Matt Brown Suffering From CTE

I wonder if CTE is just the result of fighters that make fighting being the most absolute most important thing in their life and they have very little identity outside of training and fighting all the time...When the reality of the daily grind and work ethic that has occurred for so many years just abruptly ends, it must be VERY hard to transition into normal life.

Look at a lot of the athletes that encounter this CTE diagnosis...MOST are at the end of their careers and are of advanced age....I know plenty of fighters that fought MANY fights and transitioned into normal life very well without issue....Igor Vov comes to mind.

I am no doctor and this is JUST MY OPINION is just a theory....It seems to always happen to a lot of high profile fighters. Very tough and big EGO fighters....Ali, Wandy, Diego Sanchez.

It is also baffling that some guys can take crazy punishment and remain clear headed as they age....Luck of the draw? Maybe!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK326717/

This isn’t pretty informative on the development. I did a research paper on CTE last semester for PA school.

I've had 4 'real' concussions in my life; 3 playing pick up football, where I was foggy the whole day, and 1 in a bad car accident. Flatlined, had surgery to remove blood from my brain.

My memory is horrible, to the point it's affecting my job. I'm really concerned what the future holds, glad I didn't pursue getting punched in the head for a living.

Probably 4 years sparring/taking hits. Also 2 really bad car/motorcycle wrecks that were pretty serious and concussive.

I still feel really sharp. I can process information just fine, learn just fine, all of that. But my medium-long term memory is nearly nonexistent. I forget everything from movies I REALLY enjoyed, in less than a month. Vacations I took a year ago, my memory of them for them most part is just fragments. Even if I had the most fun of my life.

Bro dont feel bad im like that with 0 combat sports training or concussions just a bit of reckless drug use in college lol also alot of people dont have that great of long term recall ability

At 1:05 his wifes eyes.....are those the real color or contacts? never seen that eye color.

I say real. They're what I would call "hazel" though there's plenty of variance in what some people consider that color. Several of my relatives have eyes very similar to that.

Concussions aren’t as hard to get as many make them seem. Just banging your head on the car door or bumping heads can do it. In the most layman of terms a concussion is any blow to the head that causes any symptoms.

Confession. I knocked myself out in eighth grade gym class. Not DURING class, but BEFORE class. I was the last one coming out of the locker room, and I jogged up to the doorway (concrete block, painted), and my uncoordinated* ass turned the corner too sharply, and hit my head. I was out for at least five seconds, and stunned for about a minute. I finally get up, dizzy and embarrassed, and go out, and the gym teacher is like "[real last name], what are you doin', fartin' around in there?"

* = my hands are extremely coordinated. I have been a semi-professional musician for decades.

Back