Master Wong being a badass

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score

images

Put the one where he teaches people to try to block jabs and straights with the elbow in order to "beat boxers" lol:rolleyes:

Sound funny. I need to find it.

Reminds me of the guy from the movie American Shaolin.

I'd love to see him actually spar someone and get beat up.

Reading the comments on his videos are even funnier. Dudes who seem to be stuck in that 1980s martial arts mentality of secret ninja clans and 'ultra lefal killa moves' that wouldn't be allowed in MMA, dudes genuinely having arguments about how Bruce Lee or Mr Miyagi would whoop Brock Lesnar's ass. Shit is hilarious. We had weeabos and LARPers back then and didn't even notice it.

Come on dude, you know he can't possibly fight someone, his moves are too lethal.
Dont hate the little cocky china man :D
I mean, I might understand why someone would find him funny or whatnot, but actually using what he's teaching and making him out to be some kind of badass? Come on. People are delusional.

You can watch someone throw a jab, a cross and a hook on youtube, but that doesn't make you good at those things. You have to practice over, and over and over. Alone and in a live setting against people who are trying to fight back. It takes years to be somewhat decent and to be able to defend yourself. Now you're telling me you can watch a video of someone doing a whole series of complex moves that has to be timed perfectly, in the right sequence, and against a person not actually trying, and you're suddenly able to defeat all foes? It's completely unrealistic. It's like the same demos we've seen a hundred times before, he's just more aggressive and actually seems a bit athletic. Same old tricks.

Nevermind it's dangerous getting people a false sense of security like that.

I think most people see it for what it is.

Why Bruce Lee never fully gave up on Wing Chun is a mystery to me.

I think most people see it for what it is.
Look at the comments. A lot of gullible people/kids out there. If he wanted to make a parody he shouldn't try to sell it as legit.

To be fair, the boxer is a lot bigger and taller.

Yeah I know but he wasn't the one making the challenge. What's even worse is that the boxer wasn't even taking it seriously. Pretty sad.

Look at the comments. A lot of gullible people/kids out there. If he wanted to make a parody he shouldn't try to sell it as legit.

I bet he is 50/50 serious and joking. Thing is, the guys from the youtube comments are the same people who want things like ghosts, aliens, and dim mak to be real.

The truth is always too boring. You cant turn them around no matter what.

I think we are accustomed to a boxing paradigm and not much a bareknucle one, which is what traditional martial arts are founded on, thats why a lot of people say specific tma techniques are weak, but remember that you are bareknuckle in tma; you cant use full power bareknuckle anyways.

The problem with wing chun is under my perspective, that they dont full contact spar enough. How can a karate chop to the carotid dont work?

Also, i perceived that the majority of wc practitioners dont know about body mechanics, because they throw wc punches with the arm, but trust me, I have a boxing background and I tried to throw wc punches using the CORE and hips, and they are indeed powerful and fast, and under a bareknuckle paradigm, I can see working.

I thing wing chun techniques are more suited to mma if drilled to the death and with proper sparring.

watch this video:

I think we are accustomed to a boxing paradigm and not much a bareknucle one, which is what traditional martial arts are founded on, thats why a lot of people say specific tma techniques are weak, but remember that you are bareknuckle in tma; you cant use full power bareknuckle anyways.

The problem with wing chun is under my perspective, that they dont full contact spar enough. How can a karate chop to the carotid dont work?

Also, i perceived that the majority of wc practitioners dont know about body mechanics, because they throw wc punches with the arm, but trust me, I have a boxing background and I tried to throw wc punches using the CORE and hips, and they are indeed powerful and fast, and under a bareknuckle paradigm, I can see working.

I thing wing chun techniques are more suited to mma if drilled to the death and with proper sparring.

watch this video:

Bare knuckled fighting is even worse odds against a boxer. The reason Mike Tyson always broke his hands in streetfights was because he threw horizontal punches in boxing as his go to-weapon, plus that he didn't give a fuck

Why Bruce Lee never fully gave up on Wing Chun is a mystery to me.

I love how the WC guy always starts to touch gloves and "leaves" the fight once he's at a corner and has nowhere to run. It's asshole-sparring-partner 101 to just attack and rely on the other guy being nice as defence.

About Wong I really wonder whether the guy believes what he says, just wants to make a buck or is trolling while making a buck. I really can#t tell whether he's for real or not. Basically the ulatimate troll either way

Reading the comments on his videos are even funnier. Dudes who seem to be stuck in that 1980s martial arts mentality of secret ninja clans and 'ultra lefal killa moves' that wouldn't be allowed in MMA, dudes genuinely having arguments about how Bruce Lee or Mr Miyagi would whoop Brock Lesnar's ass. Shit is hilarious. We had weeabos and LARPers back then and didn't even notice it.
YT comments are a cesspool

I remember seeing a WC vs "MMA" vid a few years back; The WC guy was more experienced and 2x bigger than the MMA guy (looked like middleweight vs bantam). MMA guy was also new and looked like he had 6 months under him at best.
The entire comments section was a massive circle jerk. Some of the comments were: if you feel MMA can win, post a vid (lol), so someone linked one of the 50+ videos on YT, and of course they had excuses for it:
  • not a real practitioner
  • gloves restrict this and that (it was /MMAgrappling gloves btw, not boxing gloves)
  • I would do this and that
  • what is his lineage? If can't traced to that McDojo junkie Ip Man, it not REAL WC (yes he did run a McDojo, got hopped up on opium and jacked his prices up to fuel it, if that ain't McDojo, then I don't know what is)

TMA fanatics ends up becoming like religious zealots sometimes. Wiz Cool C seems like a level head individual compared to some of these cats

Back