matt mitrione finally answers question mma fans around the world have

Mitriones a good dude. I wish the winner of this torurney could face stipe but we'll have to settle for dc haha.

I like Matt a lot - comes off genuine, thoughtful, and particularly intelligent - but he's one of the more overrated fighters unanimously.

I think meathead is smarter than he sounds at least. Does he still walk out to Simple Man by Skynyrd? It suits him.

Ngannou
Overeem
Werdum
Cain
Blaydes

I don't see room for Matt anywhere.

How is Cain still ranked?

It’s usual for fighters to be removed from rankings due to inactivity

Cain has to be one of the most overrated fighters of all time

Love how you include Cain like he’s actively fighting and KO’ing guys on the regular

And what makes you think Overeem would whoop his ass? Matt’s got good hands and could actually KO him.

Not saying he’s the best HW out there but you can’t act like he sucks. His losses to Browne and Rothwell weren’t like he got dominated.

Too bad we will never get to see Mitrione vs Overeem.. That would've been a good fight

Ngannou
Overeem
Werdum
Cain
Blaydes

I don't see room for Matt anywhere.

Cain??? Blaydes?? Lmao!

tenor.gif

Love how you include Cain like he’s actively fighting and KO’ing guys on the regular

And what makes you think Overeem would whoop his ass? Matt’s got good hands and could actually KO him.

Not saying he’s the best HW out there but you can’t act like he sucks. His losses to Browne and Rothwell weren’t like he got dominated.

I think Overeem would take it by takedown and probably submit him, Alistair is good on the ground but he uses it so rarely but he could take Mitrione down if Roy can. I saw the fight and i felt he was good at defending the first shot but if you kept on him he gave up the takedown, and he doesnt have good power for a HW, Reems chin is gone but if he fights someone with only ok power he wont get knocked out like in the Werdum fight.

I think meathead is smarter than he sounds at least. Does he still walk out to Simple Man by Skynyrd? It suits him.
Ya. I was there last night. Walkout song is still Simple Man. PERFECT.
I think Mitrione totally won the Nelson fight. Crowd was waaaay pro-nelson and boo'd the decision like crazy. But Matt controlled first 2 rounds with much better striking. Even though Nelson took him down in each of the first 2 rounds, he did nothing and pretty much layed on him. 3rd round Nelson took convincingly, but i didn't think it was a 10-8 round. Got Mitrione in a crucifix and peppered him with pitty-pat punches. Reminded me of when he beat Kimbo on TUF. Trapped him and fed him short punches until they called it. At this level, Nelson should know that won't stop a fight. At this point, Nelson is LITERALLY a one hit wonder. He's done if he doesn't land the right hand quickly.
Mitrione fought smart and accurate. Wish he'd improve his ground game. In a world of D-bag mouthpiece fighters, he's a breath of fresh air. Stipe and Mitrione are the class of their division.
BTW, I think MO is gonna knock out Bader and Mitrione is gonna knock out MO. I'm calling a rematch of Fedor vs Mitrione in the final. Ending with similar results.

I was going to watch Bellator today but thankfully now I don't have to as the results have been spoiled for me in the UFC forum.
Probably the wrong place to be if you wanted to avoid MMA news.

You mean a guy who barely got by Roy Nelson in 2018 isnt hte best HW in the world? I'm shocked.

I was going to watch Bellator today but thankfully now I don't have to as the results have been spoiled for me in the UFC forum.

You've been around here long enough to know that you need to stay off of Sherdog If you want to watch a card the net day.

I don’t think any MMA fans questioned that....

No way! You mean to tell me if Chael Sonnen wins this tournament he isn't the best HW in the world?
I want Chael to win this simply because I want to see the outlandish Things he would say afterwards!

Back