Mauler is pissed about jones incident

CentroX

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
"I want an explanation. The media have it easy to roll with things, I want more evidence. I would have liked to meet him, but if he has been taking illegal substances and all the tests confirm that, then we will take it from there, "says The Mauler to Expressen.

He throws away everything he built. It did him before, but then he came back and dominated again. It was amazing to see. And then it will turn out like this again. This all ruins. It's sad for him, it's sad for the sport, it's boring for everyone involved, says Gustafsson and

Last edited:
Clean Jones would have got KTFO by Gus.

TlK63ECjlcvyYA0Y0Te.gif

dmgsb2n.jpg

He probably is pissed, but that comment definitely doesn't come across as it.

he will prob get a shot at vacant title, against DC(if he's ready) or Volkan.
so he still gets a title shot...
giphy.gif

Another salty butthurt Jones fan who can´t except his hero is the biggest fraud ever and only beat Gus because of steroids. Hilarious.

Steroids are cool, going to prison for aggravated assault on a prego woman is not.

He probably is pissed, but that comment definitely doesn't come across as it.
I'm not sure how much anger gets conveyed when you're reading an interview transcript that's been run through Google translate.

Another salty butthurt Jones fan who can´t except his hero is the biggest fraud ever and only beat Gus because of steroids. Hilarious.
Yup, because we all know that once a fighter takes steroids he always immediately dominates and wins every fight!
(also, it's "accept")

Yup, because we all know that once a fighter takes steroids he always immediately dominates and wins every fight!
(also, it's "accept")
Oh, I see, so now steroids don´t give you any advantage, and Jones was only doing it his entire career because he likes to get years of suspension and screw his career. Now I know not to take you seriously. (but thanks for the spelling tip)
vitor-belfort-rockhold-1.gif

Gus knows his chance of battering Jones again is likely gone.

USADA Jones would get KO'd

I took the liberty to clarify the interview a bit. Gustafsson doesn't seem to be that pissed, more disappointed. On a side note I'm very hopeful: the social context of a swede being fairly objective in criticism but eager to fight is a good sign of confidence and being in the right frame of mind. This is something that Gustafsson has been lacking since his loss to Rumble, and combined with the win over Texeira it seems he is on the right track mentally.

- "It fucking sucks if it's true. We'll see what happens. This sucks. It never stops with this guy. I'm not at all surprised" Gustafsson says.

- "He's throwing away his legacy. He's done it before, but he came back and dominated. It was impressive to see. And then this shit again. It ruins everything. It sucks for him, it sucks for the sport, it sucks for everyone involved."

- "We'll see when the b-sample comes back. If he used steroids, I think he should retire. He keeps fucking up. He ruins the sport, he ruins it for the fans, it's sad to witness" says Gustafsson, who does not seem to be ready to fully dismiss Jones.

- "I want an explanation. Media has a tendency to run with things, I want more proof. I would have loved to fight him, but if he used PEDs and all the tests confirm it, we will have to deal with the situation then."

So you still hope it's not true?

- "Yes, absolutely."

Back