Mass Effect is officially on ice...

Out of touch and a mess of a company. Wasn't there a poster here who said he knew someone inside and they said the development was a nightmare and the game was going to be a yuge mess like a month before it came out and everyone shit on him. Turns out he was right.

You could apply this story to just about every game that's ever released. Supposedly, Red Dead Redemption was a total fucking disaster until Leslie Benzies came in to get everything on track and in shape. Should be interesting to see if Rockstar still releases RDR2 in a polished state since Benzies quit/was fired after the Houser brothers allegedly tried to fuck him out of money that he most likely deserved.

Video games sounds like a hellish industry to work in.

If you haven't yet you should read Masters of Doom. And keep in mind the book is almost 15 years old and is about game development in the 80s and 90s. I can only imagine how much worse it is these days with every title becoming yearly franchises.

If you haven't yet you should read Masters of Doom. And keep in mind the book is almost 15 years old and is about game development in the 80s and 90s. I can only imagine how much worse it is these days with every title becoming yearly franchises.

It's always been on my to read list. Thanks for the reminder! Imagine having to manage a few hundred people, across multiple studios, and sometimes in different countries. Then you have some suit who doesn't play games telling you to add this or that. Sounds soul crushing.

It's always been on my to read list. Thanks for the reminder! Imagine having to manage a few hundred people, across multiple studios, and sometimes in different countries. Then you have some suit who doesn't play games telling you to add this or that. Sounds soul crushing.

And on top of that, your most vocal audience is largely comprised of self entitled whiners that take every flaw of a video game as some sort of personal insult. Cant blame the Bioware founders for leaving when they did. Shit, you actually have people still complaining about Inquisition, which was a critically praised and well received game. But some devs just get a target on their backs.

Last edited:
And on top of that, your most vocal audience is largely comprised of self entitled whiners that take every flaw of a video game as some sort of personal insult. Cant blame the Bioeare founders for leaving when they did. Shit, you actually have people still complaining about Inquisition, which was a critically praised and well received game. But some devs just get a target on their backs.

As much as EA sucks, video game fans are straight up bitches. Remember a couple of years back (might have been after the ME:3 ending debacle) they were voted by consumers as the world's worst company, worse than any big oil, big pharma or big tobacco company? Fucking gamers.

i didnt touch Andromeda

the only game i remotely want is titianfall 2. And they just have a partnership with EA which i have no fucking idea why they'd even do that

and re: posts about the devs being victims/gamers being shit...

please.

bioware had a bunch of racists/SJWs on staff and pushed that same bullshit narrative... in a game they clearly halfassed, anyway. they deserve all the complaints and bad press. since gamergate, this shit has been happening more and more. for fuck's sake, most of the devs being criticized developed (yes, pun) god complexes.

- criticizing devs isn't usually a bad thing.

Still cant believe people are defending it. Took some of the best lore, characters and worlds snd turned it into a broken mess. Sure it had its moments but it just didnt stand up.

lolz @ yet another deleted post.

who would have guessed that a gaming sub on SHERDOG (of all forums) would be censornazi'd.

As much as EA sucks, video game fans are straight up bitches. Remember a couple of years back (might have been after the ME:3 ending debacle) they were voted by consumers as the world's worst company, worse than any big oil, big pharma or big tobacco company? Fucking gamers.

The game is real to those people. Of course they are going to be more concerned with gaming industry titans over the machinations of Exxon Mobil.

You could apply this story to just about every game that's ever released. Supposedly, Red Dead Redemption was a total fucking disaster until Leslie Benzies came in to get everything on track and in shape. Should be interesting to see if Rockstar still releases RDR2 in a polished state since Benzies quit/was fired after the Houser brothers allegedly tried to fuck him out of money that he most likely deserved.

And like most companies fans or people don't care about legacy, only "what have you done for me lately."

It was more of a token gesture to prove a point.

and re: posts about the devs being victims/gamers being shit...

please.

bioware had a bunch of racists/SJWs on staff and pushed that same bullshit narrative... in a game they clearly halfassed, anyway. they deserve all the complaints and bad press. since gamergate, this shit has been happening more and more. for fuck's sake, most of the devs being criticized developed (yes, pun) god complexes.

- criticizing devs isn't usually a bad thing.

Randy Pitchford is a terrible person.
In fact, his one and only positive trait is his ability to trigger snowflakes like yourself.

Randy Pitchford is a terrible person.
In fact, his one and only positive trait is his ability to trigger snowflakes like yourself.

...weird. and here, i thought the people laughing at his epic cringe meltdown while gearbox fades to the brink of insolvency (borderlands tps, colonial marines, battleborn) were... you know, the ones laughing at it. til: sarcastic assholes are snowflakes.

i guess "snowflake" is the new "neckbeard."

edit: forgot about duke nukem. they're on a roll!

...weird. and here, i thought the people laughing at his epic cringe meltdown while gearbox fades to the brink of insolvency (borderlands tps, colonial marines, battleborn) were... you know, the ones laughing at it. til: sarcastic assholes are snowflakes.

i guess "snowflake" is the new "neckbeard."

edit: forgot about duke nukem. they're on a roll!
Last one was getting together with G2A, some of the worst scumbags in the mostly criminal grey market key reseller market to to do a collector's edition of the incredibly overpriced bulletstorm and then claiming he had no idea about what scumfucks those people were after people called him out on it.
Either he did no due diligence about a prospective business partner or he simply misjudged the amount of negative reaction it'd get. Considering this is Randy Pitchford, I wouldn't be very surprised if he managed to do both at the same time. Awful human being.
But, again, getting spergy gamergaters to cry and gnash their teeth is the one decent thing he's done with his life. Those people need to cry more.

Last one was getting together with G2A, some of the worst scumbags in the mostly criminal grey market key reseller market to to do a collector's edition of the incredibly overpriced bulletstorm and then claiming he had no idea about what scumfucks those people were after people called him out on it.
Either he did no due diligence about a prospective business partner or he simply misjudged the amount of negative reaction it'd get. Considering this is Randy Pitchford, I wouldn't be very surprised if he managed to do both at the same time. Awful human being.
But, again, getting spergy gamergaters to cry and gnash their teeth is the one decent thing he's done with his life. Those people need to cry more.

"those people" are the ones who actually buy games, y'know. vs anita sarscamian (randy's pal!) and the horde of trigglypuffs they decided to cater to.

it's ironic that you mentioned crying, though... the only tears i ever see from that side of gg come from excessive laughter. the other side is still "literally shaking RN," so whatever.

i'm curious as to what you think randy did that made anyone from gg cry. because that video/song/career suicide was fucking hilarious.

agreed about g2a, though. that partnership was a pretty obvious mistake.

Hate to tell you, but most people who buy games don't know or care about this inane shit at all.
And most of the rest laugh at both sides, they're just about equally pathetic.

it might be about 50-50. a lot care; but the fact that cash grabs and buggy, unfinished games continue to trend is an obvious indicator that a good chunk of the market is rather ignorant to what's happening. so... it's kind of a pick your poison scenario.

i'd like to think that more actually do care, so this shitstorm can finally be over with and game quality can finally go back up.

then again, i'm about to play d2 on a private server that runs its own ladders. so...

Back