Masvidal makes official announcement

Live on Telemundo?

Jorge wins easy but I think the fight wont end up happening.
I don't know. He lost to Larkin, past-his-prime Bendo, Iaquinta, Khabilov, etc. He can be mediocre and downright passive at times. And Nick used to eat passive fighters for breakfast. At his best Nick was only losing to the elite (GSP, toss-up with prime Condit, etc.). But now, who knows?

Last edited:
Masvidal is good enough to be mid tier but mediocre enough for me to not give a shit about him

Depends which Masvidal shows up. He lost to Larkin, past-his-prime Bendo, Iaquinta, Khabilov, etc. He can be mediocre and downright passive at times. And Nick used to eat passive fighters for breakfast. At his best Nick was only losing to the elite (GSP, toss-up with prime Condit, etc.). But now, who knows?

nick been retired for 5 years and nick only win is vs bj penn in the ufc

So Nick holds out for years, saying this and that fight isn't big enough (he was even offered a title shot)... and he comes back to fight... Masvidal? wtf?

nick been retired for 5 years and nick only win is vs bj penn in the ufc

Sure, but Masvidal would also have lost to GSP, prime Condit and a much bigger Anderson Silva. Nick KO'd Daley (who beat Masvidal) and beat a bunch of other guys in SF. And I'm not a Nick fan, either. I've argued with others that he was overrated in the past, but he may be slept on here....if he's really training to fight.

Nick clowns for 3 rounds and loses by decision.

Lol the only thing that's scared of Nick Diaz right now is his phone. Darn thing probably takes a pounding with all the social media trash Diaz talks.
aryI7VI.gif

Nick fought last like a billion years ago

That said I’ve still got nick in this one

This is going to be a great fight. But it's really a bad matchup for Nick.

I'll believe it when I see it

5 to 10 years ago Nick would be an easy bet. Masvidal doesn't do well against other good, durable strikers who pressure him and land more shots. Gilbert Melendez beat him standing, and Nick's striking is certainly better than Gil's (not to mention Nick's taller with a longer reach).

But after Nick's super long layoff, all bets are off. Too many unknowns for me to pick a clear winner. If you put a gun to my head, I'd pick Nick based on the style match up, but I have no idea how much serious training Nick has done in the last few years.

Nick has been in shape his whole life though, it's his lifestyle to smoke weed and work out and do athletic shit all day everyday.

I love this fight! I hope it actually happens, please MMA Gods!

This better not be 3 rounds.

Masvidal is the sharper boxer, but I don't know if he'll get overwhelmed by the pressure and chin of Nick. I see both having moments, but Masvidal should edge it out.

I heard that Nick was in negotiations with the Where's Waldo line of products for his own sponsorship...

They tried making a "Where's Nick Diaz?" search and find book but Nick didn't show up for the photo shoot and readers got frustrated when they couldn't find him because he wasn't actually in the book.

Back