Matt Hughes fights with tapout member in store

Still a pro compared to a Tapout member... :p
True, but his kicking technique remains shit ^^ Has more to do with the Tapout member's complete lack of experience in taking kicks than it does anything else, imho.

lol the constant laughing is hilarious.

Hughes was one strong farm boy

THIS JUST IN:

AL CAPONE HITS BIG CITY!!

GODZILLA DESTROYS TOKYO!!

Extra, extra, read all about it!!

old-news.jpg

haha, I wouldn't expect Matt Hughes to kick me with his shoes on. Has he ever thrown a kick in a fight? I would fully expect him to tackle me and submit my ass though.

Really? K-1 Hughes wasn't that long ago was it?

I feel old.

Really? K-1 Hughes wasn't that long ago was it?

I feel old.
I haven't watched any of his fights in a long ass time. I'm sure he's thrown some, I just don't remember.

Yea fuck them for sponsoring fighters when nobody else would.
just because they did 1 good thing doesn't mean theyre not a bunch of cringey cucks. theyre like that uncle who molested you growing up, but also put you through college

Sean Mccorkle's summary of his book reveals what a douche Hughes was.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/UnderGround/McCorkles-Matt-Hughes-Book-Review:1691049-1

"I just bought a copy of Matt Hughes book, and am in 3 chapters already. It is borderline unbelievable. I figured from all the FRAT postings that not everyone on the UG is a big reader, so I'm doing you all a favour. I'm reading it for you and providing a synopsis, chapter by chapter. As astounding as some of this sounds, everything I post is actually in the book. Here it goes:

Chapter 1

Matt talks about growing up on a farm, and what repulsive little brats he and Mark were growing up. To this day, he thinks their childhood "mischief" like breaking shit all the time, being disobedient to their parents, and being cruel to animals is funny. After reading chapter one, you'll find yourself thinking, "Somebody should have beat those kids asses"

Chapter 2

Matt talks about how he and Mark virtually hated each other in jr. high, and high school. He also talks about how he was better, and smarter than Mark at everything.

Chapter 3

Things take a very interesting turn in chapter 3 when Mark and Matt's father has the balls to scold Mark for riding a motorcycle without a helmet. Without letting him finish, the Hughes brothers, physically attack their father, and beat the shit out of him, finally showing him who's boss. Later Mark threatens to throw his mom out of a window or something like that when she's stupid enough to correct him. Not surprisingly the family splits up.

Chapter 4

Matt cheats his way through college getting A's in classes he proudly says he never attended. He and the other wrestlers bully everybody at Lincoln Junior College, and break a bunch of shit. They tip over people's cars, and flood the dorms on purpose. We reach a new low, when he also makes light of the fact that one of his college buddies could not read or write. He then takes time to bash Frank Trigg, saying that he "never became anything."

Later it gets even more disturbing when he describes mutilating a live baby piglet by cutting off it's testicles, and throwing them at a friend. For good measure he slits it's stomach open as it screams wildly to "freak his friend out." After he and Mark brutally torture and kill a dozen or so baby pigs, solely for entertainment, they starts throwing their testicles and body parts at each other. Matt even now still seems amused because his friend looked like he was going to vomit.

A family member shoots himself over a girl, and Matt skips the funeral decided to go to a wrestling meet instead. After getting drunk one night they take a bunch of girls "swimming" in some sort of pond/rain water/sewer runoff. There is a whirlpool that's formed in the sewage pond, and Matt and 2 other drunk college kids get caught in the current. Matt pulls himself out but the 2 other kids drowned. He talks about how God saved him.(apparently God hated the other 2 drunk college kids) They feel so sorry for the 2 kids that died, that the same night the go out and get drunk again, and look for girls. They end up at a house party, and are having no luck with the girls, so they started eating food from the cabinets and refrigerator. When confronted by the home's owner, they throw him through a window, and leave before the cops get there. Matt then starts fighting MMA and kicking everyone's ass easily. Pat Miletich refs one of Matt's fights, and is so impressed he invites him to train with them.

On a side note, for a guy who's disgusted by the language Serra uses, I've counted 14 curse words to this point in the book.

I forgot in Chapter 4, him and Mark both make-out with the same 8th grade girl while they are in college. Why he would include that I have no idea. It had nothing to do with the story.

Chapter 5

Chapter 5 is mostly uneventful, just talks about his first fight in Japan, and so on. He does manage to say "I would have done anything for a country breakfast in Japan" which did nauseate me momentarily. The end of the chapter starts picking up momentum when at Mark's wedding, the boys snub their dad, not allowing him in the family photos. Later, after getting completely plastered they beat the shit out of their new in-laws at the wedding reception, and the entire event turns into what Matt calls "A Battle Royal."

Chapter 6

This chapter should have been titled "I am such a badass." Matt misses no opportunity to pat himself on the back for his fights. He talks about steamrolling everybody. Later Matt shows his utter lack of character when he divulges that he guilt-tripped a fellow mitetich guy into letting him win a grappling match at the Abu Dhabis so he could get the bonus money for fastest submission. The guy fakes like Matt submitted him, earning Matt $1,500 for fastest submission. The way Hughes rationalized it was "The winner faced Tito Ortiz, and we both knew I was the only one that would have a chance against him." He admits Tito beat him in the grappling match, but remembers being surprised at how much stronger he was than Tito. He basically says Tito got lucky in beating him. More later on.

Chapter 7

Matt talks about how he and Jens Pulver used to belittle new members at the Miletich gym. He talks about how they both made fun of and ignored a fat kid who was seemingly in awe of them. That fat kid was Tim Sylvia. He talks about how the UFC temporarily released him "by mistake." He finished the chapter by divulging that he likes to eat at Hooters, and he knocked up the gym skank, who he describes as having "nice boobs, even though they were fake" and "her hips were a little too wide for his taste." Apparently not to wide to impregnate.

Chapter 8

Matt starts this chapter by sexually assaulting the aforementioned 8th grader, who's now 21, in public at a grocery store. Or "Smacking her on the ass" as he called it. Matt notices that her body is "tighter" now that she's grown up, and not the same 13 year old he'd made out with in college. For some reason Matt immediately tells her that he knocked his girlfriend up, and seems utterly outraged that she has decided she's
keeping the baby.

After making it back to her parents house he again begins fondling her on the couch by reaching through a hole in her jeans. He goes on to describe how he noticed she didn't shave her legs that day. (At this point I started to wonder if I mistakenly was reading Penthouse Forum or something.)

The story line changes out of nowhere and Matt begins describing how an opponent who he was mauling once whispered to him to "take the arm," or in other words, I've had enough, please just arm-bar me, and leave me a little dignity. Matt decided he wanted to "take out some more aggression", and continued to beat the shit out of him for another round.

Also, at the end of the chapter the victim of his sexual assault, for some reason I can't begin to fathom, breaks up with him."

Years ago I used to have about 4 or 5 guys that would come to my house for every PPV without fail. One of my buddies was a Christian Pastor.
He was a young guy and a big fight fan from the mid west.

Hughes was his favorite fighter because he was a farm boy "Christian".
I always thought Matt was a douche and would try to bring up some of his behavior as proof but all my friend heard was what he wanted to believe.

So friggin annoying that he could completely ignore some of the most "unchristian" like behavior because he wanted to believe he was a good Christian man.

Back