Max Holloway will finish Frankie Edgar in brutal fashion

Frankie accumulated so much damage throughout his career and he's at that age now... it could happen any fight at this point.

He's been rocked once in the past 6 years and has some of the best defensive stats in the UFC.

I'm starting to think people are stuck in 2012 and only remember the Maynard fights.

He's been rocked once in the past 6 years and has some of the best defensive stats in the UFC.

I'm starting to think people are stuck in 2012 and only remember the Maynard fights.
Aldo kicked his ass 2X.

Frankie wins 4 rounds of 5

And loses decision

Gotta agree with OP. The max who rematched aldo is the best 145 i have ever watched. I loved the wec featherweight division as much as the next guy at the time but that Holloway beats any version of any fighter at 45 in history. If he keeps improving, and i believe he will, he will samsh frankie and get it done inside 4 rounds. It is the #blessed era

I like both guys and I think Max gets it done. Dunno if he finishes him but I wouldn't be surprised if he does.

Aldo kicked his ass 2X.

Yeah man. That 48-47 was brutal. So was that 48-46 with Aldo backing up all fight. Brutal.

Edgar lost those fights, but he didn't take a beating, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Jose definitely won both fights but to say he ‘dominated’ is a stretch to say the least. Especially their first fight it was a competitive match and a closer decision than the judges scorecards IMO.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....reaking-down-the-fightmetric-numbers.amp.html

Second fight was also pretty close considering Edgar couldn’t implement his gameplan and utilize his bread and butter... takedowns and ground & pound.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/7145/José-Aldo-vs-Frankie-Edgar

Regardless of my supporting arguments you can think Aldo ‘dominated’ both fights. I won’t deny Aldo is just a bad matchup for Edgar period. Just like Holloway is a bad matchup for Aldo but that doesn’t mean Holloway is automatically going to beat Edgar.

Different fighters and styles make fights which is what makes the sport so interesting.

Think Ronda, Holly and Tate. Holly had the skillset and tools to dethrone Ronda and so she should’ve easily been able to handle Tate the far lesser striker especially considering she was able to avoid Ronda’s takedowns but Tate was able to hang with her standing and eventually implement her grappling and take her down to get the finish even though she’s not the lesser striker to Holly and is inferior at takedowns/submissions to Ronda.

Aldo has powerful hips, deadly knee strikes (Mendes, Cub) Edgar had to consider and most importantly a low center of gravity so he was able to shut down Edgar’s takedown attempts. He also has a super accurate and quick initial jab to keep Edgar at bay.

Holloway is a talented striker but Edgar has stood with and beat or hung with everyone over the course of 13 years and 2 different weight divisions without EVER being finished.

Max has never faced a fighter like Edgar. His wrestling/takedown defense is untested. He’s never had to deal with relentless ground and pound. He’s had the cardio advantage over all his prior opponents.

Edgar WILL take down Holloway’s lanky 5’11 ass.... multiple times. He will get in gnp shots when he does and he will bring the same energy and intensity for the full 5 rounds if he needs to.

All this is just my opinion though Mannnn. Holloway is an incredible fighter just entering his prime and it’s incredible Edgar is fighting for the belt at his advanced age in a low weight clas. He should’ve shown steep decline like 4 years ago.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree

It's weird because I don't really
Know the path and assuming Max will effortlessly stuff Edgar would be stupid

But I just know he will win
And it will
Be violent

And no one will
Give him credit like always

Frankie looked shook .. Wouldn't even look in his eyes .. Stared at his eyebrows the whole time

Back