masakatsu funaki

Because he did very little outside of Pancrase and Pancrase was suspect.

I don't do who said what. I do both of them fought real fighters in their primes and Rickson fought funaki on the downslope and that's about it. if gsp said someone else was the best welterweight of all time that wouldn't really mean shit.
You are a dork. Renzo and royce both trained with Rickson. They know what's up. You don't know what's up but pretend you do. Binny the pretender.

Good call on Men in Black. The 1998 Grammy awards really got that one right.
james te huna got it right too! if that was his walkout every time he'd be somewhere in the realm of bruce lee/ ali legendary.

You are a dork. Renzo and royce both trained with Rickson. They know what's up. You don't know what's up but pretend you do. Binny the pretender.
its great that you eat up whatever any fighter might say. but I don't. careful there with Aldo saying he is still champ! wouldn't want you to get confused with reality.

Except Royce and Renzo both said Rickson was the best. But thanks for your opinion...
giphy.gif

yeah I hate any talk of Rickson being totally amazing. Royce and Renzo (especially Renzo imo) woulda whipped his ass.

That's not likely to have happened. I mean, even those two have said that Rickson is unlike any other human.

He was arguably the p4p nest fighter in the world at one point. Def forgotten and a great of the sport

I tend to put more stock in empirical evidence than anecdotal evidence.

Also, keep in mind that in a family where the attitude generally seems to be that GJJ is the be-all-and-end-all, it would natural to believe that the best fighter of the group.

Sorry, but the quality of Erickson's wins aren't shit compared to the quality of wins acquired by either Royce or Renzo.

I am not sure what real fights Funaki had outside of Rickson. I am thinking about 90% of his pancrace fights were fixed for him to win. I don't think back then he could ever beat Ken Shamrock, Frank Shamrock, or Bas Ruten. I have the same opinion about Suzuki.

That's not likely to have happened. I mean, even those two have said that Rickson is unlike any other human.
mma career-wise there is little to no evidence of it..

Unless, of course, one believes that Takada was a great fighter
iksjdbnfubkdbfgkbaskdfbgikjasfgijbasdfgkbsarihboisbglakhb rickson rickson rickson. what to do with you? its sad that people buy into him. I know anyone can be on sherdog, but I come here so I don't have to put up with people that hype up guys like rickson

Because he did very little outside of Pancrase and Pancrase was suspect.
I isn't gonna argue with that too terribly hard, but I also give any and all fighters the benefit of the doubt on PED's, fixed fights, etc, even though I may(do) think they might be cheating.

He doesn't get talked about for the same reason most fighters outside the UFC pre 2000 don't get talked about.

its great that you eat up whatever any fighter might say. but I don't. careful there with Aldo saying he is still champ! wouldn't want you to get confused with reality.
You are not very smart. You are talking about 2 different things. The Gracies used to have family challenge matches all the time.

If you don't believe the fighters you shouldn't believe your self. No go in a round room and pee in the corner you dork

I tend to put more stock in empirical evidence than anecdotal evidence.

Also, keep in mind that in a family where the attitude generally seems to be that GJJ is the be-all-and-end-all, it would natural to believe that the best fighter of the group.

Sorry, but the quality of Erickson's wins aren't shit compared to the quality of wins acquired by either Royce or Renzo.
Slap your mouth. When the GOATS name comes out of your mouth spell it correctly

Slap your mouth. When the GOATS name comes out of your mouth spell it correctly
Was typing on my phone and that sumbitch autocorrect fucked up my typing.

In regards to Rickson being GOAT- There's a sucker born every minute.

why doesn't he ever get talked about today? the guy beat every open weight king of pancrase accept Barnett (and himself of course) all by finish I think, some of them he beat twice. he was 1 of 2 guys to hold KOP twice, he did it first and beat the other ( kondo) twice. he had like 40 pro mma wins by 2000.most of his losses were against the top guys there were to fight on earth at the time. why is this guy never even talked about all time p4p on here? why isn't he one of the big 3 Japanese fighters over aoki?

I think he gets talked about. He's maybe my biggest grappling inspiration and I know I am not the only one who feels that way. I actually see a lot of BJJ'ists who admire him, not just catch guys.

I am not sure what real fights Funaki had outside of Rickson. I am thinking about 90% of his pancrace fights were fixed for him to win. I don't think back then he could ever beat Ken Shamrock, Frank Shamrock, or Bas Ruten. I have the same opinion about Suzuki.

You have things mixed up--Frank Shamrock doesn't think he could have possibly beaten Funaki or Suzuki legitimately. He says that he didn't know enough at the time to realize that they were letting him win, but in hindsight he believes that both of them allowed him to catch them and that they were "light years ahead of everyone else." And if you hear ANYONE from Pancrase talk about Funaki and Suzuki, they speak with something approaching awe of their grappling prowess.

Back