Mauricio Sillyman upset HBO blocked his WBC INTERIM belt for Salido vs Roman

Sakuraba7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
WBC Prez Slams HBO: They Prevented Salido-Roman Title Fight!
http://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-prez-slams-hbo-they-prevented-salido-roman-title-fight--123062

The abuse of power has once again hit our sport in a dramatic way as Orlando Salido and Micky Roman will be prevented from accomplishing their dream of winning the WBC title due to a decision taken by a man sitting behind a desk and mandating terms of their bout.

HBO has mandated their fight to be only for 10 rounds.

The promoters have no say in the matter and simply take the orders from the power force of the sport, the TV Network.

Tom Loeffler, Fernando Beltran and Oswaldo Kuchle simply have to bow down and remain quiet and accept to go against the essence of our sport, I wonder how will they look into the eyes of their fighters to explain that they will not be competing for the WBC green belt, that their fight is a simple 10 round fight with no meaning whatsoever. It will be like watching a pre season game of the NFL.

HBO will be airing a 10 round main event next Saturday night from Las Vegas Mandalay Bay.

The WBC will not disrespect the sport and sanction a world title fight for 10 rounds, that would have been easy to do and join the bandwagon, but the WBC Board would not favor such as there is no real explanation of the change from 12 to 10.

The WBC accepted a request for Salido to fight Miguel Berchelt in a title defense of the WBC super featherweight championship, the fight was accepted by HBO. Then, when Berchelt injured his hand, the WBC in support of the card, accepted to sanction a fight for the WBC interim title between Salido and Roman.

I am very sorry for Salido as he has expressed countless times his dream of becoming WBC champion, I am very sorry for Roman who has done the same and I am very sorry for boxing as a main championship fight has been downgraded to a 10 round fight with nothing at stake.

At first I read this OP-ED and thought why would HBO do this?...then I read further and realized, its fucking Mauricio Sillyman™ trying to push another phoney title and now he's mad he can't!

latest

Blame the fighters who continue to pay the fees for these belts. If I could sell fighters a belt, I would too.

lol.... like it's ANYBODY's dream to be an interim anything.

lol.... like it's ANYBODY's dream to be an interim anything.
I don't know man. I wouldn't mind having an interim title. Well assuming it was an actual interim title that would set up a fight with the champ and not some 3rd tier belt that was only there for the santioning fee.

I wouldn’t mind having an interim title as long as I didn’t have to fight scrubs for ages and pay sanctioning fees while the champ fights whoever the fuck they want which seems to be wbc policy.

I wouldn’t mind having an interim title as long as I didn’t have to fight scrubs for ages and pay sanctioning fees while the champ fights whoever the fuck they want which seems to be wbc policy.

They just announced they're trying to stop that with Adonis Stevenson...but judging by the replies here, folks here don't like the news. Its about time Stevenson fights his mandatory. Or better yet, if Alvarez (also under Haymon) doesn't want it, the WBC should give it to the next person in line. The rankings become pointless, and foreign fighters/new prospects are FUCKED, when a champ doesn't want to fight his contenders.

Last edited:
Blame the fighters who continue to pay the fees for these belts. If I could sell fighters a belt, I would too.

I do see your point. But belts mean recognition. People get the word "champ" even if there are four of them (at least in each weight class). So, I agree with you, but at the same time, so many things elevate for a fighter when they become champ (even if it means fees, too).

The fuck is "the WBC green belt"?

It takes a real asshole to say that because a fight isn't for a belt it's just...

"a simple 10 round fight with no meaning whatsoever. It will be like watching a pre season game of the NFL."

Fuck these crooks with there 64 color crayon box of belts made just to suck fees out of the guys in the ring doing something.

Back