Mat Repair

TheMood

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
The mats at my school have the vinyl layer peeling off at the edges. Would it be possible to buy some adhesive and try to just glue the vinyl layer back on the padding? Has anyone done this or a similar repair previously?

We had the same issue. One of our guys is in the commercial construction business and had access to a Single Ply 60-mil roofing membrane. You can place it down in long strips side by side and fuse them with heat to create a single layer over the entire mat area. Its easy to clean and when wet from sweat, it doesn't get as slippery as other materials used. Been almost a year with constant use and shows almost no wear.

You could reach out to a commercial roofing contractor to see if they have remnants.

This is the material: EverGuard PVC 60

Thank you. We have someone in the school that should be able to help out with getting that material.

Even if you have brand new mats, you could place a layer of carpet padding between the mats and the membrane for added cushion.

What I like most is that there are no deep seams like there are between regular mats for Foreign Objects (hair, dried sweat, general funk, etc) to accumulate. I doubt that the average academy pulls up the mats annually to remove all that bio-hazard.

It only comes in white so you HAVE to mop it regularly. It brightens up the academy for sure.

Back