News Max broke the record for significant strikes in a fight

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Holloway landed 290 significant strikes and the fight didn't even go into the 5th round. Everybody talks about his cardio and for good reason. I always wondered if he could keep up that kind of pace for 5 rds but now I have no doubts, the dude is a beast.

Imagine how Conor would have taken 290 strikes.
He would have gassed out in 3 rounds

Edit: okay, okay He would gas in the 2nd!
<Fedor23><36>

Last edited:
Imagine how Conor would have taken 290 strikes.
He would have gassed out in 3 rounds

I'm a Conor fan but he'd gas out even sooner. Conor has suspect cardio and Max has some of, if not the best cardio, in all of MMA. I think a rematch between the two would go completely different.

I think it's more like Ortega broke the record for taking the most significant strikes in a fight.

God damn is he tough. I think anyone else at 145 is gone long before the 4th round.

Conor already tooled Max with one knee. Kid was helpless there
Matt Serra won the first fight with Gsp but got obliterated in the second.
Max vs Conor goes the same way. Max is a much much better fighter. Conor is no better now than he was in the first fight. Conor can't finish max and in the 4th and 5th he will gas. Easily a win for max.

Max just proves how much of a GOAT Conor is.

Conor already tooled Max with one knee. Kid was helpless there
Max is 13-0 since 2013
Conor is 7-2 since 2013
I think it goes a bit differently this time.
Conor is frightened to cut to 45 again and frightened max is willing to go to 155.
Conor don't want none.

Matt Serra won the first fight with Gsp but got obliterated in the second.
Max vs Conor goes the same way. Max is a much much better fighter. Conor is no better now than he was in the first fight. Conor can't finish max and in the 4th and 5th he will gas. Easily a win for max.
Dude. Max won stand up battle against Brian Ortega, guy who was outstruck by Clay fucking Guida for majority of the fight until that knee landed at last second.

I think it's more like Ortega broke the record for taking the most significant strikes in a fight.

God damn is he tough. I think anyone else at 145 is gone long before the 4th round.

But every time Ortega threw something, all the announcers tried to make it sound like it was an even fight. It was embarrassing to listen to.

Dude. Max won stand up battle against Brian Ortega, guy who was outstruck by Clay fucking Guida for majority of the fight until that knee landed at last second.
Yes he did exactly what he should have done. He will tool Conor too.

Maybe those punches are not that significant. Unless its a kd, ko or a punch that wobbled your opponent - how do you define the rest as signigcant?

All of Max's wins boost Conor credentials and you know it ;)

One win doesn’t define a GOAT. But two thoroughly convincing losses IN A FIGHTER’S PRIME, is a virtual disqualifier—especially if one of those losses is at the hands of an 11 loss fighter.

Conor never belonged in the GOAT discussion, and everyone other than his delusional fans knew this. Now you guys are praying that he never has to face Ferguson or Lee, because you know that he is a very good fighter—but not a great one.

Back