Max Holloway is the definition of a TRUE mma champion!

I always said that as soon as the ufc started to become like boxing thats when i would stop watching and low and behold thats the exact path we are heading for.

he's a champ indeed. wife was hawt in the cage last fight too.
4d6781f95e2cd.jpg
ohhhh shttt!! His wife is a fighter too? i had no idea. Is she good?

Are you forgetting Max stated that after the first Aldo fight, he wasn't doing anything until he gets his contract situation ironed out. He just happened to reach an agreement relatively quick. Do you think he would've still fought if he wasn't happy with what he was getting paid.

If you followed ufc from the beginning, it was never about the money, it was about being the baddest man on the planet and the money was a bonus. As the ufc started making money and started paying the best fighters really good money, everything started to change.

I have followed MMA and was aware of it before the UFC. With anything that people become professional at, what I'm getting at is passion is what gets you in and obviously these people have to be passionate about fighting in order to get in front of a cage and beat the crap out of each other in front of large crowds of people. What I am saying is, in no point in the history of prize fighting have I been aware of where a fighter turns down a couple of million dollars to fight the person generating more money to instead fight the "legit" contender for significantly less.

As far as all these old school fighters go, all they ever go on about is how they wish they were as paid as much as some of these other guys and how they have it easy compared to when they do it. That doesn't sound like nostalgia to me, that sounds like "shit I wish I was getting paid like these guys are" as in money is a motivating factor and just because Max doesn't have the opportunity right now to make a hundred million to fight someone to not defend his belt, or that other people in the past didn't, doesn't mean they wouldn't take that opportunity in a heartbeat. Even if you were out to secure your legacy of being the toughest fighter, the logical person would go "well shit I could make all this money and set myself up for life and go back to fighting as much as I want and have a safety net afterwards"

I just feel like you're ignoring a real component of how and why these things happen. Fighter pay is already shit for the lower end fighters in the UFC Roster the people talking shit about Conor are jealous, that's really what it comes down to, again if any one of them had that same opportunity they would have taken it. Even Don "I'm gonna punch this other guy until we damn near die" Frye would take a couple hundred mil to not defend a championship the people acting like this or other situations similar to that is some sort of travesty are simply not taking the fighters interests to heart at all. It's called prize fighting.

Max is the exact type of fighter that I love watching and following. The guys like him are the reason I watch MMA, always willing to fight, not looking for a way out in tough situations and just overall brings it! If the sport were full of guys like him it would be a lot more popular and conversely if the sport were full of Woodleys I would stop watching all together.

Are you forgetting Max stated that after the first Aldo fight, he wasn't doing anything until he gets his contract situation ironed out. He just happened to reach an agreement relatively quick. Do you think he would've still fought if he wasn't happy with what he was getting paid.

Forgot about that.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/9/...-featherweight-champion-max-holloway-contract

“I’m just asking for a fair shake,” Holloway told Khon2 in a recent interview. “You see a lot of these guys, a lot of these other champions making what they’re making. I’m not trying to take anything away from them, but I feel like I’m one of the more exciting fighters under contract in the UFC. At the end of the day, I’m the king. I’m in my throne, you know? If you want to come see me, come see me.”

I have followed MMA and was aware of it before the UFC. With anything that people become professional at, what I'm getting at is passion is what gets you in and obviously these people have to be passionate about fighting in order to get in front of a cage and beat the crap out of each other in front of large crowds of people. What I am saying is, in no point in the history of prize fighting have I been aware of where a fighter turns down a couple of million dollars to fight the better fighter instead of fighting the "legit" contender.

As far as all these old school fighters go, all they ever go on about is how they wish they were as paid as much as some of these other guys and how they have it easy compared to when they do it. That doesn't sound like nostalgia to me, that sounds like "shit I wish I was getting paid like these guys are" as in money is a motivating factor and just because Max doesn't have the opportunity right now to make a hundred million to fight someone to not defend his belt, or that other people in the past didn't, doesn't mean they wouldn't take that opportunity in a heartbeat. Even if you were out to secure your legacy of being the toughest fighter, the logical person would go "well shit I could make all this money and set myself up for life and go back to fighting as much as I want and have a safety net afterwards"

I just feel like you're ignoring a real component of how and why these things happen. Fighter pay is already shit for the lower end fighters in the UFC Roster the people talking shit about Conor are jealous, that's really what it comes down to, again if any one of them had that same opportunity they would have taken it. Even Don "I'm gonna punch this other guy until we damn near die" Frye would take a couple hundred mil to not defend a championship the people acting like this or other situations similar to that is some sort of travesty are simply not taking the fighters interests to heart at all. It's called prize fighting.

i totally appreciate your point, and i dont know a man alive who wouldnt fight anyone for a $100 million dollars... with that being said along the lines money changed cm.. his mindset is totally different now and im ok with that. Lets not forget what he brings to the table.. he makes alot of people a ton of money because he is a huge draw.. thats what he brings to the table. if your not bringing anything to the table than dont complain about wanting more money. Its like anything, the more u get paid the more money you want, but these fighters need to realize that if your not bringing anything to the table than just fight until you do or retire.

Somewhere down the road these new age fighters lost site of why fighters stepped into the octagon.. When the ufc first started, as you guys know, it was all about who the baddest toughest man on the planet was with basically no rules.. a true street fight if you will. It was NEVER about money or picking who you want to fight. It really makes me sick to see what the ufc has become. Dont get me wrong i love watching mma. I just hate how it is now with most all of the champions basically picking and choosing who they want to fight and holding out because they want more money.

Max Holloway in my opinion is the true definition of an mma champion. You NEVER hear him complain about money, He will fight ANYONE anytime to prove he is the baddest man on the planet. He is such a respectful guy and more ufc fighters should take note. I wish he was the pov king, he sure as shit deserves it! People wonder why mma cards are doing shitty ppv numbers and all the ufc has to do is look in the mirror for letting their fighters get away with this ish!

OK sorry fellas rant over.

Yes, he is a real champion.

Back