Movies MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE Movie Dead at Netflix After at Least $30 Million in Development (post #221)

lol. point well taken.

if they're going to do it, make it entertaining. Don't make it brooding. Don't try to make it more serious than it ever was. Make He-Man badass, make Prince Adam an idiot, make Cringer a pussy, make BattleCat fucking awesome, make Skeletor a threat. Get a decent story. It could work.

I think they gotta dump the Prince Adam gayness and go OG He-Man.

I remember this very comic when I was a kid (yeah, I'm old), its the original origin.
http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/comics/html/mini_comics/motu/comic_pages/00000001/00cover.shtml

wait mcg is the same guy that executed good terminator trailers but failed to execute the movie?

oh gawd no

wait mcg is the same guy that executed good terminator trailers but failed to execute the movie?

oh gawd no
The fact he considers Kellan Lutz a legit choice shows his though process. I actually though Salvation was worse than Genisys, so I have low expectations for this movie.

They need to TDK the fuck out of this movie and make it a dark and gritty reboot.

Kellan Lutz is a hack.

Fuck giving him my childhood franchise lol.

He does suck though

Update: April 26, 2017

Sony Sets December 18, 2019 Release Date for MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE

IqgAC4z.png

Sony Pictures has today updated its release calendar, adding two major releases to the schedule. Look for the animated sequel Angry Birds 2 to arrive September 20, 2019 with McG’s Masters of the Universe movie following on December 18, 2019. The still untitled animated Spider-Man movie sees a slight shift, too, moving one week earlier to December 14, 2018.

Masters of the Universe follows Prince Adam, who has the ability to transform into a warrior called He-Man. As He-Man, Adam becomes the last hope for a magical land called Eternia, ravaged by technology and the evil Skeletor.

McG, who is directing the Masters of the Universe movie, recently spoke with CS about his plans for the fantastic world of He-Man.

“I think we want to honor the fan base, first and foremost,” he said. “We also need to be cognizant of the incredible resonance of what Kevin Feige is doing with Marvel, and the balance of full-bodied entertainment. That it’s both credible and emotional, action-packed, and the story of a hero’s journey. It’s the genesis of He-Man, it’s the becoming of He-Man. We want it to be clicking on all cylinders in that regard. We’re not going to stop until we get it right.”

Sony Pictures Has Set New Release Dates for Angry Birds 2 and the Masters of the Universe Movie

Update: April 26, 2017

Sony Sets December 18, 2019 Release Date for MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE

Masters-of-the-Universe-He-Man-042617-Dragonlord.png

Sony Pictures has today updated its release calendar, adding two major releases to the schedule. Look for the animated sequel Angry Birds 2 to arrive September 20, 2019 with McG’s Masters of the Universe movie following on December 18, 2019. The still untitled animated Spider-Man movie sees a slight shift, too, moving one week earlier to December 14, 2018.

Masters of the Universe follows Prince Adam, who has the ability to transform into a warrior called He-Man. As He-Man, Adam becomes the last hope for a magical land called Eternia, ravaged by technology and the evil Skeletor.

McG, who is directing the Masters of the Universe movie, recently spoke with CS about his plans for the fantastic world of He-Man.

“I think we want to honor the fan base, first and foremost,” he said. “We also need to be cognizant of the incredible resonance of what Kevin Feige is doing with Marvel, and the balance of full-bodied entertainment. That it’s both credible and emotional, action-packed, and the story of a hero’s journey. It’s the genesis of He-Man, it’s the becoming of He-Man. We want it to be clicking on all cylinders in that regard. We’re not going to stop until we get it right.”

Sony Pictures Has Set New Release Dates for Angry Birds 2 and the Masters of the Universe Movie

*Sigh*

Some things from the 80s, are of the 80s only.

I wouldn't put much hope in this being good.

This could be Star Wars meets LOTR. Something in the vein of the 2002 animated series. Taking a slightly darker direction could really make this a franchise worth seeing. Unfortunately, Lutz & McG suck moose cock. What a waste.......

<36>

This could be very good if done right, but could go the other way too. I'm definitely giving it a chance.

Update: August 12, 2016

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE Director McG Talks Tone, Characters and Kellan Lutz

McG-Masters-of-the-Universe-081216a-Dragonlord.jpg

McG: "We haven’t cast the role [of He-Man] yet, but I like Kellan [Lutz] very much. Obviously, we need a talented entertainer, but we also need a certain physicality, which he embodies. He’ll be considered very, very closely. We haven’t gotten to the casting process yet. Kellan’s a good guy, and we had a great meeting, and he’s passionate about He-Man, he’s passionate about the Adam story. He really knows a lot about it. I was charmed by his focus and intensity. He’ll be considered very, very carefully. We’re just not there yet. We’ve got to get the movie on its feet, then we’ll cast the movie."

"I think we want to honor the fan base, first and foremost. We also need to be cognizant of the incredible resonance of what Kevin Feige is doing with Marvel, and the balance of full-bodied entertainment. That it’s both credible and emotional, action-packed, and the story of a hero’s journey. It’s the genesis of He-Man, it’s the becoming of He-Man. We want it to be clicking on all cylinders in that regard. We’re not going to stop until we get it right."

"Listen, I love that movie with Frank [Langella] and Dolph [Lundgren]. I watch it, and it’s a tremendous pleasure for me to watch. I’m raised on the toys, and I’m down at Mattel all the time. We’re just really focused on getting it right. I want it to be full-bodied entertainment that respects the fan base, and is more emotional than you might imagine, inventive and original. Obviously, we’re all cognizant of what’s going on with Game of Thrones. It’s incredible. We’re cognizant of what’s going on in Guardians of the Galaxy. James Gunn’s doing a great job. We’re going to try to answer the call and take it higher. How’s that sound?"

"I’ve got to answer the call with Evil-Lyn, that’s for sure. Because I think what Margot Robbie just got up to with that turn [in Suicide Squad] is really, really interesting, and I want to make sure I answer the call. I even think Cara [Delevingne] did a good job in Suicide Squad with Enchantress. I want to make sure our Evil-Lyn is the standard bearer. That’s a tall order, isn’t it?"

"I think the characters are bigger than any given actor. I think the right actor is going to be what’s most important. I’m not really hung up on, “Oh, it’s got to be a star.” I just want someone who’s right for it. I enjoy working with big movie stars. I enjoy working with discoveries. We’re going to do what’s right, so it embodies the energy. Skeletor needs to be an incredible menace. I really think — again — I mean it when I say Vader, Gruber, Skeletor."

‘Masters of the Universe’: Director McG Talks Tone, Characters, Setting, and More

But are they cognizant enough?

Update: April 27, 2017

McG No Longer Directing MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE; David Goyer to Pen Script

9VVlVlr.jpg

He-Man has the power — but he doesn’t have a director. McG (Charlie’s Angels), who has been on board to direct the long-discussed Masters of the Universe reboot since early 2016, is no longer attached to the movie, according to EW

Sony is meeting with directors, EW has learned from a source familiar with production, who also says David S. Goyer (Batman Begins, Man of Steel) is writing the screenplay for the event film.

While the studio looks for new leadership behind the camera, EW has confirmed that Sony has scheduled the movie for a Dec. 18, 2019 release. On the casting front, EW has also learned that many actors, including A-list talent, are vying for key roles.

Last June, Twilight star Kellan Lutz tweeted about the “amazing meeting” he had with then-director McG and producer Mary Viola. The director later confirmed the meeting in an interview with IGN and said Lutz would be considered “very, very carefully,” noting how “passionate” he is about the character and story. No word yet if he’s among the stars still being considered for the lead role.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/04/26/sony-release-date-masters-of-the-universe-reboot/

Update: November 30, 2017

David S. Goyer to Direct MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE Reboot for Sony

O3LXxKs.jpg

He-Man has a new master. David S. Goyer is in talks to direct Sony's Masters of the Universe, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The film will be based on the beloved Mattel toyline, which spawned a successful animated series (1983-85) as well as a 1987 film. The property centers on the warrior hero He-Man, the last hope of a magical land call Eternia. Dolph Lundgren starred in the original film, which was directed by Gary Goddard and also featured Frank Langella as the villainous Skelator.

Goyer is known for his screenwriting work on Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight trilogy, as well as Man of Steel. His previous directing credits include 2004's Blade: Trinity, the 2009 horror film The Unborn and episodes of Starz's Da Vinci's Demons, which he created.

The reboot has long been in development, with a number of filmmakers previously attached, including G.I. Joe: Retaliation director Jon M. Chu and McG. Goyer has written the most recent draft of the script.

Mattell is a partner in the movie, and Sony's Matthew Milam will oversee for the studio. Escape Artists' Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch are producing Masters of the Universe, which is set for a Dec. 18, 2019 release date.

'Man of Steel' Writer David S. Goyer in Talks to Direct 'Masters of the Universe' Reboot for Sony Pictures

Hopefully they don’t wimp out like they did with Brad Pitts “Troy” and make it as gay as it’s suppose to be.

Back