Marvel's IRON FIST (March 17, 2017)

If you have seen the complete season 1 of IRON FIST, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Sucked balls and would've given it a 3 if not for the solid performance from the Meachums.

So many plot holes and things that just didn't make sense.

Also Iron Fist wasn't likable in any way. His temper tantrums, his inability to do the smart thing at any point in time and his fight scenes were all close to unbearable. Felt like a chore finishing it.

The pay off is gonna be the Defenders series. I think all the stuff with the big corporations like Rand industries is gonna be what ties JJ, DD, Luke Cage and Iron Fist together and make them have to team up.
Whats surprising to me is that the cast can act but because of the caroony scripts and over dramatic and emotional bullcrap, it looks like they cant act.

Hopefully Defenders is decent and I hope they use the crew that did daredevil with the soundtrack guys from Lukecage. Im optimistic that its decent but honestly looking forward to Punisher, and DD s3 more than any of the other shows.

I honestly think DD is the best thing Marvel has going for it.

This chic almost had her arm cut in half but now she's going toe to toe with her sensei, whom she betrayed, in the rain. *also, this scene is in the John Wick movies where assassins get punted from the Continental.

2017: feel good story.

There's a lot more CW level teeny drama than needs to be. Jones' Rand is a lil cranky bitch too.

Whats surprising to me is that the cast can act but because of the caroony scripts and over dramatic and emotional bullcrap, it looks like they cant act.

Hopefully Defenders is decent and I hope they use the crew that did daredevil with the soundtrack guys from Lukecage. Im optimistic that its decent but honestly looking forward to Punisher, and DD s3 more than any of the other shows.

I honestly think DD is the best thing Marvel has going for it.

Yup me too, I actually look forward to Punisher more than I do any of the movies.

Got a lot better half way through the series. The supporting cast are what made the series enjoyable to be honest. Will look forward to a second series, though.

Madame Gao is a great bad guy.

Last edited:
Finished watching it.

Certainly not what Marvel/Netflix had in mind, but this show wound up reminding me of an older C-level action movie/show where they try to play it straight-forward, but it becomes unintentionally entertaining for all of the shitty action scenes, spotty acting/plotlines, and frequent cheap corniness.

All of these Netflix shows have entertaining segments (some much better than others), but they are all flawed, probably too drawn out and rather forgettable outside a handful of highlights (scenes with Kilgrave doing fucked up things with mind control, The Punisher going to work, Kingpin/DD dynamic and occasional good fight scene, Cottonmouth acting)..... 90% of everything else is mediocre-to-god awful exposition.

Iron Fist was meh all the way through, but had some entertainment value. I don't remember much of anything about Jessica Jones other than Kilgrave's occasional awesome mind control scenes and everything else sucked... so I would still rate JJ as the worst of these shows and Iron Fist being slightly better.

So far, for me:

1. Daredevil 1
2. Daredevil 2
3. Luke Cage
4. Jessica Jones
5. Iron Fist

I would have put Jessica above Luke if her power level had been more consistent throughout the series. In some episodes she was a real powerhouse, in others she had a tough time handling 2 or 3 goons. Poor writing.

Damn harsh critics. I liked the show way more than Luke Cage and for damn sure more than Jessica Jones. I agree the acting and fight scenes were weak but it was still a more entertaining show imo. Maybe tied with Luke Cage

I'm up to Episode 8 and I fucking hate Danny Rand.

The Meachums are easily the best part of the show...and Colleen.

This should've been called The Meechums, featuring Coleen Wing and Iron Fist.

it was a pretty good story, i watched it all the way through to see how things turned out.

the dialogue, the fight scenes, most of the acting, pretty much everything else was underwhelming.

it was weird how they had cursing sex and even a little gore, but the dialogue and fight scenes were for kids. everything had to be fully spelled out, and the fighters had such corny gimmicks. then on the other hand a dead body is getting it's teeth hammered out to make identifying it harder.

so i think they'd tried to play both sides the opposite way of how they should have. i could lose all the "adult situations" for more grown up fighting.

and every show/movie should just do away with henchmen having guns, none of em can shoot for shit.

The only good fight scene in the whole thing was the guy who should've played Rand fighting Iron Fist. Coleen is supposed to be this amazing fighter, but then they have these practice sequences with the actual actress and she looked like shit. Really didn't do it for me. On top of that Jones is completely unbelievable as Iron Fist and the story sucks.

I agree with the others here that the redeeming factor is the Meachum family.

They wrote Danny Rand's character atrociously.

His whole schtick is supposed to be that he is in controlled and restrained - and he has bitch tantrums every 5 minutes.

Ugh , more and more I feel like they cast the wrong guy to play Rand.

Got a lot better half way through the series. The supporting cast are what made the series enjoyable to be honest. Will look forward to a second series, though.

Madame Gao is a great bad guy.

Gao has become one of my favorite characters between this and Daredevil.

I liked Iron Fist. Not as bad as many people are saying. It was better than the second part of Luke Cage by far. The only show of this series that has been consistent start to finish has been Daredevil. Jessica Jones was slow as hell to pick up and get interesting, but was great once it did. Luke Cage was great but fell apart after the club murder scene and the primary villain showed up (he had a great intro but become cartoon silly after). Iron Fist was both great and crap within every episode. So I guess it was consistent overall, just inconsistent within each episode.

IF was way better than LC and JJ. JJ was silly. One scene she is superpowerful the next she is letting regular people sneak up on her and knock her out. Luke was pure doo doo and only got the rating because a bunch of black people watched it that never new anything about comics and never watched any of the other marvel shows. I had people at my work talking about how awesome luke cage was and when i asked about the other shows they said they didn't know what I was talking about. He's basically the Obama of the marvel universe.

I saw a article where the guy who played IF only got 3 weeks of training, WTF. LOL.

The actor who played Ward Meecham elevated this show. Still, it's the worst of the Netflix Marvel efforts so far.

This show sucked. Wasted supporting characters with a terribly miscast lead on dumb meandering storylines. I gave it a 5 but that's being generous.

One thing I don't get about this show is how Daredevil was getting sliced and diced by the Hand, and Nobu pushed his shit in on multiple occasions, yet the guy Kun Lun chose to defeat the Hand has a hard time beating hired thugs and teenagers.

Even without powers shouldn't Iron Fist be way better hand-to-hand than Daredevil?

This show sucked. Wasted supporting characters with a terribly miscast lead on dumb meandering storylines. I gave it a 5 but that's being generous.

One thing I don't get about this show is how Daredevil was getting sliced and diced by the Hand, and Nobu pushed his shit in on multiple occasions, yet the guy Kun Lun chose to defeat the Hand has a hard time beating hired thugs and teenagers.

Even without powers shouldn't Iron Fist be way better hand-to-hand than Daredevil?
That's cause Daredevil is off fighting the real Hand while Iron Fist deals with a bunch of cans, and can barely handle them.

Matt is gonna have to carry the whole damn team in Defenders cause he's shown to be the only competent one so far.

Back