Mauro Ranallo Aims to Reach an Important Audience With Documentary on His Bipolar Disorder

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
Boxing broadcaster shares with us his personal life.

By GREG BISHOP
May 18, 2018
Mauro Ranallo is shirtless and angst-ridden and rubbing his temples with both hands, while sitting inside his Las Vegas hotel room in May of 2015. He’s talking to himself. He wants to rule, he says, wants to be the best ever.

It’s the greatest night of his professional broadcasting career. He has just finished calling the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight for Showtime, giving voice to the most watched pay-per-view in boxing history. There’s a camera in the room, and it’s rolling, capturing Ranallo as he shifts from elated to apoplectic. He’s doubting his performance and hating himself for doubting it, for not valuing this moment, which was three decades of hard work and hospitalizations in the making. He’s saying to himself, “Wow, dude, I’m really a prisoner of my own f------ mind and if I can’t appreciate tonight I’m going to kill myself.” There’s a long pause. And, scene.

read more here https://www.si.com/boxing/2018/05/17/mauro-ranallo-bipolar-disorder-documentary-mental-health

He has a great voice for commetating but comes up with some pretty dumb lines.

I think you're jumping him to the head of a list over a lot of guys more deserving.
As far as boxing goes I’m sure that’s true. I’m a fan of Mauro going back to Pride and K-1 though so I’m biased.

Gotta love Mauro, GOAT commentator.
Mauro's best work is definitely in WWE. His style is perfect for pro wrestling but I'll never forget him losing his shit when Randleman KO'd Cro Cop.

I still always love his enthusiasm even if his puns outside wrestling can be a little much.

He is a better boxing commentator than he was an MMA commentator. He really didn't understand fuck all about grappling when he did MMA, he was awful. Boxing seems something he seems to at least understand.

As far as boxing goes I’m sure that’s true. I’m a fan of Mauro going back to Pride and K-1 though so I’m biased.
He's OK and getting better but the difference is pretty apparent when he's commentating alongside Al Bernstein.

Back