Mass Effect Andromeda **(Out March 21st)**

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the single player I hope they ease off the "wave combat" a little bit. That's fine for the multiplayer, but when I'm playing through a campaign I don't like spending 10 minutes in the same room fighting off wave after wave of enemies before I can progress to the next area.

I don't recall ME1 having wave combat at all, largely in part I think due to the fact that it wasn't a cover based shooter like the sequels. I don't really remember how much wave combat there was in ME2, but I definitely remember thinking they were getting excessive with it in ME3.

I dunno, my butt is still hurt from the ME3 ending.

lol at people saying the ME3 story wasn't great. That whole game was great from beginning to end. That whole trilogy blows away anything that's been written for games before. When I see people praising things like the Witcher 3 with it's horrible "Do this for me and I'll tell you a little bit more of the story" BS it makes me laugh.

Storywise as a trilogy, it is a complete and utter disaster. As individual stories, I loved ME1 and ME2. The biggest problem is Bioware knew this was a trilogy from the start but didn't plan for a trilogy at all. But the plot inconsistencies, your choices barely mattering, "no A B C ending," what happened to the Collectors and Harbinger, every game having to recruit yet another crew, Cereberus somehow going from an outsider fringe faction to a massive army all over the galaxy and Shepard working for them after ME1 was completely absurd. That fucking kid who turns out to be the starkid was such a creatively bankrupt and cheap tool to emotionally manipulate the audience. Last but not least, none of the Witcher games have a character as poorly written, as embarrassing and cringeworthy as edgelord MRA Reddit warrior supreme, Kai Leng. He talks shit via email for crying out loud, lol.

The side quests in ME3 were pure garbage and the journal for tracking quests was completely useless. Nobody liked scanning in ME2 yet there it was again in ME3.

The suicide mission (which was awesome!) should have been the last mission in ME3 instead of the mess it turned out to be. So yeah, fun games but they make The Witcher 3 look like Shakespeare.

I know what he was saying and I knew this argument was coming.

They could have used some of the resources that worked on the story ending but I really don't see how that would change the story and plotlines which is handled by a completely different team.

Also, now that Bioware has set the groundwork in place for MP in ME3, they can build on it in Andromeda.

There is nothing wrong with expanding on a game and making it better. If you don't like MP then don't play it. I think it's aristocratic when other people try to dictate to others how to enjoy their game just because they feel it should be a certain way only.

MP in ME3 directly affected the single player game results which is bullshit. The MP fucking dictated how I enjoy the game. And I HAD to play it. You are talking crap and don't even realize it.

There are also plenty of games that do the same with your MP results affecting SP via benefits for SP. Watch Dogs 2 even has random dudes appearing in your game without any invitation.

So, I fucking can complain about adding MP to SP.

First year he'll be fine, they nap a lot. My girls are getting old enough they won't need naps soon then I don't when I'll ever have time. They're gonna have to get a hobby or something

Unless you're a sociopath asshole I disagree, your woman will NOT appreciate you playing games while she's sleeping one to two hours a time for six months. If you've got a job you'll have plenty to do with maybe some down time best spent on the couch and doing foot massages and shit. Otherwise its shopping, washing, cleaning, doctor visits, walks...

Get your gaming time in as well as your beer and homies.

Unless you're a sociopath asshole I disagree, your woman will NOT appreciate you playing games while she's sleeping one to two hours a time for six months. If you've got a job you'll have plenty to do with maybe some down time best spent on the couch and doing foot massages and shit. Otherwise its shopping, washing, cleaning, doctor visits, walks...

We traded days, I get up every time one night, she gets up every time the next, it worked out fine. Of course ours slept more like 3-4 hours at a time, but I had more free time then than I do now that they're 1.5 and 3 years old

MP in ME3 directly affected the single player game results which is bullshit. The MP fucking dictated how I enjoy the game. And I HAD to play it. You are talking crap and don't even realize it's.

There are also plenty of games that do the same with your MP results affecting SP via benefits for SP. Watch Dogs 2 even has random dudes appearing in your game without any invitation.

So, I fucking can complain about adding MP to SP.

I am not talking crap and you sound triggered and butthurt.

Complain all you want you will find most will disagree with you and if you are talking about the galaxy readiness being at 50% and affecting your ending, then luckily you dont have to play online. There are work arounds for that if you did a bit of research. But you seem like the type of fan who screams and whines and doesn't think first.

You will notice with a quick google search I was able to find out you only need 3100 EMS in your War Assets to get the best possible ending, which by the sounds of it most of you don't care about anyways cause of you still complaining about it 5 years later.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/War_Assets

You will notice it says you are not required to play the MP any more. It just makes it a lot easier to get there. Doing a "MP" mission on Bronze by yourself is so easy and uses lot of the maps that are from the SP campaign, so it's not an issue there either. The only issue I could see is having to download the various MP DLC. All which is free and are small downloads.

I never pre-order games, but I pre-ordered ME Andromeda. I agree that ME3 ending sucked balls, but it was a good game, and overall it was a good trilogy even with its plot holes. Characters of the team members are awesome except for a couple like weird ghey shuttle pilot. And you get to fuck xeno chiks!
Also, my wife is a big fan of the series. We were not living together when ME3 came out, and couple of weeks later I got a call from her at 3 AM, she was crying and sobbing and said "I was playing... And In the end all exploded... AND SHEPARD DIED!!!"
So I had to get the new one ASAP

Storywise as a trilogy, it is a complete and utter disaster. As individual stories, I loved ME1 and ME2. The biggest problem is Bioware knew this was a trilogy from the start but didn't plan for a trilogy at all. But the plot inconsistencies, your choices barely mattering, "no A B C ending," what happened to the Collectors and Harbinger, every game having to recruit yet another crew, Cereberus somehow going from an outsider fringe faction to a massive army all over the galaxy and Shepard working for them after ME1 was completely absurd. That fucking kid who turns out to be the starkid was such a creatively bankrupt and cheap tool to emotionally manipulate the audience. Last but not least, none of the Witcher games have a character as poorly written, as embarrassing and cringeworthy as edgelord MRA Reddit warrior supreme, Kai Leng. He talks shit via email for crying out loud, lol.

The side quests in ME3 were pure garbage and the journal for tracking quests was completely useless. Nobody liked scanning in ME2 yet there it was again in ME3.

The suicide mission (which was awesome!) should have been the last mission in ME3 instead of the mess it turned out to be. So yeah, fun games but they make The Witcher 3 look like Shakespeare.

1. "The choices barely matter" argument is so old and I'm done with it. Show me a game that has done it better. At best you'll name 1 or 2 if that. I swear when I hear this from people I'll I can think is your a spoiled brat. In my day gaming on Nintendo something like this was unheard of.

2. I don't need ABC ending. I need the world to be changed around me based on what I've done in the game. Which they did I was satisfied.

3. Collectors and Harbinger are dead you blew up their main base at the end of the game.

4. Yes you have to recruit a new crew. Your are gathering some of the best in their field all across the universe. They aren't going to sit around waiting for you after they think your dead.

5. Yes Cerebus grew for many years I don't see the issue.

6. They brought you back to life and were the only ones willing to help. Did you expect Shephard to say "Nah I don't want your help I'm doing this a lone". He was wanting to save the universe and needed help and accepted the only help offered to him.

7. Yes the email things were stupid and while I loved The Witcher 2 nothing will top the horrible decision to feed you the main story in pieces like they did in Witcher 3. "Do this and I'll telll you a little more". "Oh wait you need to do this little bit more and I'll tell you some more". "Do one more thing and I'll you some more". Easily some of the laziest writing I've witnessed in a long time from such a highly touted writing team.

1. "The choices barely matter" argument is so old and I'm done with it. Show me a game that has done it better. At best you'll name 1 or 2 if that. I swear when I hear this from people I'll I can think is your a spoiled brat. In my day gaming on Nintendo something like this was unheard of.

2. I don't need ABC ending. I need the world to be changed around me based on what I've done in the game. Which they did I was satisfied.

3. Collectors and Harbinger are dead you blew up their main base at the end of the game.

4. Yes you have to recruit a new crew. Your are gathering some of the best in their field all across the universe. They aren't going to sit around waiting for you after they think your dead.

6. They brought you back to life and were the only ones willing to help. Did you expect Shephard to say "Nah I don't want your help I'm doing this a lone". He was wanting to save the universe and needed help and accepted the only help offered to him.

7. Yes the email things were stupid and while I loved The Witcher 2 nothing will top the horrible decision to feed you the main story in pieces like they did in Witcher 3. "Do this and I'll telll you a little more". "Oh wait you need to do this little bit more and I'll tell you some more". "Do one more thing and I'll you some more". Easily some of the laziest writing I've witnessed in a long time from such a highly touted writing team.

Re: 1. I also can't name many games that made such a big deal about decisions having long term consequences. It would have been better imo if the a/b/c choice was made for you based on how you had played, as you suggested in your second point, rather than shading minor differences within your choice. It HAD done that so well overall which made the ending an extra kick in the gut. Otherwise no disagreements

Last edited:
I never pre-order games, but I pre-ordered ME Andromeda.

Pet Pyjak bro

I thought ME3 was really good. Very sloppily written with tons of plot convenience, obviously rushed, but still good. Ending was a tragedy but dat Citadel DLC made up for it

Pet Pyjak bro

I thought ME3 was really good. Very sloppily written with tons of plot convenience, obviously rushed, but still good. Ending was a tragedy but dat Citadel DLC made up for it
Yep, I also got the deluxe version with pyjack and stuff. DLC's for ME3 were badass, Leviathan, prothean guy, Citadel... pity Bioware sold it all separately, but content was good.

Lol at taking an hour of two of time to play videogames making you a sociopath.

Holy whipped pussy Batman. Yes you can have a wife and kids and still have hobbies. In fact if you don't you will go fucking crazy. Who the fuck wants to spend every free second with their significant other?

Super excited about this new one, the MP in 3 was fun, and while the end of 3 didn't live up to the overall story, the backlash was out of had it WAS bad, but not the worst ending ever.

The ending for Mass Effect 3 was pure crap. My Shepard ended the war between the Quarians and the Geth, doing what no one else could accomplish, only to have some snot nosed hologram kid tell me synthetics and organics can't get along and one of them needs to be destroyed. It completely ignored what I had accomplished in the same game, just so it could show us the same stupid ending no matter what we choose. Our companions, who we've traveled with over the course of three games? No mention of what happens to them. They crash land on a planet, end of story.

The big choices from ME1 didn't matter. Kill the rachni = oh no, here's a new one we didn't know about. Save the rachni = oh no, they're being controlled by the Reapers or whatever. No game has done that for good reason, it's damn near impossible to account for all the variables across all the possible playthroughs. But, the reason I was hyped up for it was Bioware specifically stating your choices would matter. If you're going to start calling me a brat instead of having a decent discussion, I'll add that I tend to think people who call The Witcher 3's writing "lazy" are as dumb as a rock. :) No one can deny that Bioware didn't plan out the entire trilogy well. They're not going to do another trilogy like that because they failed, plain and simple. The choices that were awesome: the genophage and the flavor stuff like the people you spared showing up in later games. The A, B, C comment comes straight from the director's mouth that ME3 wouldn't have an A, B, C type ending, which is hilarious in hindsight.

It wasn't many years from ME1 to ME2, lol. Cerberus was awesome in ME2 and laughable in ME3. But whatever, I've argued about that game too much in the past few years.

I think we can agree that we both hope Mass Effect: Andromeda is a great game. It seems like EA learned their lesson from Dragon Age II and ME3: you can't make a great story heavy cinematic rpg in 1-2 years. Inquisition was a good step in the right direction but I hope ME:A's side quests aren't as dull as the ones in DA:I. I also hope Andromeda isn't another Bioware Jesus figure story because they really excel when they do smaller, more personal and grounded stories. I'm tired of saving the world in their games.

This is just flat our wrong and I hope no one thinks this is what raising kids is like. Espicially in the early years when the nap like crazy. My kid spent more time asleep then she did awake when she was born.

This is just flat our wrong and I hope no one thinks this is what raising kids is like. Espicially in the early years when the nap like crazy. My kid spent more time asleep then she did awake when she was born.

your kid is not all kids champ. Some children sleep for one to two hours before waking up for the same and continue to cycle. I was off when my first was born and we would take turns taking care of her and it was very tiring, and my daughter slept more then most other children I knew.

If your use to sleeping 8 hours straight its hard to only get an hour then be up for three then sleep for two just to wake up and take care of them for a few more. its extremely common to lack sleep in the first month or so of parenting, after that at least with my child it got much better not everyone is so lucky.

Can't wait until this comes out. I will be buying an X-Box One on the same day because every other game seems to bore me.

Has anyone found anything that gives them the same enjoyment as the Mass Effect series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back