Mattis delays transgender ban

I spent 8 years in the Marine Corps, and no I never served, as far I am aware, with anyone who was transgender. You're also right that it's a political issue largely pushed by people who aren't and never will serve in the Military. At least achknowledge that it is coming from both sides of the aisle.

As to the negative impact it can have on the military, I see a number of issues. For instance, if you are a biological man who wants to become a woman, you need, from what I understand, daily hormone treatments. You need regular doctor's visits. How does that work if your unit is in the field? Infantry units spend large portions of thier time in the field, training. How are you a functioning member of that unit capable of fulfilling a task in combat if you're never there to train for said task? The reason infantry units are so close is because of camaraderie built through shared hardships. How do you build that if you're never there? Simply going to BAS for any reason is seen as the easy way out of something, even it's for something as simple as missing morning PT. Now take that and apply it to someone who is missing PT and training every single day and can't deploy because of something that will be seen, justifiably in my opinion, as sought out special treatment, on top of the fact that it is far, far from being universally accepted socially, much less from a pschological persepctive.

Secondly, how do you handle this person who can't train and can't deploy? Are they to be expected to be promoted through the ranks of an infantry squad/platoon as if they were a normal, functioning member of the unit fulfilling their roles and obligations? Are they to be placed in a leadership billiet that they can't perform? That represents a structural breakdown of the Marine Corps at a fundamental level, all based around the special needs of a single individual. That's something that is not only unacceptable in any branch of the military, especially any combat arms, but flies directly in the face of Marine Corps ideology since it's foundations.

Yes, it's both sides of the isle but I see one side as trying to help a group of people and the other trying to suppress them. I think that is the big difference I see in situations like this.

You do bring up good points. I don't believe the majority of the treatment is that intrusive and most hormone therapy is by pill, not injection. I don't believe the standards for any MOS/AFSC should be changes to enable someone who cannot met those standards to serve. Nothing should be done to lower standards.

That said, if someone who is trans can meet all standards do you still think they should not be able to serve?

Rip is like one of those really dull people who go "I ain't racist but (insert something incredibly racist)" people. My girl has a female friend like that and the chick is overall dumb as a box of rocks. Seriously one of the most dull people I've ever met. Like she's too slow to realize how racist she is.

Rips not racist he just wishes the blacks would act more like decent hard working white people.

Trump has probably talked to the military when he made the decision. And it is the right decision.

The issues they need to discuss is how to get rid of the transgenders that Obama put in the military in the last year.

Transgenders in the military was a problem to nobody until Trump bitched about it. It's amazing, he creates a problem out of thin air, and people still, to this day, fall for it hook line and sinker.

Transgenders in the military was a problem to nobody until Trump bitched about it. It's amazing, he creates a problem out of thin air, and people still, to this day, fall for it hook line and sinker.
It is a problem. Soldier Bradley Manning got a sex change surgery paid for by the govt. We should not pay for those.

Also, do you sleep these trannies with the men or the women?

Also, nearly half of them are suicidal. It's not a demographic that you want in a war.

We need to get the trannies out of the military before there are more of them and it's a bigger problem.

It is a problem. Soldier Bradley Manning got a sex change surgery paid for by the govt. We should not pay for those.

Also, nearly half of them are suicidal. It's not a demographic that you want in a war.

We need to get the trannies out of the military before there are more of them and it's a bigger problem.

These really are awful arguments and complaints.

Bradley Manning's surgery cost a fraction of a single missile. If your taxpayer money getting wasted is an issue to you, your outrage is pointed at the wrong things.

I have not heard a single military official talk about the risks of what barracks to house transgenders. Like with gays, it turns out the only thing the military cares about is your combat effectiveness.

I'll give you the suicide point, however, I have yet to hear a higher up in any military branch complain about this. It seems like when transgenders are in the military, they're kind of focused on military shit.

.000833% of the military might be trans. Big problem.... Stop making it seem like it's going to have some massive affect on mission. It's not. It's mathematically impossible. These are facts, you can't argue with math.

I agree, military should not pay for elective procedures. The member should have to pay out of pocket for anything like this.

.000833% of the military might be trans. Big problem.... Stop making it seem like it's going to have some massive affect on mission. It's not. It's mathematically impossible. These are facts, you can't argue with math.

I agree, military should not pay for elective procedures. The member should have to pay out of pocket for anything like this.
I know the tranny percentage is small. But if you put 1 tranny with 20 other guys, it can effect the 20 other guys. And then it's a big problem. What if the tranny blows his head off cause he didn't get his depression medication out on the battlefield? And someone was counting on him to do his job?

Trannies in the military is not something we should experiment with.

These really are awful arguments and complaints.

Bradley Manning's surgery cost a fraction of a single missile. If your taxpayer money getting wasted is an issue to you, your outrage is pointed at the wrong things.

I have not heard a single military official talk about the risks of what barracks to house transgenders. Like with gays, it turns out the only thing the military cares about is your combat effectiveness.

I'll give you the suicide point, however, I have yet to hear a higher up in any military branch complain about this. It seems like when transgenders are in the military, they're kind of focused on military shit.
I understand Obama and you guys on the left see no problem with tranny soldiers. But these people are high maintenance people that would be a drain on the military.

Our military should not be a social justice experiment.

I understand Obama and you guys on the left see no problem with tranny soldiers. But these people are high maintenance people that would be a drain on the military.

There is one group that disagrees with you: Our military leadership.

This was never a problem until Trump spouted off in deflection about it.

There is one group that disagrees with you: Our military leadership.

This was never a problem until Trump spouted off in deflection about it.
Our military leaders don't want tranny soldiers. That was an Obama social justice experiment put in place in the last year or two.

I know the tranny percentage is small. But if you put 1 tranny with 20 other guys, it can effect the 20 other guys. And then it's a big problem. What if the tranny blows his head off cause he didn't get his depression medication out on the battlefield? And someone was counting on him to do his job?

Trannies in the military is not something we should experiment with.

If it's small problem they stop talking like it's a major problem. It's not. They way Trump & his followers try to frame the issue is that allowing trans people to serve will have major affects on mission readiness. I've shown though facts/math that this is not the case and in fact is impossible. Stop spreading bullshit.

So is the issue the person being trans or them having depression? It's the depression or mental issue that would cause the problem, not them being trans. Since that's the case, your stance should be people with mental issues that are severe should not serve which is already the case. Therefore the point you presented is moot.

So my question to you is, if someone comes out as trans, can perform the same duty as others in their MOS/AFSC, does not suffer from mental illness that is deemed to impend the mission or endanger their fellow brothers/sisters in arms, do you think they should be able to serve?

So my question to you is, if someone comes out as trans, can perform the same duty as others in their MOS/AFSC, does not suffer from mental illness that is deemed to impend the mission or endanger their fellow brothers/sisters in arms, do you think they should be able to serve?
Good luck finding a transgender that doesn't have mental illness and depression. And that's not taking medications for it.

Of course some retired miliary are gonna cave to political correctness. They want to keep their civilian jobs and not be demonized by the LGBTQ and the media.

Do you not take veterans and military officials at their words? Kind of disrespectful.

Please prove your assertion, that military officials have a huge problem with transgender personnel.........

Do you not take veterans and military officials at their words? Kind of disrespectful.

Please prove your assertion, that military officials have a huge problem with transgender personnel.........
I can't prove it. All I can say is that most leaders and no nonsense kind of guys don't want to mess with mentally ill or transgenders on their team. They have too many problems emotionally, mentally and physically.

Once again .0000833% of the military may be trans. Stop making it come off like this is a drain on the military. It's not.

Once again .0000833% of the military may be trans. Stop making it come off like this is a drain on the military. It's not.
And 1 mentally ill person can effect 20 other men. Then it becomes a big problem for 20 other men.

Back