Media Max Holloway vs. Justin Gaethje Set for UFC 300 (BMF Belt) and Jim Miller vs. Bobby Green

Who Wins?

• Max Holloway

Votes: 25 11.9%
  • Justin Gaethje

Votes: 185 88.1%

• Total voters
The belt doesn't mean anything to me, it's a great fight and it's 5 rounds. It would be on the main card of any ppv.

All the titles are fake, once you realize that maybe it will stop bothering you. From my perspective the most important thing about the BMF belt and all those interim titles they create whenever they want is that the fighter gets ppv points.
I mean, if you don’t care about titles, that’s yer business. I will always care about the titles. They are meant to be the ultimate achievement for every aspiring mma fighter.

But if you just wanna focus on the matchup, gaethje vs holloway is NOT a good one. Holloway is getting older now, is coming up from featherweight, and has no success at lightweight in the past. Against gaethje who is basically at the best point in his career. It’s a mismatch.

Love the fighters, I agree with you there. But the trend of ignoring weight classes is making lots of epic fighters look bad. Needs to tone down

That’s the UFC fault for not creating new superstars. The entire roster is Dana Ehite Contender series , the real star power left were built by the Fertittas

I think I can count on 1 hand the amount of superstars since 2017. Volk, Izzy, Pererria, O’Malley, and Islam.

Weak
They cannot make superstars out of welterweight and below. It takes 10-12 wins to get a title shot, then they turn 35 years old and begin to decline. It’s hopeless for these fighters to have long reigns.

Middleweight and above is actually showing lots of promise. Especially aspinall at heavyweight. But the ufc is sabotaging his career with the jones fiasco

I mean, if you don’t care about titles, that’s yer business. I will always care about the titles. They are meant to be the ultimate achievement for every aspiring mma fighter.

But if you just wanna focus on the matchup, gaethje vs holloway is NOT a good one. Holloway is getting older now, is coming up from featherweight, and has no success at lightweight in the past. Against gaethje who is basically at the best point in his career. It’s a mismatch.

Love the fighters, I agree with you there. But the trend of ignoring weight classes is making lots of epic fighters look bad. Needs to tone down

The interim titles the UFC hands out like candy aren't any less fake than the BMF title. And Gaethje is 3 years older. It's a great matchup. Max has had one fight at LW and that was 5 years ago. He and Gaethje fought Poirier around the same time and Gaethje got KO'd.

I think Justin beats Max up bad. I like Max but him winning means he will be fighting Islam. I kind of don't want to see that fight.

I have a strong feeling that Gaethjes left hook and leg kicks will cause big problems for Max. Could very well be his first knockout loss since Max seems susceptible to the left.

Both like to give one to land a couple and this style favors the harder hitter. They are both animals though so I can see a very competitive fight. Money would be on Justin if I were to bet.

He did get a lot better at dealing with them in the volk trilogy, though, and he looked like he was prioritizing defence more in general against allen. I favor gaethje, but I can see a world where max can break gaethje with pressure and body work.

If max wins, is he in line for a LW title shot?

He's gotta win 1 more first right? Maybe the Gamrot vs RDA winner next for Max, if Gaethje wins he probably gets Islam in like July/August.

He's gotta win 1 more first right? Maybe the Gamrot vs RDA winner next for Max, if Gaethje wins he probably gets Islam in like July/August.

Honestly, it's hard to say. LW is such a mess, and seemingly for no reason other than the UFC sucks at planning and the champ has a very strict schedule that he won't budge from.

What do you think of the Max vs. Gaethje fight? I'm hoping Max uses his kicking game here and attacks gaethje's body. Max is a great kicker when he wants to be, and we've seen gaethje struggle a lot with body shots before. I'm giving Max more chance than most seem to be. It's a fun fight

Max can win this fight. He has a lot of advantages. He is more technical, he is faster, and his cardio advantage will be insane. I think if he survives the first couple rounds without taking as much damage as he did against Dustin

Justin will gas out and Max will likey piece him up if it goes to the later rounds.

I havent seen the Poirior fight in awhile but I think Max took a lot of damage early and it was a pretty even fight the last couple rounds

damn this is such a bad fight for Max, moving up in weight and fighting a guy who can tank Max's little straight punches and then chop down his leg that he never checks, fuck man going to be hard to watch cuz i love Max

Back