Mass Effect Andromeda, v2: In a Galaxy far far away..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually do mage types in RPGs and picked Biotic for my first playthrough. It was overpowered as hell in ME1. Me and Liara spamming singularity tornadoes on the battlefield was so good

<{anton}>

But I switched to vanguard permanently because of this exchange between Sovereign and Shepard:

"...You cannot escape your doom. I am the vanguard of your destruction."

Shepard was the vanguard of the reapers' destruction. Vanguard = canon

<{JustBleed}>
I like that

{<redford}

I usually do mage types in RPGs and picked Biotic for my first playthrough. It was overpowered as hell in ME1. Me and Liara spamming singularity tornadoes on the battlefield was so good

<{anton}>

But I switched to vanguard permanently because of this exchange between Sovereign and Shepard:

"...You cannot escape your doom. I am the vanguard of your destruction."

Shepard was the vanguard of the reapers' destruction. Vanguard = canon

<{JustBleed}>

Singularity was king in ME 1. Literally the solution to every confrontation. Then they nerfed it in the second game so I switched to Vanguard.

Singularity was overpowered in ME 1. Then they nerfed it in the second game so I switched to Vanguard.

Tell me about it. That epic exchange with Sovereign was the reason I switched to Vanguard, but them nerfing singularity made the choice very easy for me.

I'm five hours in and think it's a blast. I saw a couple really critical reviews and now after playing for a bit I realize how immensely picky and anal some of those guys are... They probably just don't get laid and are bitter to their gaming soul core.

Yep about five hours in now and I'm loving it. The combat changes are awesome. Not so much behind cover anymore in some situations. The jet pack really makes battles a lot more fun as well. Story seems great so far as well.

The mirko is still shit. Literally wasted so much time trying to boost up those steep hills. Have always hated these vehicle things.

93cpnphgq8my.gif

Vanguard

<5>
Damn that's awesome

The mirko is still shit. Literally wasted so much time trying to boost up those steep hills. Have always hated these vehicle things.

Damn I was worried about this. It makes no sense, you have the tech to travel what 15 light years per day but you're stuck with a car with jet packs to explore planet surfaces? Get out of here.

Yep about five hours in now and I'm loving it. The combat changes are awesome. Not so much behind cover anymore in some situations. The jet pack really makes battles a lot more fun as well. Story seems great so far as well.

How do you feel about the combat changes overall. The pause, etc? Are you unable to issue commands to party members and how does that translate with the mechanics?

How do you feel about the combat changes overall. The pause, etc? Are you unable to issue commands to party members and how does that translate with the mechanics?

I haven't even messed with the pausing honestly there just doesn't seem to be any need to anymore. I thought it would bother me but I've barely noticed. Things are a lot more fast pace. I don't like my party members using charge or any ability that gets them close to the enemy. They are wreck less with it.

So far early on biotics seems to be a much more viable option. Which is great they kind of hurt biotics to much in 1&2 with all the shields/Armor. Not so many shield/armor Enemies so far.

I didn't see any way to control the squad abilities but I haven't explored the pausing and commanding squads other than telling them where to move. I'm going to look into that more when I play tomorrow.

From what I can tell the combat is like someone else mentioned in this thread. They want to keep you running around the field and not just covering, killing and moving to the next area. There's still standard cover/kill involved but looks like they are trying to add to it. Which is why they changed the cover system to better work with that play style.

I haven't even messed with the pausing honestly there just doesn't seem to be any need to anymore. I thought it would bother me but I've barely noticed. Things are a lot more fast pace. I don't like my party members using charge or any ability that gets them close to the enemy. They are wreck less with it.

So far early on biotics seems to be a much more viable option. Which is great they kind of hurt biotics to much in 1&2 with all the shields/Armor. Not so many shield/armor Enemies so far.

I didn't see any way to control the squad abilities but I haven't explored the pausing and commanding squads other than telling them where to move. I'm going to look into that more when I play tomorrow.

From what I can tell the combat is like someone else mentioned in this thread. They want to keep you running around the field and not just covering, killing and moving to the next area. There's still standard cover/kill involved but looks like they are trying to add to it. Which is why they changed the cover system to better work with that play style.

Nice. The more I hear the more it seems like people exaggerating the negative aspects. I always say the same thing. Gamers demand innovation, but complain when developers change things.

Last edited:
I've finished the trial and I am having an absolute blast. The bad animTions are very overblown, 98% its all fine and not noticable. The story is intriguing and the combat is phenomenal (thank god for tjis because the Withcher 3 combat sucks).

Anyway, you can play the full game as early as 8:00 PDT on the 20th if you use VPN and switch region to South Korea.

Thats should be 16:00 CET for Europe

I spent the last 3 or 4 hours of my trial on the mp. Unfortunately, I had a few disconnects while loading in to a match and a couple of matches with insane rubberbanding that started to make me a little nauseous. The sound mix seemed off as well like a huge Mech stomping around and sounded right behind me but is somewhere else completely. Hopefully they can take care of that with a patch. The rest of the time the matches were a blast. Shorter amount of time to complete and lesser number of waves compared to ME3 but a whole hell of a lot more enemies in each wave. I was always on my toes because the enemies had a good mix of long range and close range enemies to flush me and my squad out of cover. I played around with a few different classes like the Vanguard (awesome in mp and seems less dangerous than using that class in ME3 mp with the jetpack evade ability), Salarian infiltrator, Asari Huntress, and the Adept. I just stuck to Bronze tier because even that seemed like a decent challenge until you get better gear and unlock more powers. Gold tier is going to be nuts and I can't wait until I'm ready for that. Unlocks seems a bit more generous than before. You get a lot of credits after successful extractions which will net you a lot of basic lootboxes to stay stocked up on power-ups and consumables.

I watched some gameplay of this because some peoples' reactions (on the internet at large) have been so negative. Not exactly new for an ME game, obviously; I remember people hating on ME2, my favorite in the series. From what I've been able to tell, it's good enough to buy once I'm done with Nier. It's also tough to tell how much I'll really like it based on early content. ME combat is always dull until you have enough xp to tweak things such that they fit your play style.

I think my biggest concern was how people were lambasting the writing, but again, nothing new from what I can tell. I've always thought that the writing was weak in some areas but made up for in others.

After watching several youtube reviews it seems as though my character will be suffering from a case of blue balls. How can I build "unit cohesiveness" when I just want to avoid them??

I've finished the trial and I am having an absolute blast. The bad animTions are very overblown, 98% its all fine and not noticable. The story is intriguing and the combat is phenomenal (thank god for tjis because the Withcher 3 combat sucks).

Anyway, you can play the full game as early as 8:00 PDT on the 20th if you use VPN and switch region to South Korea.

Thats should be 16:00 CET for Europe

Only an hours earlier for me but I'll take it.

Guys! Just pre ordered my game and it's downloading!!!

200.gif

I might get the EA pass to play it early as everybody here is getting it two days before me :mad:

I can't believe this moment is here guys, i've waited so much for this game! I'm very excited!

Guys! Just pre ordered my game and it's downloading!!!

200.gif

I might get the EA pass to play it early as everybody here is getting it two days before me :mad:

I can't believe this moment is here guys, i've waited so much for this game! I'm very excited!

Get the EA pass it's $5 and It's worth it. I'm glad I did it.

Man, I play ME games with the default PC. But I just want to change Ryders facial hair. No way Im gonna be looking at that middle school beard for 100 hours.

Man two more fucking days. Hopefully finish Nioh by then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back