Masvidal is the most overrated and overranked active fighter on the roster

dude was 9-0 going into the Benson fight if you actually watched the fights. Khabilov 'loss' was worse than Iaquinta decision imo.

I can see a slight argument for giving Masvidal a 29-28 in that fight, but I think most would score that for Khabilov. 30-27 on two of three scorecards was a bit strange though.

He has 1 FOTN Bonus (that he got mainly because of Rustam Khabilov) and 2 POTN in 15 bouts.
Most of his split-decision victories or losses and his unanimous decisions are shit and full of coasting.
Lmao, and you still gonna have guys like Kamaru Usman and Renato Moicano in your sig? Talk about shit decisions... smh...

Now he has had a split decision loss against former middleweight And title challenger Maia And a loss against a 2 time title challenger in Wonderboy in a weightclass he’s too small for and all of the sudden he’s an awful fighter?

So he got rewarded with an even bigger fight after an embarassing loss to Demian Maia, and lost that one too.
That just goes to show that UFC somehow has a hard-on for this guy yet he fails to deliver. Who the fuck gets an even higher-ranked opponent after a loss?

Lmao, and you still gonna have guys like Kamaru Usman and Renato Moicano in your sig? Talk about shit decisions... smh...

I'm not calling them exciting super-skilled KO Artists, that's the difference. Also those guys actually have to win fights to get their spot in the rankings.

So he got rewarded with an even bigger fight after an embarassing loss to Demian Maia, and lost that one too.
That just goes to show that UFC somehow has a hard-on for this guy yet he fails to deliver. Who the fuck gets an even higher-ranked opponent after a loss?
This just shows how dumb you are. How was the loss to Maia embarassing? It was a close split decision were Masvidal displayed elite bjj defence, something even Maia said.

Stay being bitter while he's making money.

You present no arguments whatsoever, I stated mine clearly in the opening post.
Who sounds like an idiot? The guy who argues like a toddler (lolol you're an idiot) or the guy who shares his opinion together with valid arguments?

I'm open for any discussion, I don't insult people just because they disagree with me on something as futile as an MMA-fighter, so please, share your arcane knowledge and give me some arguments as to why I'm mistaken about Masvidal.
F..k that overrated sh.t kid,those guys fighting their ass off and Jorge was close to the title shot and our Sherdog keyboard redbelt do think he is overrated in his mom s basement...That sh.t s gay and I dont like gay comments

I agree he definitely is not the most exciting fighter, but to say his skill level is not top ranked considering he's beaten almost all competition put in front of him is absurd.

Of all the fighters to criticize, he's one of the few that doesn't use WWE antics, get boob jobs, B level movie careers on the side, or half nude women on his twitter to try to fame his way into title shots like other characters on the roster.

one kick by rustam. watch the fight.

I hate that method of scoring. One KD or 30 seconds of success wins you a fight in which you were mostly outclassed. Scoring should reward sustained dominance, not this round-stealing BS.

Nate Diaz is ranked 8 at Lightweight despite only fighting at that weight once since 2013

He was a better LW than a WW, where he did have many fights he should've won, but messed around and lost a split. I agree he's over ranked at WW, undersized and the results aren't there...even the performances, which were a point for him at LW. Still very skilled, but doesn't belong in the WW contender discussion.

Most over-ranked is currently Josh Emmett at #6 FW. At least Masvidal was on weight when he beat Cowboy.

I t
Seriously, I have to get this off my chest.
Has anyone looked at this guy's record lately?

This dude's only wins in the last 3 years are Ross Pearson, Jake Ellenberger, Cerrone and Cezar Ferreira. He hasn't fought in almost a year and people still pretend he's some kind of KO artist even though he has 11 decisions in 15 UFC fights.

Still, he's ranked #9 at Welterweight, even above guys like Ponzinibbio who is on a 6-fight winning streak in the UFC, or Leon Edwards, who is also on a 6-fight winning streak and also shares the best win of Masvidal (Cerrone).

Does this guy have any fans on sherdog? Why does UFC have such a hard-on for him? Are split-decision fetishists such a big fanbase? I don't get it.
To be fair, I think there is zero chance Ponzinibbio or Edwards are on a win streak if they fought Masvidal's last 6 opponents much less winning more than 3 of those fights. Seems to me like the rankings make general sense.

Back