Matt Hughes released a movie about his recovery.

Wow. I had no idea his head injuries were that serious. He doesn't even act or sound like himself any more. I genuinely hope he continues to improve.

Same, not heard him speak since the accident until now, it was a shock for sure.

All I can say is ...... War Matt Hughes

He seems upbeat, sucks to see him like that though.

WAR Matt Hughes! I really hope he continues to make strides of recovery. I have no idea what type of medical procedures he had to go through, but I'm hoping he has more room for improvement. I've seen this happen to many people that have had an extreme TBI and it's saddening to see this happen to a legend. On a good note he still looks pretty jacked and you can tell he still has a sense of humor!

War Hughes!. I will 100% watch that movie, sounds like it will be very emotional.

Shit man. I had no clue it had that effect on him. I just assumed that strong sob was fine afterward. But having a positive outlook is key, and it seems that he has that.

Headline is wrong. Matt Hughes did not release a movie about his recovery, the UFC did

I am sure that he will recover much more as time goes by. He gained some weight back.

His slam KO on Newton was literally one of the first highlights I ever saw like 10 or so years ago that got me interested in mma. Honestly still feels like yesterday he was fighting in the octagon, hope he makes a full recovery.

Wish Matt all the best.....life can sux donkey dick sometimes

No expert but I’m a social worker who’s seen peeps like him and from what I understand the first 6-12 months are a good barometer and indication of how he will be the rest of his life as far as his physical and neurological capabilities . This may be the best we will see him which is sad but at least he’s walking , talking and more jacked than me .

Dam, hard to see Hughes like that. Hope things improve for him.

Headline is wrong. Matt Hughes did not release a movie about his recovery, the UFC did
Shut up dude. Only a shertard to come in and shit on a positive post. Like the only peace we get on here.
<{hughesimpress}>

War Matt!

This is heart breaking.

Anyone know what the long term prognosis is?

He looks ok until he opens his mouth. Didn't realize it was this bad. :(

"If a country boy gets hit by a train, well a country boy can survive! Country boys can survive!!!"

Back