Masato vs Gomi . This week end.

nice, under what rules is the bout, FTR? japanese kickboxing always is under FTR aside of K1, or i am wrong?

nice, under what rules is the bout, FTR? japanese kickboxing always is under FTR aside of K1, or i am wrong?

Its a sort of modified K-1 exihibition rules. No elbows, no clinch knees no decision unless there is a KO.

Thank you. I'm surprised Gomi didn't get KO'd. Would be cool to see Masato fight someone that was an actual kickboxer and not ridiculously past their prime.
Masato retired way before Gomi has.

Basically what I expected. Good hands and good at closing the distance vs complete kickboxer.

masato looked horrible

I actually thought it was the opposite. I thought Gomi looked terrible, but I didn't expect him to be good since he is not a kickboxer.

I believe Masato was holding back to allow Gomi to save face. From the 3rd round onwards, once Masato found Gomi's rhythm, he was able to land jabs very easily.

It was because Gomi opens combinations with overhand punches or hooks, which are easily countered with a straight punch or jab. In fact, gomi kept walking into jabs because of this, which is kind of embarrassing.

In the final round Masato finally let the leather fly, and Gomi had his ass handed to him.

They're all on juice. Why wouldn't you juice when your sport has literally no testing?

I actually thought it was the opposite. I thought Gomi looked terrible, but I didn't expect him to be good since he is not a kickboxer.

I believe Masato was holding back to allow Gomi to save face. From the 3rd round onwards, once Masato found Gomi's rhythm, he was able to land jabs very easily.

It was because Gomi opens combinations with overhand punches or hooks, which are easily countered with a straight punch or jab. In fact, gomi kept walking into jabs because of this, which is kind of embarrassing.

In the final round Masato finally let the leather fly, and Gomi had his ass handed to him.
come on man, masato looked like shit

i know that he was retired and is old, but he should have put gomi away, who is past his prime like almost a decade. a guy that doesnt train seriusly anymore and just fights for cash. masato looked as if he shouldnt habe stepped back in the ring. his new found muscles didnt do him any good, he looked teriibly slow, robotic and awfull

i know that he was retired and is old, but he should have put gomi away, who is past his prime like almost a decade. a guy that doesnt train seriusly anymore and just fights for cash. masato looked as if he shouldnt habe stepped back in the ring. his new found muscles didnt do him any good, he looked teriibly slow, robotic and awfull

They are roughly the same age, so they are reasonably matched in that regard. I haven't followed Masato much since the K1 MAX many years ago, but I believe he was retired since then, while Gomi has been actively fighting. I could be wrong of course, since I don't follow kickboxing regularly much anymore. I saw in another thread that he had taken up bodybuilding, so is that what you meant by his "new muscles?"

I thought Masato did well for the most part, and like I said i think he held back to save face for Gomi. Otherwise, I'm certain he could've finished Gomi if he wanted to.

they should have let gomi used 4oz gloves. the big boxing gloves made gomi off balanced as he's probably not used to their size and weight, lol.

and man, gomi's always out of breath nowadays.

Masato retired 7 years ago. Why should he look in better shape than Gomi who's still active ? Gomy Doesn't train seriously but Masato does ?
Of course he looked bad compared to when he was on his prime. ( That 5th round tho :eek: ) Masato is not coming back. It was a fan service more than anything. Cut him some slack.

You guys are fucking lame accusing him of steroids. You really don't know how to lift if you think Masato is on steroids. Tf he's not even big. Actually he's not even much bigger than he was during his kickboxing career

Back