Marvel's IRON FIST (March 17, 2017)

If you have seen the complete season 1 of IRON FIST, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Update: October 31, 2015

Rumor: Netflix Planning IRON FIST Movie, PUNISHER TV Series

Iron-Fist-Punisher-103115-Dragonlord.jpg

According to Peel the Orange, Marvel is considering replacing the Iron Fist series with a Punisher series. As it turns out, it could actually be a good thing for fans of Iron Fist, as the site just received this email from a source who works within Marvel Creative but wanted to remain anonymous:

"Marvel will be turning Iron Fist into a Netflix exclusive feature film. This will give Marvel extra time and a larger budget for this project. The Punisher will replace Iron Fist as one of the four Defenders."

Interesting. Take this with a grain of salt but that could be pretty cool. If you remember, this past summer the Netflix CEO said that they were open to making feature films for Marvel characters and this could be a way to start.

Rumor: Iron Fist to Become a Movie, The Punisher Replaces Iron Fist in Defenders?

I would love an Iron Fist series.

U can delve much deeper with an ongoing series.

Update: October 31, 2015

Rumor: Netflix Planning IRON FIST Movie, PUNISHER TV Series

Iron-Fist-Punisher-103115-Dragonlord.jpg

According to Peel the Orange, Marvel is considering replacing the Iron Fist series with a Punisher series. As it turns out, it could actually be a good thing for fans of Iron Fist, as the site just received this email from a source who works within Marvel Creative but wanted to remain anonymous:

"Marvel will be turning Iron Fist into a Netflix exclusive feature film. This will give Marvel extra time and a larger budget for this project. The Punisher will replace Iron Fist as one of the four Defenders."

Interesting. Take this with a grain of salt but that could be pretty cool. If you remember, this past summer the Netflix CEO said that they were open to making feature films for Marvel characters and this could be a way to start.

Rumor: Iron Fist to Become a Movie, The Punisher Replaces Iron Fist in Defenders?

So do think down the line we'll see the likes of Spider-man, the Avengers and other Marvel
Characters?

disappointed in this. Iron Fist could be such an amazing series with mysticism and marital arts. you don't need a huge budget

the first half of the series could be like Blood Sport, except at the end you have a big dragon appear giving Rand his powers ... how cool
is that? also, Dustin Clare is definitely my top pick for the role

i thought iron fist wast one of the cooler characters as a kid

as an adult i think he's pretty lame.

I kind of wish they would just do Power Man and Iron Fist. It would be a wacky blacksploitation/kung fu series, like Black Dynamite.

Ah man, hope Iron Fist happens.. After Daredevil I was really looking forward to it.

Little to no interest in Jessica Jones or a solo Luke Cage series. I mean, I'm gonna watch'em.

This. IF is by far my favorite character out of him, LC, DD, even Punisher. JJ I do not give a single f about.

But I will still watch them all of course.

Iron Fist is the one I'm most excited about. I've been an Iron Fist fan since 1976 (age 7). After that, the rumors of a Moon Knight tv series are awesome too.

Update: November 20, 2015

Jeph Loeb Assures IRON FIST Netflix Series Is Still Happening

Netflix-Iron-Fist-112015-Dragonlord.jpg

Since Marvel Television announced its Netflix plan two years ago, it's been quiet, news-wise, for one of the four main series: Iron Fist. In an interview with CBR, Head of Marvel Television Jeph Loeb made it clear: Don't mistake no news for bad news, as plans are continuing unabated.

"There was a lot of speculation about what was going on with Iron Fist, because fans hadn't heard anything about it, but there's never been any change at all," Loeb told CBR. When asked if fans can expect news in the near future on a star or showrunner, Loeb responded, "The short answer is, yes, there'll be news."

This past July, an unconfirmed report surfaced that Marvel was facing creative hurdles with Iron Fist, with the difficulty stemming from how to balance the many mystical elements of the comic book character with the much more grounded world of Marvel's other Netflix shows.

Earlier this month, a widely circulated rumor stated that Iron Fist may be reconceptualized as a made-for-Netflix film, with a Punisher series taking its place -- a claim Marvel Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada rejected this week at a "Jessica Jones" premiere event.

According to Loeb, Marvel has deliberately held off on Iron Fist because he wanted to give Jessica Jones, which debuted on Netflix today, the spotlight; especially given that she's a character that was largely unknown to mass audiences.

"We knew exactly what we were doing at Marvel and at Netflix," Loeb said. "Let's get Jessica Jones out there, everybody knows that Luke Cage is up and going. What I can say right now is we're very excited about Iron Fist."

Marvel Television Head Jeph Loeb Says There's 'Never Been Any Change' on Iron Fist

Update: December 7, 2015

Marvel and Netflix's IRON FIST Has Found Its Showrunner

Netflix-Iron-Fist-101115-Dragonlord.jpg

Press Release: The Netflix Original Series Marvel’s Iron Fist has found its showrunner and Executive Producer in Scott Buck (Dexter, Six Feet Under)! Buck previously served as Executive Producer and showrunner of Dexter for the series’ final four years. He has also written for Six Feet Under and Rome, among other series.

“Scott came in with a take on Iron Fist that quite simply knocked us off our feet,” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “We always look for the most creative minds in the field to help us bring our heroes to life, and with Scott we’ve found someone that can deliver yet another great series in the ongoing story of The Defenders.”

“I’ve always been drawn to writing complex, intriguing characters, and that’s what most excites me about the opportunity to bring Danny Rand and Iron Fist to life with Marvel on Netflix,” said Buck.

Returning to New York City after being missing for years, Daniel Rand fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.

Marvel’s Iron Fist is the fourth series as part of an overall deal between Marvel Television and Netflix, which has already released the critically-acclaimed first seasons of Marvel’s Daredevil and Marvel’s Jessica Jones, with Marvel’s Luke Cage premiering in 2016. All four heroes will then unite in the mini-series event Marvel’s The Defenders.

[Comicbook.com and Heroic Hollywood were the first to report this prior to the announcement.]

Marvel Announces Scott Buck as Showrunner for Netflix Original Series 'Iron Fist'

Press Release: The Netflix Original Series Marvel’s Iron Fist has found its showrunner and Executive Producer in Scott Buck (Dexter, Six Feet Under)! Buck previously served as Executive Producer and showrunner of Dexter for the series’ final four years.

KillMe.gif

Press Release: The Netflix Original Series Marvel’s Iron Fist has found its showrunner and Executive Producer in Scott Buck (Dexter, Six Feet Under)! Buck previously served as Executive Producer and showrunner of Dexter for the series’ final four years. He has also written for Six Feet Under and Rome, among other series.

“Scott came in with a take on Iron Fist that quite simply knocked us off our feet,” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “We always look for the most creative minds in the field to help us bring our heroes to life, and with Scott we’ve found someone that can deliver yet another great series in the ongoing story of The Defenders.”

“I’ve always been drawn to writing complex, intriguing characters, and that’s what most excites me about the opportunity to bring Danny Rand and Iron Fist to life with Marvel on Netflix,” said Buck.

Returning to New York City after being missing for years, Daniel Rand fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.

Marvel’s Iron Fist is the fourth series as part of an overall deal between Marvel Television and Netflix, which has already released the critically-acclaimed first seasons of Marvel’s Daredevil and Marvel’s Jessica Jones, with Marvel’s Luke Cage premiering in 2016. All four heroes will then unite in the mini-series event Marvel’s The Defenders.

[Comicbook.com and Heroic Hollywood were the first to report this prior to the announcement.]

Marvel Announces Scott Buck as Showrunner for Netflix Original Series 'Iron Fist'

*Cough*Batman Begins rip-off!*cough*

Is this guy the reason why Dexter sucked?

I dont really know who the iron fist is. After Dare Devil and Jessica Jones though I'll watch whatever Marvel stuff Netflix puts on.

Back