Mass incarceration of African Americans affects the racial achievement gap — report

Violent crime is the reason for mass incarceration of Africans in America not petty drug crime.

It is a problem and solving it wouldn't be a solution for mass incarceration but a significant improvement.
Right now, 47% of federal prisoners were sentenced for drug crimes, 3% for homicide, aggravated assault or kidnapping offenses, 3.8% for robbery, 8.7% for sex offenses.
Data for 2012 shows that 16% of prisoners in state prisons were there for drug crimes, 53.8% of all inmates were imprisoned for violent crimes.
And as I said, I don't propose those adjustments in order to help out black folks but because they should be undertaken either way.

Don't groups under the BLM umbrella do loads of work relating to community outreach and education programs to stop kids turning to crime?

I mean obviously there aren't a lot if self proclaimed conservatives who will give a damn because it doesn't fit in with the agenda, but that's an honest answer to your question.

Perhaps not disproportionately targeting minority communities through law enforcement would help as well.

BLM seems to go about things in a highly negative way though
-What did you think of their approach to Bernie Sanders during the primary, the violent protests, and lack of organization?
--More harm than good; peace, decorum, and calculated assertiveness is a better approach.
---They've got to get away from the victim attitude, and overly emotional rhetoric and behavior
----That may be why they've lost the attention they've garnered.

Legalize drugs. Remove gang violence, which is the majority of black violent crime, and driven by profit motive of drug turf, and all other drug related arrests, and this problem goes away.

Its not though is the problem ...A lot of that murder is just over street beefs jordans girls and talking shit and while I agree that we need to end the war on drugs it is not the magic bullet I think a lot of people think it will be.

That violence isnt so much gang violence as it is cultural violence and thats a much tougher thing to fix and is going to involve talking about some truths that are going to make just about everyone mad at everybody .

It's very typical now days for people to ignore the core problem & make the criminal the victim.

I don't go to jail because I don't break the law. It's just common sense
The criminal is often the victim AS WELL. You can be a victim and a perpetrator at the same time.

Its not though is the problem ...A lot of that murder is just over street beefs jordans girls and talking shit and while I agree that we need to end the war on drugs it is not the magic bullet I think a lot of people think it will be.

That violence isnt so much gang violence as it is cultural violence and thats a much tougher thing to fix and is going to involve talking about some truths that are going to make just about everyone mad at everybody .

I coached high school basketball in the North East and had to deal with black teens shooting each other over facebook comments.

Legalizing drugs will not fix the problems in the black community.

As long as it's profitable to warehouse human beings and for people to invest in said companies, I don't see a change coming.

The Police
The Military-Industrial-complex
The local law-enforcement

They all get a HUGE slice of the pie and they're not about to give it up.

maybe there's a reason for that 'overpolicing' .. stop making excuses for shit behavior .. never works

You live in a quasi police state with the highest rate of incarceration in the world. You (taxpayers) pay for the accommodation and food of the prisoners who work as slaves for huge corporations, and lobbyists advocate even more incarceration so their private prisons can make more money.

If there is any shit behaviour, it is probably your own governments, who has spent decades disenfranchising minorities, flooded their communities with crack, and locked them up on an industrial scale.

Land of the free. What a joke.

Personal use or dealing, there is a big difference.

You and I both know that the line is blurry, and a lot of the people who get sentenced as dealers are effectively users who got hit with conspiracy charges.

Why should Trump have to send the feds to high crime urban areas like Chicago if this is their culture?

tumblr_maxyvrsWqz1r1jyz7o1_500.gif

tumblr_n78ug3ETos1rqd0kpo1_500.gif

tumblr_nxi3glFwaf1uqqex2o1_500.gif

I once said something similar and I was accused of being a race-baiter. It was in a thread on how to improve the black community. I merely said that glorifying criminals and thug/gangsters needs to be stopped, esp. in social media and music videos so the youth wouldn't try to emulate it.

I coached high school basketball in the North East and had to deal with black teens shooting each other over facebook comments.

Legalizing drugs will not fix the problems in the black community.

raw

On coaching in general

You live in a quasi police state with the highest rate of incarceration in the world. You (taxpayers) pay for the accommodation and food of the prisoners who work as slaves for huge corporations, and lobbyists advocate even more incarceration so their private prisons can make more money.

If there is any shit behaviour, it is probably your own governments, who has spent decades disenfranchising minorities, flooded their communities with crack, and locked them up on an industrial scale.

Land of the free. What a joke.

Then why do people from all over the world want to come live here in America?

https://www.theatlantic.com/busines...c-the-disparities-in-household-income/380314/

Why are the Asians and Indians so successful in America and commit such little violent crime?

BLM seems to go about things in a highly negative way though
-What did you think of their approach to Bernie Sanders during the primary, the violent protests, and lack of organization?
--More harm than good; peace, decorum, and calculated assertiveness is a better approach.
---They've got to get away from the victim attitude, and overly emotional rhetoric and behavior
----That may be why they've lost the attention they've garnered.

BLM is a diverse umbrella group of organisations that focus on different things in different ways. There isn't a single group you could call BLM.

The fact you would talk about the (perceived) negatives rather than the topic at hand and how BLM actually help, really supports my point.

I once said something similar and I was accused of being a race-baiter. It was in a thread on how to improve the black community. I merely said that glorifying criminals and thug/gangsters needs to be stopped, esp. in social media and music videos so the youth wouldn't try to emulate it.

I agree with that statement on the current "idols"
-It's definitely not helping the youth, having such silly influences, and "role models"(what appeals is also the way they flash their money; makes some youth think that the music industry is the main way to go and "make it" in society.)

I'd love to see some classes on coding and video game building at schools(for all races)
-I'd definitely host such classes like that when I get kids
*Video Games are one thing all youth value, could be used to enlighten some in the AA community.

Then why do people from all over the world want to come live here in America?

https://www.theatlantic.com/busines...c-the-disparities-in-household-income/380314/

Why are the Asians and Indians so successful in America and commit such little violent crime?

Interesting question. Probably the pigmentation in their skin. Probably nothing to do with decades of racial gerrymandering, over policing, racial bias of law enforcement, sentencing discrepancies between races.

It's painful how myopic and simple people are when it comes to topics like these.

I coached high school basketball and my teams were almost all black over the course of 5 years, Freshman, JV and Varsity.

The rap videos i posted are what the kids idolize and listen to, it's a cultural thing.

Can't forget Meek & AR-AB.

Isn't it odd how one party is held more responsible when both voluntarily enter into the same transaction?

If you don't understand the difference between a dealer and a addict I don't know how to help you.

Interesting question. Probably the pigmentation in their skin. Probably nothing to do with decades of racial gerrymandering, over policing, racial bias of law enforcement, sentencing discrepancies between races.

It's painful how myopic and simple people are when it comes to topics like these.

So the great success of Asians and Indians in America is because of the pigmentation in their skin?

Explain that for us please, go ahead and break it down right here in this thread.

BLM is a diverse umbrella group of organisations that focus on different things in different ways. There isn't a single group you could call BLM.

The fact you would talk about the (perceived) negatives rather than the topic at hand and how BLM actually help, really supports my point.

My statements weren't to bash BLM, though my current disposition on BLM was not hidden very well.

The truth is most of the videos, articles, and reports I have seen on them displays a methodology of protesting that I disagree with.
-I have not heard of this diversity, I've only gone under their site a few times.
--I know they've explained in their mission statement that their efforts are much more than protests against police violence...i think they are protesting with the dakota pipeline people

But when they had platforms on national levels(during this past election year), I did not see much to impress.

You and I both know that the line is blurry, and a lot of the people who get sentenced as dealers are effectively users who got hit with conspiracy charges.

They go by the amount and how it is packaged.

When you have 30 rocks bagged individually it's not for personal use.

I'm all for decriminalization of personal use amounts but fuck the dealers.

I have no problem making weed legal and let people grow for their personal use.

Back