Max Holloway responds to Conor

By conors very own logic he is not the real 155 lb champ.

He is most definiely not better at distance control than conor , conors timing and distance control is his best assets and we already saw he is a weaker grappler from the first fight , conor has more weapons when it comes to striking he would use a similar game plan as the first time keep max guessing if its a kick or punch coming and that would open conors tds . Conor gassed due to nates size which max doesnt have . And yes conor is the safe bet because he is the much better and versitile fighter with much better power .

I disagree. Max has gotten a lot better since the first fight, both grappling and striking. How do you gas from someones size if one of the two only grappling exchanges occurred in the finishing sequence of the fight? They only grappled twice.

I disagree. Max has gotten a lot better since the first fight, both grappling and striking. How do you gas from someones size if one of the two only grappling exchanges occurred in the finishing sequence of the fight? They only grappled twice.
Im taking it you have never fought or sparred a guy longer and bigger ? It wears youbout man because you have to be tense / on all the time . Max doesnt have the size to push conor back so conor can be more relaxed and push the pace .

Max has gotten better but he is still better in zero aspects same as the first fight and he will be the smaller man . He wont knock conor out he wont be stronger to out grapple him and cant kick compared to conor , i guess if they hit the mat and max got the better postion he could get a sub . But thats his only chance imo

By a guy who walks around at over 170... Conor has the ability to cut weight to damn near death status.
hi-res-8683ea85d0b97755c98cf34f6661967e_crop_exact.jpg
chessmaster.jpg

So if conor would win again because he won the first time, then duffy and that flyweight would win again since they tapped him out the first time, right? I guess fighters cant change and improve

No it's not true, he is not still the champion.
I was talking about the dismantling Max part, and I have no issue with him regarding himself as the champ champ, no one else has to, but of course he's gonna.

McGregor's shadow may forever cast over the FW division.

Somebody HAS to beat him there otherwise they are paper champ in a long line of upcoming paper champs.

THIS is a perfect example of how to rack up almost 10k posts in just over a year lol... Being a casual doesn't excuse you from failing to providing substance to your argument.

By your logic everyone from Tito Ortiz to Jon Jones are PAPER CHAMPS because Frank Shamrock NEVER lost the BELT when he left the UFC.

Frank_Champion.jpg

frankshamrockpicture3.jpg

If you don't defend the title, you are in no way the champion.

It isn't about just winning the belt, you have to remain the champ. In no way is Conor the champ

McGregor's shadow may forever cast over the FW division.

Somebody HAS to beat him there otherwise they are paper champ in a long line of upcoming paper champs.
LOL
that's not only biased opinion, but a stupid one at best.
Conor did not climb through the rankings to fight Aldo.
He leapfrogged the competition, much like he did at LW.

If he had cleaned up, no one would say anything. But he didn't even defend it ONCE.

He FORFEITED the belt when he refused to defend it for over a year while healthy.

Max is the new FW champ.

The funny thing is that Conor didn't even climb through the LW rankings, and again refused to defend the belt for a year already (whole healthy).
He must defend or he won't be the LW champ either. Just a loudmouth who got a gifted title shot.

Conor de-legitimised the FW belt for a time. (He cleaned house and left) But once Max got the belt I saw it as a legitimate win.

Nothing wrong with Conor talking shit though brings the spotlight to Max and the Division.
Cleaned house? Like Brimage/Porier/Brandao?

If Conor wanted to defend the belt he'd have defended it.

That's how it works.

You don't get to do a Kalib Starnes with the belt and call yourself champ.

Duh. That's why Conor was stripped days after beating that can Alvarez.

LOL
that's not only biased opinion, but a stupid one at best.
Conor did not climb through the rankings to fight Aldo.
He leapfrogged the competition, much like he did at LW.

If he had cleaned up, no one would say anything. But he didn't even defend it ONCE.

He FORFEITED the belt when he refused to defend it for over a year while healthy.

Max is the new FW champ.

The funny thing is that Conor didn't even climb through the LW rankings, and again refused to defend the belt for a year already (whole healthy).
He must defend or he won't be the LW champ either. Just a loudmouth who got a gifted title shot.

LMFAO

, Poirier, Siver, Mendes isn't a respectable route? I know Mendes was an interm and he got the shot after Siver but still Mendes fight should've sealed the deal.

LMFAO

, Poirier, Siver, Mendes isn't a respectable route? I know Mendes was an interm and he got the shot after Siver but still Mendes fight should've sealed the deal.
Siver was ranked #13... until he accepted to fight Conor. Then he was bumped to #10.
From there, Conor jumped to fight Aldo.
The fact you know Conor fought Mendes with a full camp (while Mendes had none) should obviously be a point you would consider... if you were not such a dishonest nuthugger.

Like I said, if he had (at the very least) defended against Frankie, not many people would have an issue with it.
But he did not. So my point stands.
Gifted title shot.
Refusal to defend for over a year (while completely healthy)
move to LW
Rinse, repeat./..

He FORFEITED the FW belt.
If he does not defend, he will FORFEIT the LW as well.

And I have no problem with that. Life goes on. It's not like Conor didn't receive anything for his troubles. He had millions of reasons to not defend. So I understand why he did it.
But you can't eat the cake and have it too, and that is what he is trying to talk (and you are falling for it).

I do think whoever is the champion is so deservingly.
No one can force Conor to defend the belt. But titles have expiration dates. and at FW, they expired long ago.

Max is the new king. Long live the king!!!

Last edited:
Conor de-legitimised the FW belt for a time. (He cleaned house and left) But once Max got the belt I saw it as a legitimate win.

Nothing wrong with Conor talking shit though brings the spotlight to Max and the Division.
He didn't really clean house .. beat a dominate champ . Best probably the #3 guy at the time in mendes . Didn't have to fight Frankie, Cub Lamas KZ to name a few . Defiantly made the best of his opportunities tho

Blessed beats Harvey Wippleman in a rematch.

I'd like to see them fight again at some point, Max was so young and very raw in that first fight. would be fun to see them fight now.

Back