Marvel's IRON FIST (March 17, 2017)

If you have seen the complete season 1 of IRON FIST, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
What i hated about Luke Cage is that he has no enemy. I am never worried about his well being or those he loved. They didn't build that tension correctly.

I think this is actually the right play. You've got a dude who is really strong and really tough. A normal person can't take him on in a one-on-one fight, and even a platoon of expendable thugs can't do it. So it is entirely effective to have the danger be something diffuse, something he can't solve by just hitting it really hard.

I also think Mike Colter and Krysten RItter did at least as well as Charlie Cox; maybe because I couldn't buy into his angst and Catholic guilt thing. That said, I think the actors for Karen Page, Frank Castle and Ben Ulrich all killed it.

wow, the ending was really, really bad.

I think youre jumping the gun big time on Luke Cage.

I do agree tho, Jessica Jones has been my favorite thus far. Best villain easily.

Fair enough. I can only go by what I've seen. I've since watched up to episode 8 (the aftermath of Mariah killing Cottonmouth; Misty Knight has just tried to arrest Cage) and I'm still digging it. Hope it doesn't fall off a cliff now.

Fair enough. I can only go by what I've seen. I've since watched up to episode 8 (the aftermath of Mariah killing Cottonmouth; Misty Knight has just tried to arrest Cage) and I'm still digging it. Hope it doesn't fall off a cliff now.

Loved Cottonmouth. Wish he could have stayed as the main villain

giphy.gif

Edit; I see the video posted already discusses the same topic about lack of prep

Last edited:
In my personal opinion season 2 of DD is still the best of the Netflix Marvel shows but it's probably my bias from having my favorite character and favorite rendition of said character in Punisher in the show.

Is it just me or did Davos come across as more than a friend of Danny's for a long time?

Is it just me or did Davos come across as more than a friend of Danny's for a long time?

Loras Tyrell was with Renly before he got with Nymeria Sand. so yeah, it does make sense

<mma4>

In my personal opinion season 2 of DD is still the best of the Netflix Marvel shows but it's probably my bias from having my favorite character and favorite rendition of said character in Punisher in the show.

nah man, the entire discourse with each & every exchange made between DD & Punisher is the best portrayal of comic book transitioning to live action in history. DD Season 2 is fucking mint.

nah man, the entire discourse with each & every exchange made between DD & Punisher is the best portrayal of comic book transitioning to live action in history. DD Season 2 is fucking mint.
The "you're one bad day away" scene and the bit in the cemetery hit fucking hard

I would disagree. I rank them:

Jessica Jones
Luke Cage (seen up to episode 4 so far)
DD Season 2 (Castle and Karen Page make this season for me)
DD Season 1

I've never liked the Daredevil comic either (other than that Year One style mini by Miller and JRjr (Man Without Fear?)) so maybe I just don't connect to the character. I will say, though, that as an asian dude one thing that bugged me immensely was in two seasons worth of episodes, they didn't give any characterization at all to the Asian antagonists, even though all other ethnicities got some backstory or motivations etc.

Jessica Jones was awesome all around. Appropriately tension-filled and terrifying in all the right spots, and then kind of hangovery after the action.

Luke Cage so far is what Tarantino only wishes he could evoke. I see comments saying that the series goes downhill in the second half, but I am really digging it so far.
what? Asian girl works hard than white guy? say it ain't so

Wait, what? Colleen Wing is white in the comics? Her surname sounds Chinese to me.
Yea, her dad was supposed to be a Chinese guy doing shit in Japan, but they changed him to a white guy.

yea a white prof named Wing, he hooks up with some japanese bitch and they make colleen.

oh of course japanese mom is like from a super samurai family or some shit.

Just finished tonight.

I would downgrade my vote from 7 to a 5 out of 10. On par with Luke Cage. The story is there, it's just some of the writing and the chemistry between actors failed to convey it.

And without going all indignant about it, but where were the calls for the other characters that should have been played by Asians? Bakuto? Davos?

Tried to stay optimistic and well, three episodes in...

There's quite a bit of nonsense and plot for plot's sake, just to plot along. The acting is pretty rough on top of that.

I'm going to finish this and whatnot, but I'm not holding my breath that it gets much better. What a bummer.

Last edited:
Danny comes off like a bumpkin. I realize they were going for the whole fish out of water thing, but he ended up sounding delusional and/or mildly retarded.

It's strangely ironic and maddening that the best part of the entire show was the 1 minute long fight with the drunken master zhou cheng, played by Lewis tan, who was also up for the role of iron fist. I was all for keeping him white but Lewis would have been 100x better than gay ass loras. He's an actual martial artist, is in very good physical shape, & is a better actor. Damn shame

I didn't like the portrayal of Danny at times. Seemed too childish/naive/much of an idiot at times. Plus why does ge got so angry and has zero control of his emotions after training exactly that for 15 years in a monastery. Maybe we'll find out when they tell us more about how he left Kung Lun. Also was waiting for more of a Defenders tease.

Still, overall I really liked the show. Give me more Marvel/Netflix

Just at the beginning of episode 8.

I am entertained and all, but they have made Danny Rand an absolute idiot. I mean, he has no observational, analytical or social skills.

Back