. I mean, we really haven't seen Max Holloway's wrestling tested as of late. However, I'm sure he was working his TDD defense for the Edgar fight, before the injury. Now Max just has more time to hone his TDD.

And guys with good hands actually do better against wrestlers. This is partially because it's easier to hit someone shooting on you with a hook or uppercut, and still defend the takedown. Wrestlers tend to do better against primarily kick attacking strikers. Kicking just gives up too much balance -- this is why Frankie was able to dominate Yair Rodriguez, taking away his best weapon.

I predict Max actually beats Edgar.

I think he beats Edgar. I think Ortega catches him though, and depending how Mendes looks..he might be able to edge a decision too.

However, if Conor comes back, there will be no doubt it'll be all over for max.

Mendes? Funny how one persons post can go south quickly

I had been picking Frankie too, I still will, but man, Max is one fuckin awesome fighter. It’s gonna be a great fight either way but, I can’t root against Frankie. That guy won me over in the Maynard fights.

Frankie is hard not to like, he won me over a long time ago (even though he got a gift against BJ). I've always admired his toughness, well roundedness, and the fact that he's always the smallest guy in the cage.

But he is a tad overrated. He is an excellent fighter, the type to always get wins over B level fighters, and destroy hypejobs like Yair, but never beat the true A+ fighters.

I struggle to see him even being competitive with the current version of Holloway.

Lol
Nope

Frankie doesn't have shit for max
I honestly think max will finish him

In a fight, Frankie is never gettin' finish, he's just gettin' mad.

Frankie UD.

I could see Ortega beating Max though, he's better than I thought. Max likes to grind people down. Ortega appears to be tough as fuck, I could see him hanging in there and just latching onto that neck and cranking the fuck out of it at some point. It only takes one opportunity.

I thought you were going to post frankie edgar's face on here, but I was wrong. lol.

He's reminding me of Anderson silvas in fight antics. History will repeat itself.

Back