Marvel's IRON FIST (March 17, 2017)

If you have seen the complete season 1 of IRON FIST, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
@CO68 @Kneepocalypse This argument is getting ugly and it stops now.

source.gif

Any future replies or bickering stemming from this particular argument will be deleted.

The truth is both sides are correct in a way and have merit to their reasoning.

I'm watching the show. I am soooo confused why this got such bad reviews.

I mean, it ain't great but it ain't no worse then Jessica Jones and Luke Cage and those shows were ranked high.

Marvel's Netflix shows have underperformed for NO reason.

I hope Defenders pays off. -_-

I literally just said IF was never huge. But he was ripped & muscular from fighting and training his whole life. No excuse for having some scrawny little bitch that doesn't have 1 single shred of anything resembling a muscle anywhere on his body. The acting & writing is the real problem however.

Marvel-Premiere-19-01.0.jpg

Observe what IF actually looks like.

There are many actors who are 1) actual actors & 2) in very good physical shape that should have been chosen. Loras is a BAD actor and a joke for the role. he cannot lead anything & has no acting ability or personality whatsoever. him combined with the piss poor writing absolutely ruined the show. All the supporting cast was 1000x better.
All comic characters are on PEDs brah.

Also, I have no fucking idea how the timelines work in this universe.

The events of Iron Fist take place after those of Luke Cage. As it has being pointed out, enough time has gone by that Claire has become a proficient fighter, has had extensive correspondence with Luke and Madame Gao is casually referencing the events of Luke Cage season 1.

However, the events of this season of Iron Fist are not concurrent with the real world, as evidenced by it being clearly summer in NYC. Usually the weather is the best indicator for these things in the Netflix shows, as they actually take them into account. That’s how we know that Jessica Jones was the one that took place over the longest period of time. It was winter in the first episode, but by the season finale it was already summer.

We saw no such change in Iron Fist. It was sunny and warm throughout the whole season. This leads me to believe that the whole thing took place over the course of a month, at the most.

I'm three episodes in and I can't get over the fact that this hipster stoner that has been doing wushu in Kunlun his his whole life all of a sudden thinks he is capable of running a billion dollar enterprise. Take the money and move on dumb fuck.

Also the broad playing that douchey businessman's sister CANNOT ACT.

I'll see if I can complete this or give up like with Luke Cage.
Luke Cage was worth finishing to the bitter end.

;)

I mean, it ain't great but it ain't no worse then Jessica Jones and Luke Cage and those shows were ranked high.

Part of it was that some reviewers were predisposed to hate this show because they have some (pretty justified if we’re being honest) issues with the character itself. When the show turned out to me the lesser of all the Netflix MCU shows, with numerous issues of pacing, casting and writing, they were given all the ammunition they needed to tear it apart.

The other side of it was that those reviewers who were willing to give the show a chance had really high expectations when it came to the fight choreography. Unlike the other Netflix shows, this one revolved around martial arts in general and kung-fu in particular. Even if they failed in everything else, the fight choreography and the action scenes had to be above and beyond what has been seen in the other Netflix MCU shows. And I think you will agree with the general consensus that they failed miserably in this regard.

Says on wiki she was born in Japan to a father named Lee Wing and a mother who was descended from samurai and daimyo. Her grandfather's name was Kenji Ozawa. Pretty sure she's Japanese with a dye job and some green contact lenses.
That sounds retconned.

Cuz in the actual old comics I always thought she was Irish. She had orange hair and green eyes.

um but he is a white guy lol
Can you imagine the $#@ing outrage that would occur if they DID cast an Asian guy.....with the same characterization?

These idiots just don't even know what they are asking for. The whole show would be ridiculed as racist tropes if he was Asian. It would also lose the comedy aspect of the hippy white guy martial artist.

If this had fight scenes like Into the Badlands I could get behind it more. Its just bad. In one scene he took a guy out by a jumping push kick to the thigh while that guy was jumping. KTFO.

Can you imagine the $#@ing outrage that would occur if they DD cast an Asian guy.....with the same characterization?

These idiots just don't even know what they are asking for. The whole show would be ridiculed as racist tropes if he was Asian. It would also lose the comedy aspect of the hippy white guy martial artist.

Into the Badlands has an asian lead, who is a fucking bad ass. There is no outrage.

Chill with the strawman

The show had a very neat premise. Billionare kid disappears and then re-appears with no proof of identity, he tries to rebuild his life, oh and he knows Kung fu.

Super

Then they cast a guy who didn't fit the role too well, and made the story really complex and bizarre

Still liked it but it's definitely the most flawed Netflix Marvel show. The show should have been about him trying to get his life back while his mask was on. Collecting evidence, etc.

Part of it was that some reviewers were predisposed to hate this show because they have some (pretty justified if we’re being honest) issues with the character itself. When the show turned out to me the lesser of all the Netflix MCU shows, with numerous issues of pacing, casting and writing, they were given all the ammunition they needed to tear it apart.

The other side of it was that those reviewers who were willing to give the show a chance had really high expectations when it came to the fight choreography. Unlike the other Netflix shows, this one revolved around martial arts in general and kung-fu in particular. Even if they failed in everything else, the fight choreography and the action scenes had to be above and beyond what has been seen in the other Netflix MCU shows. And I think you will agree with the general consensus that they failed miserably in this regard.

100%

Daredevil had much better fight scenes. The Hand was also much more formidable then in Iron Fist. Dude is supposed to be the destroyer of the Hand, and Daredevil is the one wrecking these motherfuckers. Very disappointing.

it just seemed like the Diet Hand or Hand Lite. lol

Possibly the elite part of the hand (i.e: the ninjas) are the elite warriors we seen in DD. Iron Fist was pretty much just running through cans and amateurs

I'm amazed they got the fights so bad after a Daredevil got it so right.

THEY HAD ONE JOB!!!!

Real talk, Harold Meachum looks like he can throw hands in real life. He's boxed before. I guarantee it.

I'm amazed they got the fights so bad after a Daredevil got it so right.

THEY HAD ONE JOB!!!!

Real talk, Harold Meachum looks like he can throw hands in real life. He's boxed before. I guarantee it.
666cfccdb3876957520bf2c94de6adf9.jpg

Faramir doesn't fuck around bro

Second episode also moves slow as shit. Completely unnecessary imo, they should've jumped straight into the action.

Also kind of disappointed in the fighting so far, the guy just doesn't seem quick or athletic at all.

Jessica Jones didn't seem that athletic either, but she wasn't supposed to be an athlete, just a chick who happens to have super strength. This dude is supposed to be a kung fu master.

agree it wasnt bad, not like people make it out to be; people may have been expecting something more fantastical closer to the character.

they forgot that they make all these guys street level; so the more magical aspects or eliminated or minimized

Second episode also moves slow as shit. Completely unnecessary imo, they should've jumped straight into the action.

Also kind of disappointed in the fighting so far, the guy just doesn't seem quick or athletic at all.

Jessica Jones didn't seem that athletic either, but she wasn't supposed to be an athlete, just a chick who happens to have super strength. This dude is supposed to be a kung fu master.

Right, one thing completely lacking is the fluidity of the fight scenes.Looks like they didn't even bother shooting another scene. Like they we're thinking "yeah thats good enough." when they did it the first time.

Now i don't expect wire-fu type fight scenes, but give me some action where it looks like he has been training non-stop for the last 15 years

Back