Mauricio Shogun Rua Vs Quinton Jackson

Those last three soccer kicks to finish him off was so vicious. Shogun with soccer kicks allowed would have been something else in the UFC. He threw them so recklessly and was still so fluid with them. IMO best LHW we've ever seen.

Even with soccer kicks he doesn't get past JJ. Still I'd love to see it!

Page got destroyed back then. Really wanted to see the rematch in the UFC. But Forrest ruined that then took the 205 belt from Rampage.

Watching from webcam is twice as brutal. Rampage got ass raped by Chute-boxe in Pride

Rampage would probably come in all kinds of chubby and get decisioned in a boring fight.

Would like to see them fight again i don't think Shogun got lucky but I do agree that Rampage would knock him out now

DC, Gus, and Rumble all would beat the absolute shit out of Shogun at any point in his career.
Gus barely scraped by a past it Shogun. If it weren't for Gus's amazing chin, it would have been night night. Shogun was landing some heavy shots.

Rumble would get beat up just like Rampage, if it was 2005 Shogun. One thing you have to remember is, Shogun's chin is rated with the all time greats and is fearless, and Rumble crumbles to people like that.

DC, now that's a match I'd love to see, the two best LHW's ever.

About the same time Rampage Destroyed Lidell

Thanks for posting that. The golden era of mma. If I could ask Shogun 1 question it would be why he has chosen to abandon his thai boxing that made him so scary in the first place.

Shogun was a fucking savage back then!

If my memory is correct, Rampage had an injured rib and couldn't do anything after the initial onslaught.

Rampage claiming an injured rib before the fight for me sounds VERY fishy, I mean there are some injuries fighters might think they can get away with but surely nobody would go into a fight with a broken rib?

Shogun breaking his rib fairly early though does probably example why it was such a one sided fight though and Jackson was on the defensive after that point and obviously very vulnerable to more knees to the body.

As far as saying Jackson was off form I think people undervalue Ninja at that point personally, early in in his career he was a very credible LHW who many felt beat Hendo as well.

Gus barely scraped by a past it Shogun. If it weren't for Gus's amazing chin, it would have been night night. Shogun was landing some heavy shots.

Rumble would get beat up just like Rampage, if it was 2005 Shogun. One thing you have to remember is, Shogun's chin is rated with the all time greats and is fearless, and Rumble crumbles to people like that.

DC, now that's a match I'd love to see, the two best LHW's ever.
Gus absolutely dominated Shogun. Shogun landed 4 punches in the first round compared to Gus's 20+, almost all of his significant strikes in that fight came in the form of leg kicks that did no damage (though I'll admit caught him pretty clean a couple times with his extremely telegraphed wild punches, but Gus wasn't hurt in the slightest and didn't even end the fight with a bruise). Shogun got dominated in the striking and in the grappling.

Rumble ACTUALLY only crumbles to DC/great grapplers. Shogun was a good grappler but there is a 0% chance he's taking down LHW Rumble for an extended period of time if at all, if Phil Davis and Ryan Bader couldn't do it, Shogun sure as hell couldn't. And as you know if you can't take down Rumble, you're gonna get slept or beat the fuck up and it's not like Shogun is notoriously known for his chin, it was pretty average.

DC would put Shogun on his back so fast it wouldn't even be funny, and even if he didn't he would walk him down and box him up. He's way too strong and big for Shogun.
I wanna live in the pride days just as much as the next guy but come on get real, all of these guys beat Rua 95 times out of 100.

Rampage claiming an injured rib before the fight for me sounds VERY fishy, I mean there are some injuries fighters might think they can get away with but surely nobody would go into a fight with a broken rib?

Shogun breaking his rib fairly early though does probably example why it was such a one sided fight though and Jackson was on the defensive after that point and obviously very vulnerable to more knees to the body.

As far as saying Jackson was off form I think people undervalue Ninja at that point personally, early in in his career he was a very credible LHW who many felt beat Hendo as well.
Rampage said that both losses too Sakuraba and Shogun was Personal issuess,he was messed up,week excuse ! He took the fights

Gus absolutely dominated Shogun. Shogun landed 4 punches in the first round compared to Gus's 20+, almost all of his significant strikes in that fight came in the form of leg kicks that did no damage (though I'll admit caught him pretty clean a couple times with his extremely telegraphed wild punches, but Gus wasn't hurt in the slightest and didn't even end the fight with a bruise). Shogun got dominated in the striking and in the grappling.

Rumble ACTUALLY only crumbles to DC/great grapplers. Shogun was a good grappler but there is a 0% chance he's taking down LHW Rumble for an extended period of time if at all, if Phil Davis and Ryan Bader couldn't do it, Shogun sure as hell couldn't. And as you know if you can't take down Rumble, you're gonna get slept or beat the fuck up and it's not like Shogun is notoriously known for his chin, it was pretty average.

DC would put Shogun on his back so fast it wouldn't even be funny, and even if he didn't he would walk him down and box him up. He's way too strong and big for Shogun.
I wanna live in the pride days just as much as the next guy but come on get real, all of these guys beat Rua 95 times out of 100.
I thought Shogun and Gus where 1-1 going into the last round,u might wanna rewatch that 1

I think the part where he's covering up his rib, is clearly in paralysing pain, and then yells to his corner 'I broke my rib' may give it away but clearly you know this sport really well so maybe not.
But rampage told his corner during the fight he couldn't breed,and Shogun attacked those ribs from the get-go

Back