Matt Damon-Great Wall : Flops in the US.

I'm generally a Matt Damon fan but this movie did not interest me at all

who actually saw the film? Can anyone say if it was any good? Flop doesn't mean it isn't good. Just means a lack of interest.

I meant to say why it was allowed to screen in China. It made $90 mil in China.
You're right about that. It's also the reason The Ancient One in the Dr Strange movie was a Celtic instead of a Tibetan like the comic book. Hollywood was worried that China wouldn't screen it because of the Tibetan character.

Seems it had a decent showing in China even though it was $29million short of what the producers figured was needed to be considered a success.

" LOS ANGELES — In an embarrassment for Dalian Wanda Group, the Chinese conglomerate determined to become a global film superpower, its first mega-budget production, “The Great Wall,” fizzled in North American release over the weekend.

Costing at least $150 million to make and tens of millions more to market, “The Great Wall” arrived to an estimated $18 million in ticket sales in the United States and Canada, according to comScore, which compiles box office data. Perhaps worse, given that Wang Jianlin, Wanda’s chairman, told American movie executives in an October speech that they needed to “improve the quality” of their films, “The Great Wall” received largely negative reviews; several of the positive notices called the film too bizarre to miss. "

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/19/...opples-at-north-american-box-office.html?_r=0

So those of you who saw it: what say you?
I hope this really flops in China

Tired of these muther fucking white ppl in this asian muther fucking plane.

Not going to watch this but I didn't hate Warcraft

I don't speak for all asians, but I guess we really don't care about this cultural appropriation stuff. They're too busy having successful careers and being the highest income bracket. I said "they" because I'm still poor.
The persons on the web who started the criticism were Asians.

I don't think it is cultural appropriation or whitewashing because the movie was produced by Chinese. My guess is the Chinese producers went with Matt Damon in the lead because they figured a leading Hollywood actor = assured profit vs. taking a risk with a relatively unknown Chinese actor.

I hope this really flops in China

Tired of these muther fucking white ppl in this asian muther fucking plane.
Whites invented the plane though but a Chinese guy may have made the first glider but then a Chinese emperor probably killed the guy who made teh glider so he wouldn't render the Great Wall obsolete.

Why is this even a topic? Is this a surprise to someone? Damon clearly took a cash grab on a shit Chinese production. Obviously it will flop and make no dollars.

I was wondering why Damon did this film? Favor for someone?

They made a movie about "The Great Wall Of China" being built as a defense against dragons, and I'm supposed to blame the white guy for it flopping?

Why is this even a topic? Is this a surprise to someone? Damon clearly took a cash grab on a shit Chinese production. Obviously it will flop and make no dollars.

With a budget of $150 mil it has already made $224 mil overseas.

You would have thought he learned his lesson after Brothers Grimm. Damon doesn't do fantasy well.

Chinese audience likes shitty CGI heavy movies, especially involving giant robots or monsters.

Are there Asian people who can speak fluent English who have the talent and charisma to become the next Tom Cruise, Mark Wahlberg, Robert Redford, etc? Neither you nor I can name anyone so how do we know these people exist and are showing up for casting calls?

I find Bobby Lee vastly horrible, every since his days on MadTV, i've watched him still.

In any event, how he tells this, is pretty much what i hear from some american asians in hollywood

I'm just waiting for Matt Damon to star in The Martin Luther King story.....

I find Bobby Lee vastly horrible, every since his days on MadTV, i've watched him still.

In any event, how he tells this, is pretty much what i hear from some american asians in hollywood

Have you seen the joey diaz podcast where he said he sucked his friend's dick in middle school. Then claimed his not gay.

I dont get the outrage for Matt Damon starring in this movie. why should they cat an Asian actor to play a European mercenary named Bill Garin?

Back