Max Holloway: The fight is happening June 3 cause Mr. Aldo didn’t want to show up at UFC 205...

Who gives a shit....the fight is set and will happen.

ugh, is he talking again?

So this is his new storyline? aldo turned down defending the interim belt again him at 205?
He honestly expected Aldo to defend the interim belt, underneath Conor fighting for the 3rd time out of FW, not unifying the FW title, and going for a second belt without defending the first one?

That's just absurd to think Aldo would do that. Max is a plain idiot. he should hush.

Aldo can't hang with Max, Aldo will tire in a real fight and he'll fold. Max 3rd round TKO. It'll look a lot like Max vs Pettis. They are both pretty fucking annoying though.

Unrelated kinda, I'd rather see Max vs Conor 2 than Aldo vs Conor 2 any day.

“I only took the movie because Aldo came out and said he was going to fight for an interim 155-pound title. I’m like I’m not going to wait around for this guy,”

Aldo asked for Khabib because Max turned down 208, and said he was injured and it was unlcear when he would fight next. Aldo was trained and ready, and asked for a different fight since Max was out. He couldn't fight another FW because Max is interim champ.

Max is dumb as dirt. I cannot wait for him to get beat by Aldo, and be kicked back in to the queue.

Some fighters should talk. Some fighters should not talk. Max should not talk.

Aldo can't hang with Max, Aldo will tire in a real fight and he'll fold. Max 3rd round TKO. It'll look a lot like Max vs Pettis. They are both pretty fucking annoying though.

Unrelated kinda, I'd rather see Max vs Conor 2 than Aldo vs Conor 2 any day.

No chance. Max is not on Aldo's level. There is absolutely nowhere that Max is better than Aldo.
He'll be lucky if he wins a round. If Aldo didn't tire against Frankie, he's not gonna tire against Max.

Aldo 49 - 46 at least. Tho i think Aldo TKO's him with a knee.

Max was doing so well, UNTIL he decided to start opening his mouth about Aldo, then things went south very quickly. He should not concern himself with optics. Just get ready.

Holloway is the next fw champion.
Deal with it, you haters in this thread. I'll enjoy your sweet lovely tears after the fight.

Aldo needs to KO him stiff.

I'm sick of all these beltless morons disrespecting him.

No chance. Max is not on Aldo's level. There is absolutely nowhere that Max is better than Aldo.
He'll be lucky if he wins a round. If Aldo didn't tire against Frankie, he's not gonna tire against Max.

Aldo 49 - 46 at least. Tho i think Aldo TKO's him with a knee.
Max isn't gonna sit on the outside right in Aldo's range. He has excellent forward pressure with striking not wrestling. I disagree, but I've been waiting for this fight for a long time. I'm completely confident Max will finish Aldo. Aldo's chin isn't as good as Max's and they'll both be tested in all likelihood. I'm betting on Max's holding up.

Holloway only got so much shit because he ran his mouth and made himself look weak and stupid.

Did he give that interview from disneyland?

Max isn't gonna sit on the outside right in Aldo's range. He has excellent forward pressure with striking not wrestling. I disagree, but I've been waiting for this fight for a long time. I'm completely confident Max will finish Aldo. Aldo's chin isn't as good as Max's and they'll both be tested in all likelihood. I'm betting on Max's holding up.

We can disagree as gentlemen. Watching Max vs Pettis, there was nothing in that fight that made me think he can beat aldo. Max may come forward, but Aldo is also a great counter puncher, which is what he did to frankie, all the while having a full arsenal of kicks because there's no threat of the takedown from Max. Aldo's defensive boxing also looked amazing in his last fight.
Anyway, i'm looking forward to this fight more than any other announced so far this year.
Should be good. I'm betting on Aldo. The way Max was completely squared off in exchanges against Pettis, makes me think he's gonna get destroyed by Aldo's knees.

I think Max will be FW champ before he's 30, just not while Aldo's still in there.

Cant wait for Aldo to shut this stupid kid up already

We can disagree as gentlemen. Watching Max vs Pettis, there was nothing in that fight that made me think he can beat aldo. Max may come forward, but Aldo is also a great counter puncher, which is what he did to frankie, all the while having a full arsenal of kicks because there's no threat of the takedown from Max. Aldo's defensive boxing also looked amazing in his last fight.
Anyway, i'm looking forward to this fight more than any other announced so far this year.
Should be good. I'm betting on Aldo. The way Max was completely squared off in exchanges against Pettis, makes me think he's gonna get destroyed by Aldo's knees.

I think Max will be FW champ before he's 30, just not while Aldo's still in there.
Okay, fair enough! It's gonna be a very fun fight to watch. That's for sure. It's probably 2nd most anticipated for me behind Stipe vs JDS 2(I'm a big Stipe fan, love and respect JDS as well and I'll actually be there in Dallas) Gonna be a great time.

I agree Holloway is so much better than the rest of the guys his age, it's really not close. He'd demolish Yair(I'm a big fan of his as well.)

As much flack as Holloway has taken for not fighting in February, he’s quick to remind everybody that he was originally supposed to face Aldo last year but the current featherweight champion declined to face him.

“The fight is happening June 3 cause Mr. Aldo didn’t want to show up at [UFC] 205 because he was kicking and crying and complaining to the UFC that he wanted to fight the one guy that everybody is trying to chase and everybody knows who that guy is,” Holloway said referencing Conor McGregor. “He was trying to chase that fight and he already had a fight.

“The fight could have happened way before now. He had the opportunity to fight me at [UFC] 206 but do a little research before coming at me. This is what Jose Aldo said and I quote ‘I don’t want to fight no one except for Conor and if I was to fight someone, I would fight Anthony Pettis because I believe Anthony Pettis is an easier fight and he’s a bigger draw than Max Holloway’. That’s what your champion has been saying. I thought your champion was willing to fight whoever, whenever and go out there and put on a show. Old boy didn’t show.”

Once the ankle injury flared up after his win against Pettis in December, Holloway was then offered the opportunity to star in a new film called “Den of Thieves”, which came directly from UFC president Dana White.

“I went to the doctor later that week and they said I needed to stay off the ankle for four to six weeks. I called the UFC they said no problem and the day after Dana White calls my phone and offers me this movie I’m in now called “Den of Thieves” with Gerard Butler and 50 Cent and O’Shea Jackson, they offered me the movie,” Holloway said. “Then he goes around saying I’m the one whose fault why this fight is taking so long.

“It’s tripping me out. He offered me a movie role. It doesn’t make no sense.”

Holloway takes it one step further by explaining that the main reason he accepted the movie role came after Aldo started talking about moving to lightweight for a potential matchup with undefeated Russian contender Khabib Nurmagomedov.

“I only took the movie because Aldo came out and said he was going to fight for an interim 155-pound title. I’m like I’m not going to wait around for this guy,” Holloway said. “They weren’t going to give me another fight so they gave me a movie role. I took the movie.

“[Aldo] and his alternative facts, they need to get that straight and we’ll see June 3. We’ll see what happens.”

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...regarding-jose-aldo-and-conor-mcgregor-032717
Someone fact check this.

Back