Massive weight loss.

I've never face palmed so many times in this forum.
There's this thing called EPOC you don't quite get much of when walking, but you do from running, sprinting, HIIT, barbell complexes, gruelling thai/box/wrestling practices to a very significant extent. I'm not even going to bother going any further, it's christmas time and i should be wrapping presents.

Merry HoHoHo to all.

you burn the same amount of calories per distance as running just takes u obviously longer to walk a mile than run is the thing more time consuming and i had a job where i walked all day and lost alotttt of weight fast so im a believer of walking over running if you simply want to shed pounds just walking makes you hungry running kinda kills my appatite

So, you honestly believe that you burn the same number of calories taking a leisurely 5km walk as you do in smashing it in under 23 minutes? If true, I really don't know what to say to you... even discounting the "afterburn" effect, the amount of energy you expend will be MUCH higher with running the distance than walking it.

Shhhh, we shant confuse him just yet.

That is factually incorrect. Intensity matters. That's why training methods like HIIT actually work.
i asked a question here a year ago about walking for weight loss vs running and yall told me that yeah u can walk and lose just as much per distance but it makes you hungrier vs running so watch your food you even told me it hiit doesnt cut near as much cause you cant do hiit as long sadly and cant do it daily

everytime u learn something here seems like next year its the exact opposite then

i asked a question here a year ago about walking for weight loss vs running and yall told me that yeah u can walk and lose just as much per distance but it makes you hungrier vs running so watch your food you even told me it hiit doesnt cut near as much cause you cant do hiit as long sadly and cant do it daily

Can you find the thread? Because that doesn't sound like something any of the regulars would ever say.

Yeah I'd be really curious about that as well. I would have thought the regulars would have called them on their shit as that's utterly ridiculous.

The idea that 3km of HIIT sprints burn the same amount of energy as a 3km walk... wow. Which one leaves you barely able to stand and covered in sweat afterwards?

*sigh* HIIT sprints day today :(

well im up to 260 now lol i havnt trained since april i fell into a deep depression and was institutionalized for a few months im better now but iv gained 60 pounds hoping it will come off fast at least to get down to 225 i have to get all new clothes went from a size 30 32 waist at 195 to size 40 barely butting up i know running will burn me out right away as iv just been in a bed and done no exercise in 8 months basically i wana fight in 6 months so gotta get my weight down to 205 before i can take a fight at 170 within 5 weeks

That sucks to hear man :( glad you're doing better though.

55lb in 6 months is going to be a hell of a lot of work but doable. Given how quickly it went on, it would be interesting to see how much of that weight is water weight bloating. Have you been eating a lot of carbs?

Forget about exercise for the moment, for weightloss that is secondary. The first thing is to get the diet on point.

Walking might be a good start to get you back into it after so long being sedentary. If you try to go too hard, too quickly, you are likely to injure yourself. Just try and work up to it.

If you need any tips I am sure your (and I already hate myself for using this term) "Sherbros" will be here to help/offer advice.

That sucks to hear man :( glad you're doing better though.

55lb in 6 months is going to be a hell of a lot of work but doable. Given how quickly it went on, it would be interesting to see how much of that weight is water weight bloating. Have you been eating a lot of carbs?

Forget about exercise for the moment, for weightloss that is secondary. The first thing is to get the diet on point.

Walking might be a good start to get you back into it after so long being sedentary. If you try to go too hard, too quickly, you are likely to injure yourself. Just try and work up to it.

If you need any tips I am sure your (and I already hate myself for using this term) "Sherbros" will be here to help/offer advice.
I was eating nothing but tons and tons of junk food and not moving what so ever so id think the firs bit should come off fast i easily lost 35 pounds in a month before when i once went up too 240 and month later i was walking around at 205 but now im at 260 lol have stretch marks all over my stomach which is not good iv always been ripped and trained since i was 13 im 24 now and never been this out of shape and big being fat honestly sucks just moving around seems like a chore i gotta do something about this plus im on a medication that is known to cause bloating and stopping you up i probably shit once a week now called methadone.

I want a fast solution but i don't wana fuck up and crash burn myself out and find myself bingeing for now i cant train where im at so only thing i can do is walk really for now and diet down till i hit around 240 id say then try to see how i feel about training.

Methadone? ouch, I thought that was just used to get people off heroin? Either way, it's pretty nasty stuff from what I hear. Swapping out the crap for proper food with lots of fiber will help.

Sounds like you are doing it the sensible way. First things first, you need to concentrate on weaning yourself off the junk food. Too easy to get addicted to all those highly processed carbs.

On the plus side, you haven't let yourself go for 5-10 years or something like that and as you said, you have spent most of your life training so it shouldn't be that hard to get back into... and hell you're still only 24, you;re young as hell. You have plenty of time to get back into it.

It sounds like you're taking a sensible approach to it which is good. Switch to good whole foods and veges for a couple of weeks and minimise the carbs and I wouldn't be surprised if you drop 20lb in a couple of weeks. I recently went up to a friends bday in Sydney for the weekend and ate all kinds of bad(but tasty) foods and lots of booze, came back and weighed 7kg more after the weekend, that;s 15.4lb after two days. Was all gone in a week but serious bloating.

If you are happy to try it, a good way might be to live on protein shakes for a couple of days just to kick off your efforts. I sometimes just drink two scoops of whey/casein three times a day... you will need at least 4 I would guess as I'm only 6'1 170. If you also drink heaps of water it's a good to flush all the crap from your system and kick off your efforts.

Last edited:
i have a food addiction honestly not to whine complain but when i get depressed i eat like a girl im only really intaking around 2500 cals a day lately i gotta stop myself from eating snacking so much but i have to be inside where im at most of the day so its hard to just be in bed all day and not think about snacking i get low calorie yogurts and freeze them and eat them like a ice pop about 80 cals per cups 2 a day is my snack and trying to have 2 meals a day around 600 cals max each meal

For a big dude, 2500cal is nothing. When I was completely inactive recovering from my latest shoulder surgery my maintenance was over 2500 and I'm only 6'1 170lb. Sounds like you just need to change where you get your calories from.

Have you tried IF? what works for me when I want to drop weight is:
maintenance, maintenance, live on protein shakes, maintenance, maintenance, live on protein shakes and repeat.

A combination of intermittent fasting and carb cycling. You never stay at a major caloric deficit for more than 24 hours before returning to maintenance so your metabolism never gets to down regulate and it's much easier psychologically as you know that even though today is pretty crap living on protein shakes, you will be back to eating normally tomorrow.

While below 13% BF this is the only way that i can seem to lose any fat at all as my body just appears to want to down regulate my metabolism to match my new caloric intake about 5 minutes after I drop :( I don't see why this wouldn't work for you as well. It's much easier when your "diet" only lasts for one day at a time.

Last edited:
Taking stuff will cause other issues as its not manageable. Find a way to control portions.

Care to elaborate on what this "stuff" you are referring to is, what the issues are and in what way it is not manageable?

and yeah... It's a lot more complicated than portion control, you do know that right?

For one who is depressed/overweight, portion control is difficult as hell and weight loss will be dependent on much more. There is too many issues going on and it isn't as simplistic.
Losing that amount of weight is going to be difficult in that amount of time, but doable ish. I would just aim for steady weight loss under 9 months then worry about fighting.
It's a lot of work for your body to undergo losing so much mass then a fight cut. It wouldn't be healthy at all.

For one who is depressed/overweight, portion control is difficult as hell and weight loss will be dependent on much more. There is too many issues going on and it isn't as simplistic.
Losing that amount of weight is going to be difficult in that amount of time, but doable ish. I would just aim for steady weight loss under 9 months then worry about fighting.
It's a lot of work for your body to undergo losing so much mass then a fight cut. It wouldn't be healthy at all.

Agreed. As I said, it's going to be a hell of a lot of work but doable.

I think it's great that flik has a goal to work towards which should keep him on track if he wants it enough. I've always found it much easier to have a concrete goal to work towards than just generic "I want to lose weight this year" kind of goals.

Motivation to change is the biggest challenge. It may remain high in the first couple of weeks but most people just give up after that... which is why the majority in both our countries are just fat as fuck. Seeing who pushes through and who just gives up really separates the men from the boys so to speak.

Weight gain is a pretty common side affect of methadone. And yeah, if you're on the done then walking would definitely be the best cardio for you at the moment. Are you on a countdown program, or on it long term if you don't mind my asking?

Weight gain is a pretty common side affect of methadone. And yeah, if you're on the done then walking would definitely be the best cardio for you at the moment. Are you on a countdown program, or on it long term if you don't mind my asking?
long term but i only take it 4 times week but take like 300 a day

my sugar mama atm wants to get me lopo suction im looking up what the best thing to do is i have an appointment thursday im only gonna get it sucked out of my stomach im really big there not so much in legs arms but my gut has a good 50 pounds hope i can get at least 45 sucked out of me im not trolling im being serious has anyone here heard or tried lop suction have any stories?

Back