Mass Effect Andromeda, v3: T-Pose and Googley Eye Edition

I think if you cut out the annoying kid and 3-color ending from ME3 it is better than ME: A. But no way is Andromeda a bad game.
It could have been an all-time great if Bioware didn't fuck up some parts, but it is good.

We'll it's almost a tossup. If they only just cut the boring as fuck open world driving and tried to make the Andromeda feel bigger some other way..

Also I feel like they played safe with the characters (which turned most of them very dull and forgettable) and the new planets and species (why always go with the ape types in the jungle / desert / snow).

Thank goodness the story got better after the first 10-15 hours.

I haven't played in a few weeks, and I'm perfectly ok with that. I'm kinda bored with this game, which is so unfortunate. I loved playing each of the first 3 games multiple times, and this one feels like a chore sadly.

Mass Effect Andromeda DLC reveal date nears as fans get new bonus reward update

Mass-Effect-Andromeda-DLC-812803.jpg

Mass Effect Andromeda DLC is still not a done deal, with the development team playing coy on what their next plans are for the game.

That could all change during the weekend of E3 2017, with EA PLAY on June 10 set to host a list of new gaming announcements.

There is the chance that BioWare will skip adding any new content to the game following reports that BioWare Montreal has been downsized and that future Mass Effect games have been put on hold.

However, more evidence has been found in recent months that suggests something new is coming to the game.

Many fans have been hoping that some kind of Mass Effect Andromeda DLC hint might be dropped into one of the APEX Missions timed-events, and it appears the latest may have contained something special.

The missing quarian race have been teased in the main storyline as having been delayed in their ARK ship, alongside the elcor, hanar, drell, and volus.

And the excerpt from the latest mission log seems to point to a new tease, reading: “The communications cached in these Remnant artifacts suggest that the observatory is receiving signals that have gone undetected by Initiative observers. From my initial transcriptions, they deserve immediate investigation.

“[DATA: Raw signal transmission received by Remnant observatory. My analysis accounts for attempted auto-translation by Remnant systems and data fragmentation.

“ANALYSIS: “…trying to boost the signal. Unknown if… tech seems to be helping even if we don’t know the… back to Keelah Si’yah. …way home.”]

There was no new APEX Mission launched by BioWare this week, they instead opted to drop a new Play to Give incentive.

“This weekend, all players who log into Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer will receive a Bonus Reward Pack by the Andromeda Initiative,” the development team message explains.

“There are few challenges the multi-species members of the APEX Elite militia haven’t faced, as no fight is the same. Use your reward to boost your Multiplayer character, team up with your friends, and jump into the fight to defend our new home in Andromeda.”

cliffs please? at work with no sound
Basically, lots of developmental infighting and quitting, game was rebuilt about 18 months before release date, the game engine they used was crap, and they released the game knowing it was crap because they figured they could fix it in the next one, which won't happen anytime soon. Imagine that happened with Aliens: Colonial Marines, but worse.

EA forcing all their studios to use Frostbite has really fucked Bioware with DA:I and ME:A. It's not an rpg engine. Look at CDPR, they've been developing their own engine simply because there aren't really any rpg focused engines out there. It's pretty amazing that ME:A shipped in a fairly coherent and complete state at all, bugs and glitches aside.

New patch is supposed to be out either today or tomorrow. A few more character creator options and mid-game character customization will be added. Plus a lot of other stuff I'm too lazy to look up.

http://kotaku.com/the-story-behind-mass-effect-andromedas-troubled-five-1795886428

This is much better than that Youtube video. The journalist at Kotaku does outstanding work and his article deserves the clicks, not Youtube hacks regurgitating his hard work.

EA forcing all their studios to use Frostbite has really fucked Bioware with DA:I and ME:A. It's not an rpg engine. Look at CDPR, they've been developing their own engine simply because there aren't really any rpg focused engines out there. It's pretty amazing that ME:A shipped in a fairly coherent and complete state at all, bugs and glitches aside.

New patch is supposed to be out either today or tomorrow. A few more character creator options and mid-game character customization will be added. Plus a lot of other stuff I'm too lazy to look up.

http://kotaku.com/the-story-behind-mass-effect-andromedas-troubled-five-1795886428

This is much better than that Youtube video. The journalist at Kotaku does outstanding work and his article deserves the clicks, not Youtube hacks regurgitating his hard work.

Thanks for posting. What a tragedy. I don't know why but I'm fascinated by the stories of troubled development of video games. Last summer I read Masters of Doom, and some of the best parts were about the disastrous development of Daikatana by John Romero and Ion Storm.

Another great expose was one written back in 2009 covering the demise of 3D Realms and the cancellation of Duke Nukem Forever (before Gearbox's parent company bought the rights and Gearbox finished it in 2011). DNF suffered the same problems as Daikatana and Mass Effect Andromeda -- namely, trying to do too much.

https://www.wired.com/2009/12/fail_duke_nukem/all/1

Thanks for posting. What a tragedy. I don't know why but I'm fascinated by the stories of troubled development of video games. Last summer I read Masters of Doom, and some of the best parts were about the disastrous development of Daikatana by John Romero and Ion Storm.

Another great expose was one written back in 2009 covering the demise of 3D Realms and the cancellation of Duke Nukem Forever (before Gearbox's parent company bought the rights and Gearbox finished it in 2011). DNF suffered the same problems as Daikatana and Mass Effect Andromeda -- namely, trying to do too much.

You might like this vid by Kim Justice bro if you got dat spare hour

EA are literally Hitlers

Thanks for posting. What a tragedy. I don't know why but I'm fascinated by the stories of troubled development of video games.

I am, too. With how complicated and messy most development is for games, it's amazing a lot of them release at all. Insane crunch and work hours for those people.

Just caught the new Bioware IP reveal

Looks good but I'm left a little rustled tbh. Almost feels like ME:A was just a rehearsal for this shit. I know you can't take too much from an E3 reveal trailer doe

Looks good but I'm left a little rustled tbh. Almost feels like ME:A was just a rehearsal for this shit. I know you can't take too much from an E3 reveal trailer doe

Pretty much how I felt when seeing the reveal trailer. Just thinking to myself... "Wearing spacesuits and shooting guns at the wildlife on an alien planet.They couldn't have just folded this into ME:A?"

When I first heard of "Dylan" I was kind of hoping for something far removed from the feel of Mass Effect or Dragon Age.

the scripted co-op dialogue is cringy as fuck, and I don't believe for a second that this is how the in-game graphics are going to look

Oh wow. Iron Man goes to the country side. Hope there's more than that to this game. Also, walk animation looks like shit (watch the part where second player joins and they jump, he's sliding like he's on goddamn ice skates)

the scripted co-op dialogue is cringy as fuck, and I don't believe for a second that this is how the in-game graphics are going to look

It's the 4k demo. Game looks really pretty, but man, why couldn't this bee ME:A?

Oh wow. Iron Man goes to the country side. Hope there's more than that to this game. Also, walk animation looks like shit (watch the part where second player joins and they jump, he's sliding like he's on goddamn ice skates)

So, Iron Man 3 then?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back