Max Holloway's reign as champ is gonna come to a shocking end soon

FlyThaiMMA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I give him 2-5 title defenses probably which is already good. He's in his physical prime right now and looks spectacular. But look at how he's winning all his fights, walking people down while eating hard shots. For example:

How long do you think he will be able to do this against top guys. A year? Two? While it's amazing and he's one of my favorite fighters he relies on his chin and outstanding physical prowess too much. Other GOATs like Anderson, GSP, Fedor, Jones, Aldo had long reigns because they avoided a lot of damage. I just see Max's chin just going out one day and it being a tragedy eventually. I predict a Chuck Liddell actually. Has a few loses early, looks invincible for a while, chin dies.

My boy T-City is taking dat neck with him.

Edgar will beat him on his next fight.

So agree.

I give him 2-5 title defenses probably which is already good. He's in his physical prime right now and looks spectacular. But look at how he's winning all his fights, walking people down while eating hard shots. For example:

How long do you think he will be able to do this against top guys. A year? Two? While it's amazing and he's one of my favorite fighters he relies on his chin and outstanding physical prowess too much. Other GOATs like Anderson, GSP, Fedor, Jones, Aldo had long reigns because they avoided a lot of damage. I just see Max's chin just going out one day and it being a tragedy eventually. I predict a Chuck Liddell actually. Has a few loses early, looks invincible for a while, chin dies.

I think he beats Edgar. I think Ortega catches him though, and depending how Mendes looks..he might be able to edge a decision too.

However, if Conor comes back, there will be no doubt it'll be all over for max.

He ate hard shots from the previous best FW striker ever, but he was also rolling off a lot of punches. So you lose the argument there.

To beat Aldo you have to eat shots, he's that good. He'll probably pick a part Frankie from distance.

What other future FW's pose more of a threat than Aldo did? Which he beat 2x.
I'd argue that Aldo beats Ortega & Frankie.
He's only going to get better.

I think he beats Edgar. I think Ortega catches him though, and depending how Mendes looks..he might be able to edge a decision too.

However, if Conor comes back, there will be no doubt it'll be all over for max.

I actually think Max is a bad fight for Conor now but I know you're not allowed to think that lol

If he were to get 5 title defenses then that'd be pretty damn good. Not much more to ask. To make it to that many defenses that would mean he likely held the belt for a good while too, so it wouldn't end that soon like you're saying. Who's going to beat him? Ortega? Max is much better on the feet and he's far more versatile than Cub in grappling. Cub is a black belt but never truly even seemed like a black belt compared to other legit black belts, if that makes sense, lol. Max has great TDD and won't be getting caught in any snap down city standing guillotine.

I actually think Max is a bad fight for Conor now but I know you're not allowed to think that lol

That's because when someone dominates you for three rounds everywhere it's safe to say you probably aren't going to win a rematch.

Conor was fresh AF after the Max fight too. Could easily have gone two more rounds, so that's not an excuse either.

Edgar will beat him on his next fight.

So agree.

I had been picking Frankie too, I still will, but man, Max is one fuckin awesome fighter. It’s gonna be a great fight either way but, I can’t root against Frankie. That guy won me over in the Maynard fights.

How is he "your boy"? I'm genuinely curious.

It's a joke, in case you haven't noticed.

maxresdefault.jpg

That's because when someone dominates you for three rounds everywhere it's safe to say you probably aren't going to win a rematch.

Conor was fresh AF after the Max fight too. Could easily have gone two more rounds, so that's not an excuse either.
Was a few years ago though
Max keeps getting better and better
Conor hopefully is too but haven’t seen any proof of it yet
Have a feeling conor couldn’t make 145 very comfortably anymore though

so because of a single uppercut and a throwdown with lamas in the last 10 seconds? eh, you could have done better

yes, pre-USADA. now go back to your corner

so because of a single uppercut and a throwdown with lamas in the last 10 seconds? eh, you could have done better
I agree, we need more footage.

I think he will be alright. He’s young and has a granite chin and dominates most of his fights. He’s only been rocked once or twice from what I can remember.

Besides it’s a lower weight class where the knockout threat is a bit lower. If he was getting hit like this at MW-HW he would be in trouble in the near future.

If he were to get 5 title defenses then that'd be pretty damn good. Not much more to ask. To make it to that many defenses that would mean he likely held the belt for a good while too, so it wouldn't end that soon like you're saying. Who's going to beat him? Ortega? Max is much better on the feet and he's far more versatile than Cub in grappling. Cub is a black belt but never truly even seemed like a black belt compared to other legit black belts, if that makes sense, lol. Max has great TDD and won't be getting caught in any snap down city standing guillotine.

In martial arts you get black belts, and they usually can beat under ranks

Then you have blackbelts that do nothing but tap other black belts

This is the next level of the arts

Back