Mass incarceration of African Americans affects the racial achievement gap — report

First, this is ridiculous. I keep getting errors and losing my posts. This has been happening for months now on multiple devices!!

It is their new pop up adds. I am seeing it on multiple sites. It has damaged some of my devices.

It is malicious software, and by the letter of the law it should be illegal.

If you have any FED buddies, maybe mention that these new pop up adds are illegal.

@VivaRevolution i think some of our post got deleted.

Nonetheless here is an example of black culture in America.

Rapper makes diss record on dead rivals grave then gets killed for it.

y' all do anything to try and keep us down, you will attack our countries put up dictators, put massive propaganda to humiliate us, because y' all are afraid that if we become more powerful, we will take revenge.

y' all do anything to try and keep us down, you will attack our countries put up dictators, put massive propaganda to humiliate us, because y' all are afraid that if we become more powerful, we will take revenge.

Nobody keeping ya'll down at all, not even a little bit it's quite the opposite.

Europeans are keeping Africans from starving to death and letting ya'll into Europe everyday.

Nobody keeping ya'll down at all, not even a little bit it's quite the opposite.

Europeans are keeping Africans from starving to death and letting ya'll into Europe everyday.

you have been brainwashed from a young age, propaganda and indoctrination are one of the most effective weapons. if you look at mankind collectively you will see that humanity is not a noble creature and that power rules this world not fairness and to be reasonable, this is why everywhere y' all went you put religion on the natives.

you have been brainwashed from a young age, propaganda and indoctrination are one of the most effective weapons. if you look at mankind collectively you will see that humanity is not a noble creature and that power rules this world not fairness and to be reasonable, this is why everywhere y' all went you put religion on the natives.

But what are you taking about taking revenge for?

Did the Moors not invade Europe and make white people slaves?

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/are-...se-hatred-of-black-people-with-images.458376/

33da8e6183300d23a30bac8fef30c9bb.jpg

you know what's keeping you down? this kinda of talk about hatred, propaganda, humiliation and revenge. It forever puts your focus and energy on the wrong things.

Purge all that shit and clear your mind. You're still stuck in the first two stages of grief: denial and anger. Use your potential, run your own race. The reason why you've been effectively 'denied' for so long because you're doing it to yourself. Nobody can deny you of anything.

First, this is ridiculous. I keep getting errors and losing my posts. This has been happening for months now on multiple devices!!

Ok, where to start?

First, I don't actually disagree with much of what the articles state. The children of incarcerated parents suffer and are at a great disadvantage when it comes to all areas of life, from school work and discipline, to financial issues, stability in the home, health and psychological problems and even the nutrition in these children is severely lacking.

What I do disagree with, is the notion that these men are "unjustly" incarcerated. Look, I spend a lot of time reading triple i's, which are the complete criminal histories of a person. Very, very seldom do I encounter a triple I that is not multiple pages long. Many of these drug dealers have such extensive criminal records, that it makes me sick to my stomach that they keep getting out. What is more troubling, is that there are rarely any triple i's that do not have serious violent crimes as well. Most of the triple i's that I take the time to read are specifically out of town drug dealers. As a district commander, I am responsible for an area of the city with 15,000 people. It is also the area where the most violent crimes occur and drug dealing is rampant. Without fail, when I read a triple I of some shitbird from Cleveland or Chicago, there are dozens of trafficking of drug arrests, robberies, malicious woundings(shooting someone), attempted murder, and quite a few have previous murder convictions that are followed by multiple felony arrests for trafficking. How the fuck can you kill someone, get out and get arrested and convicted for more felonies, and still be free? My point is that many of these "unjustly" incarcerated gentlemen are not in prison for a damn joint, or even their first drug offense. They are often career criminals. That does not change the fact that they almost always have children that will suffer because these men are often in an out of prison. And the moms are no treat, either. They often have long rap sheets as well, but are rarely sentenced as long as the men, usually because the violent crimes are not in their past. Even if these men were not in prison, many of them would suck at fatherhood anyway. It's hard to raise a child. It's really hard it raise a child when you are out at the bar all night selling drugs. And considering many have children with multiple women, the children often have little contact when the fathers are not incarcerated.

I also take exception to the portion of the article that says that whites have similar numbers when it comes to drug use. Drug use is different that drug dealing. And even if the numbers were the same for whites and blacks when it comes to drug dealing, the chances that a black male is going to be involved in dealing in a high crime and high violence area is much greater than a white male drug dealer. It's apples to oranges. By that, I am simply saying that there are too many factors to simply compare a sample white male and a smaller black male that are incarcerated for the same crime. Again, the criminal histories are going to play a big factor. Also, as a police officer and a district commander, I am going to allocate my officers and focus on the areas and people that are not only selling drugs, but the ones that are much more likely to be involved in a shooting or murder. In my 15 year career, I have only been involved in 1 case that I can recall, where the murderer(s) where white, and it was 13 years ago. I can't think of any shootings that involved white males, come to think of it. So where am I going to focus my efforts? What is the priority of the my police department when it comes to going after the drug dealers? It will be focused on the people with the guns. Plenty of white dealers get nailed as well, but they are selling much lower quantities and do not have the supply chains coming in from Cleveland and Chicago. They likely buy the shit they sell from the back guys from Cleveland.

It is a shitty situation for the children and the community because these children will often grow up to be like dad and mom, deeply committed to a criminal lifestyle. We obviously need to figure out how to break the cycle. I know some will say to legalize drugs, but I don't see that ending shitty parenting, criminal lifestyles, irresponsible parents, no career goals for either parent, and there is no guarantee that these gentlemen would not pursue criminal pathways not related to drugs. In fact, I would say many of them would still be in and out of prison for other offenses. Ultimately, all of these articles are blaming everyone BUT the men and women that choose to be criminals to the detriment of their children. And since sterilization is not an option, we have to figure out some way to lure the kids away from the alluring criminal lifestyle.

Thank you for this post, very interesting.

1. We need a better solution to the drug problem.
2. My guess is that Blacks are more likely to get arrested for dealing because they are more likely to be doing it out on the street.
3. We should look at statistics from jurisdictions where it is plausible that because Blacks control the government, the data is less likely to be a product of anti-Black bias in the police, the courts, the juries, etc.
4. We need a program of "education for modern life" in the schools and adult education to retrain people for available jobs.

1. We need a better solution to the drug problem.
2. My guess is that Blacks are more likely to get arrested for dealing because they are more likely to be doing it out on the street.
3. We should look at statistics from jurisdictions where it is plausible that because Blacks control the government, the data is less likely to be a product of anti-Black bias in the police, the courts, the juries, etc.
4. We need a program of "education for modern life" in the schools and adult education to retrain people for available jobs.
Those are all just US-centric problems. The mass incarceration of Africans is a world-wide trend in nearly all 200 countries on the planet. The trend even holds true in Africa; so anti-black bias is a stretch. Since this is a worldwide trend, though, any US-centric problems can not be the causes.

Ok, where to start?

First, I don't actually disagree with much of what the articles state. The children of incarcerated parents suffer and are at a great disadvantage when it comes to all areas of life, from school work and discipline, to financial issues, stability in the home, health and psychological problems and even the nutrition in these children is severely lacking.

What I do disagree with, is the notion that these men are "unjustly" incarcerated. Look, I spend a lot of time reading triple i's, which are the complete criminal histories of a person. Very, very seldom do I encounter a triple I that is not multiple pages long. Many of these drug dealers have such extensive criminal records, that it makes me sick to my stomach that they keep getting out. What is more troubling, is that there are rarely any triple i's that do not have serious violent crimes as well. Most of the triple i's that I take the time to read are specifically out of town drug dealers. As a district commander, I am responsible for an area of the city with 15,000 people. It is also the area where the most violent crimes occur and drug dealing is rampant. Without fail, when I read a triple I of some shitbird from Cleveland or Chicago, there are dozens of trafficking of drug arrests, robberies, malicious woundings(shooting someone), attempted murder, and quite a few have previous murder convictions that are followed by multiple felony arrests for trafficking. How the fuck can you kill someone, get out and get arrested and convicted for more felonies, and still be free? My point is that many of these "unjustly" incarcerated gentlemen are not in prison for a damn joint, or even their first drug offense. They are often career criminals. That does not change the fact that they almost always have children that will suffer because these men are often in an out of prison. And the moms are no treat, either. They often have long rap sheets as well, but are rarely sentenced as long as the men, usually because the violent crimes are not in their past. Even if these men were not in prison, many of them would suck at fatherhood anyway. It's hard to raise a child. It's really hard it raise a child when you are out at the bar all night selling drugs. And considering many have children with multiple women, the children often have little contact when the fathers are not incarcerated.

I also take exception to the portion of the article that says that whites have similar numbers when it comes to drug use. Drug use is different that drug dealing. And even if the numbers were the same for whites and blacks when it comes to drug dealing, the chances that a black male is going to be involved in dealing in a high crime and high violence area is much greater than a white male drug dealer. It's apples to oranges. By that, I am simply saying that there are too many factors to simply compare a sample white male and a smaller black male that are incarcerated for the same crime. Again, the criminal histories are going to play a big factor. Also, as a police officer and a district commander, I am going to allocate my officers and focus on the areas and people that are not only selling drugs, but the ones that are much more likely to be involved in a shooting or murder. In my 15 year career, I have only been involved in 1 case that I can recall, where the murderer(s) where white, and it was 13 years ago. I can't think of any shootings that involved white males, come to think of it. So where am I going to focus my efforts? What is the priority of the my police department when it comes to going after the drug dealers? It will be focused on the people with the guns. Plenty of white dealers get nailed as well, but they are selling much lower quantities and do not have the supply chains coming in from Cleveland and Chicago. They likely buy the shit they sell from the back guys from Cleveland.

It is a shitty situation for the children and the community because these children will often grow up to be like dad and mom, deeply committed to a criminal lifestyle. We obviously need to figure out how to break the cycle. I know some will say to legalize drugs, but I don't see that ending shitty parenting, criminal lifestyles, irresponsible parents, no career goals for either parent, and there is no guarantee that these gentlemen would not pursue criminal pathways not related to drugs. In fact, I would say many of them would still be in and out of prison for other offenses. Ultimately, all of these articles are blaming everyone BUT the men and women that choose to be criminals to the detriment of their children. And since sterilization is not an option, we have to figure out some way to lure the kids away from the alluring criminal lifestyle.
Your post was tl/dr, but I had the popup error problem on my phone and I fixed it by turning off Javascript and clearing out the cache. I agree it's very annoying and only happened on this site.

Anyone know exactly when the real ghetto, thug life culture appear? Wasn't in the 50s, 60s, and 70s that's for sure. Timestamp that, compare graphs with stats from then on and before and you have another interesting angle on things.

*start cutting off hands
*public hangings
*no more victim culture perpetuated by libs for votes
*more death penalty for violent felons, especially repeat offenders
*send the feds to high crime urban areas like chicago and "air it out"

Hey there Muhammad, welcome to sherdog.

Your post was tl/dr, but I had the popup error problem on my phone and I fixed it by turning off Javascript and clearing out the cache. I agree it's very annoying and only happened on this site.

I will see if that works. Thanks

It is their new pop up adds. I am seeing it on multiple sites. It has damaged some of my devices.

It is malicious software, and by the letter of the law it should be illegal.

If you have any FED buddies, maybe mention that these new pop up adds are illegal.

I am not a huge fan of the Feds that I know. Probably not going to broach that subject.

Yep, it's not what's legal and what's not. That's just a specificity of the legal environment. It's the culture of crime and lawlessness that's the real problem.

I agree with that. It's one of the reasons I don't think legalization is the cure all some think it will be. There is a large portion of the population that is absolutely committed to a life of crime.

Sure, just as the mob moved to rackateering, illegal gambling, and other things post prohibition.

However, I think the biggest difference is that without that profit motive, their won't be a line a mile long to replace the low level racketeering chief when arrested, who barely does better then the guy down the street with the good union job.

I hope you are correct. I think a lot about the people I see arrested time after time, and I wonder what would make them stop their life of crime. I think many of them are just born schemers, always looking for the next thing. Whatever limits, we as a society set, they will look for ways to go beyond that. You could legalize the top 9 illegal drugs and they would focus on the tenth, or go in another direction.

Thanks for posting, how do you see things going forward? any solutions?

That's tough. As a district commander, I try to look beyond the "crime and punishment" solutions. I try to utilize community policing in as many ways as I can. For example, I have an operation set to begin that will focus on serving warrants and clearing out the homeless camps. I also will train the officers in what options are available for those being moved. They are currently living under a highway overpass and have left so much trash and used needles, it has become a hazard. But I think those will be wasted efforts

Some of the other options I employed for a previous op was repairing a fence and getting additional lights around a problem bar where a lot of shootings occur. The idea was to block off the fence where they hide guns and run when the police arrive. The lights work the same way they do with cockroaches. That is in addition to putting extra officers patrolling, which was the most effective strategy.

As for curtailing the violence and drug dealing, if drugs are not legalized(I doubt that happens), then there has to be viable options for those that want to get away from it. It seems we(Leo's)just chase our tails the way things are now. We hit an area hard, crack down, and the problem moves six blocks.

I mentioned people with extensive records. I think those are the people that should be getting hammered with longer sentences, especially the ones with violent pasts. They have proven they are incapable of following laws set by society time and time again. Lock them up. Judges have the power to do so, and at sentencing, they should make it clear that the long criminal history plays a big factor at sentencing. I know that judges do that now, and have done it for a long time, but somehow these guys keep getting out, and it is beyond frustrating.

Finally, more treatment needs to be made available for addicts, who keep these guys in business. More halfway houses with jobs for the addicts. And more halfway houses for the dealers getting out and make them hold a damn jon as well.

Those are all just US-centric problems. The mass incarceration of Africans is a world-wide trend in nearly all 200 countries on the planet. The trend even holds true in Africa; so anti-black bias is a stretch. Since this is a worldwide trend, though, any US-centric problems can not be the causes.

Hmm...could you give some statistics or links to back this up please.

Same problem in the UK.

Ethnic minorities 'get tougher sentences due to distrust in courts'
Thinktank says fear of discrimination means many BAME defendants are reluctant to plead guilty to reduce penalties

2100.jpg

Monday 27 March 2017 19.01 EDTLast modified on Monday 27 March 2017 19.02 EDT

Black and minority-ethnic defendants may be given more severe sentences at magistrate and crown courts because they distrust the criminal justice system and are reluctant to plead guilty, according to a legal thinktank.

While judges reduce punishments by up to a third if offenders plead guilty at the earliest opportunity, a report by the Centre for Justice Innovation (CJI) suggests that a belief that courts treat black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) people unfairly prevents them from taking advantage of such reductions and reinforces unequal outcomes.

The CJI report, published before a government review of racial discrimination in the criminal justice system by the Labour MP David Lammy, calls for greater efforts to improve trust so this vicious circle can be broken.

Interim findings by the Lammy inquiry last year found that male BAME defendants are 52% more likely to plead not guilty in crown courts than white defendants in similar cases.

About 51% of the UK-born BAME population agreed that “the criminal justice system discriminates against particular groups”, compared with 35% of the UK-born white population.

While black people are almost four times more likely to be in prison than white people, the Lammy investigation revealed racial disparities at the stages of arrest, charging, prosecution and imprisonment.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/201...t-tougher-sentences-due-to-distrust-in-courts

Ethnic minorities more likely to be jailed for some crimes, report finds
Study headed by Labour MP David Lammy reveals racial disparities at arrest, charging, prosecution and imprisonment

3424.jpg

While black people are known to be almost four times more likely to be in prison than white people, the study, headed by the Labour MP David Lammy, reveals racial disparities at many stages of arrest, charging, prosecution and imprisonment.

Lammy, the MP for Tottenham in north London, said: “These emerging findings raise difficult questions about whether ethnic minority communities are getting a fair deal in our justice system. We need to fully understand why, for example, ethnic minority defendants are more likely to receive prison sentences than white defendants. These are complex issues, and I will dig deeper in the coming months to establish whether bias is a factor.”

For example, the report found that young black males are 10.5 times more likely than young white males to be arrested for robbery. In general, black men were more than three times more likely to be arrested than white men.

The comparative figures raise concerns about equal treatment by police and the courts as well as challenging whether differential outcomes are due to causes outside the control of the justice system.

The interim report notes that “black individuals account for about 3% of the total population of England and Wales yet make up about 9% of defendants prosecuted for indictable offences” at crown court.

Lammy’s full report, due next year, was commissioned by David Cameron to investigate evidence of possible prejudice against black defendants and other ethnic minorities in a justice system repeatedly lauded by mainstream politicians as one of the most impartial in the world.

The investigation was given a political boost by Theresa May, who pledged to fight injustice and acknowledged, as she entered Downing Street in July: “If you’re black, you’re treated more harshly by the criminal justice system than if you’re white.”

The inquiry, supported by the justice secretary, Liz Truss, is to be expanded to include a review of ethnic diversity among judges across tribunals, civil and family courts. It has already begun considering judicial ethnic diversity in crown courts.

Disproportional outcomes were particularly noticeable in certain categories of offences. For every 100 white women handed custodial sentences at crown courts for drug offences, the report found, 227 black women were sentenced to custody. For black men, the figure is 141 for every 100 white men.

One of the most frequent explanations for differential outcomes is that distrust of the justice system encourages ethnic minority defendants to opt for jury trial rather than pleading guilty at magistrates court, where they might receive a lower sentence.

The report confirmed that BAME defendants are more likely than their white counterparts to be tried at crown court: for every 100 young white defendants opting to have a jury trial, 156 young black men choose to do the same. The report also found 152 BAME men pleaded not guilty at crown court for every 100 white men.

Another of the inquiry’s panel members is Shaun Bailey, a Conservative London assembly member. Asked whether he thought there is bias in the justice system, he said: “The institutional figures would suggest that … If you had gone to the black community in the past they would have given this feeling. But these reports are backed up by statistics.

“Because they have less trust in the system, black people think they should trust the public [ie the jury]. It shows they still have trust in the British public. [Outcomes in] the rest of the system would suggest there’s bias.” By opting for a jury trial, Bailey said, black people were trying to redress perceived prejudice.

“One of the things [the UK is] known for around the world is the impartiality of our judiciary. But people have correctly said a small part of it is not impartial.” Bailey welcomed the fact that the government was tackling the issue and noted that the justice system had “not shied away” from the inquiry. “People have been entirely happy to help.” Asked for examples of prejudice, Bailey said: “There are things that are right up with there with Stephen Lawrence.” He declined, however, to give details.

David Isaac, the chair of the Equality and Human Rights Commission, who also sits on the panel, said: “I’m worried. It confirms some of the observations that our own research produced.

“Black people are more likely to be the victims of crime yet are treated more harshly in the criminal justice system. This confirms that trend does not just exist but it is more acute than we realised. I don’t think this is overt racism but it’s hard to break down the individual components that produce these statistics.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ely-to-be-jailed-for-some-crimes-report-finds

Back